General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Window Wipers?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 12:03 PM
Window Wipers?

Hey guys, been a while since I've posted anything on here and/or seen any of you! I need to get some new window wipers and being that they are usually a pretty big annoyance to me (even with the smallest noise) I wouldn't mind spending a lil more just to get a perfect pair. What do you guys think is the best set of wipers for our car and where would I be able to find them? I've seen RainX has their own wipers now but don't know if they are good or just Autozone crappy.

Thanks in advance,

Matt

Old 02-01-2008, 12:06 PM
5 Year Member
i like the bosche a lot. but for the way my oem works, i think im going to get oem quality.

mine doesnt make all that noise everyone talks about.

but like i said bosche is pretty good. my buddy runs the rain x and he likes them

Old 02-01-2008, 12:09 PM
I know this sounds dumb, but what size are they? I haven't gotten new blades for the Fit yet and have only ever gotten blades for my old civic once before... Can you just walk into the autozone wiper section and pick out whatever you need or do we need a certain size/clip/thing-a-ma-gigger

Old 02-01-2008, 01:26 PM
Originally Posted by matt7277
I know this sounds dumb, but what size are they? I haven't gotten new blades for the Fit yet and have only ever gotten blades for my old civic once before... Can you just walk into the autozone wiper section and pick out whatever you need or do we need a certain size/clip/thing-a-ma-gigger
I don't remember exactly, but you can just measure them - I think the sizes were 24 and 16. Most shops will have a book/kiosk (sp?) that will let you look up the size. The clip itself is generic and will snap right in.

BUT! Because of the weird OEM wiper style (connecter not inline with the blade, but 'above' it, the blades may not be the right size even though the wipers are the same length.

I bought winter blades (can't remember brand...), and even though the blades were the same length as the OEM, the arc that it sweeps is slightly different because the mounting clip is inline with the aftermarket blade, but not on the OEM blade. As a result, the right wiper just barely goes off of the windshield and contacts the body. The left (driver side) wiper was fine.

I ended up getting the right wiper 1 inch shorter than OEM for the right blade so it would stay on the windsheld. The only drawback is there's a small area on the bottom of the windshield on the passenger side (maybe 3 square inches) that's now not getting cleared by the right wiper.

I've never seen an aftermarket blade with the clip in the location that the OEM wiper has- if any are available anywhere, I'd love to know. It may be that some aftermarket brands will totally fit with the OEM sizes - the one I tried just barely went over - if the clip were mounted 1/4" more to the right, everything would be fine.....

Last edited by RedAndy; 02-01-2008 at 01:29 PM.
Old 02-01-2008, 01:35 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
i usually just get the OEM ones.

Old 02-01-2008, 02:06 PM
Can you get OEM winter blades? I got the aftermarket ones b/c the OEM blades didn't handle snow/ice very wel...

Old 02-01-2008, 03:17 PM
The frameless wipers with no springs seem to be quieter, wipe better, and last longer. For the Fit, the frameless Michelin Radius wipers (sometimes available at Costco) do not shudder and are totally quiet. Another frameless wiper (Reflex) was also good but was a bit noisy near the end of its life.

24" left
16" right (you might have to trim ~1/4" off the right)

Old 02-01-2008, 03:34 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by RedAndy
Can you get OEM winter blades? I got the aftermarket ones b/c the OEM blades didn't handle snow/ice very wel...
im not sure if they are specifically made for 'winter' but mine is the
one piece type. i think the 07's came with the traditional blades, no?

Old 02-02-2008, 12:54 PM
nope, 07s had the one pieces
Andrew

Old 03-08-2008, 12:49 AM
5 Year Member
when u replace the oem wiper blades do you have to put the stabiliar bars or whatever it is called form the factory blades on the new ones

Old 03-08-2008, 09:10 AM
if you are just replacing the insert, you get the old piece out, put the (I think two) metal pieces from the old wiper onto the new one, then insert the wiper. I believe your owners manual has the instructions in it.
Andrew

Old 03-08-2008, 09:23 AM
BAF
Can you get aftermarket (Bosh, Rain-X, etc) inserts for the OEM wipers, or do you have to replace the entire blade when you go aftermarket?

I need to replace the driver's side due to a nick thatleaves a streak right in my line of sight, but the passenger side is still good as new and I don't need to replace both, but want them to still match!

Old 03-08-2008, 02:41 PM
5 Year Member
is it necessary to put back for the front and rear the metal stabilzer from the factory blades.what if u dont put them back on the replacement ones..

Old 03-10-2008, 10:14 PM
Save your money!!

Read this thread:

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...ghlight=wipers

Basically there's lettering on the wiper that causes the noise, simply reversing the blade seemed to fix this for most people.

I'm included under "most people"

Took me about 2 minutes and the problem was gone

Old 02-13-2010, 09:15 AM
If you want to replace the entire wiper blade (rubber edge and frame) and you want the newer-style, frameless beam blades, the 14" is a pain to find but I found at least one option: Trico NeoForm Beam Blades on the front (26" drivers side and 14" passenger side). Also found the special rear blade for the special rear arm: Trico Exact Fit Rear Integral Blade - 14". Got the whole set-up online.

Old 03-25-2010, 04:21 PM
Arrow Additional info

Originally Posted by jeff618
If you want to replace the entire wiper blade (rubber edge and frame) and you want the newer-style, frameless beam blades, the 14" is a pain to find but I found at least one option: Trico NeoForm Beam Blades on the front (26" drivers side and 14" passenger side). Also found the special rear blade for the special rear arm: Trico Exact Fit Rear Integral Blade - 14". Got the whole set-up online.
As a follow-up to my post above, I just got an email from wipers123.com and Trico has a $15 rebate on NeoForms through 5/15/10. They also sent me an additional $5 instant coupon "springreturningcustomer" (orders over $30) not sure when it expires... Help yourself if you'd like!

Godspeed

Old 03-26-2010, 12:07 AM
Originally Posted by cndfit
The frameless wipers with no springs seem to be quieter, wipe better, and last longer.
Yup, agreed. Beam-style, I've seen them called.

Although fwiw, I got some generic brand of them via eBay, and they've only been a little better than okay. Still I've had them on for more than a year now, which is twice as long as blades usually last me. And they've been 1000% better than the original OEM style ones that were on the car when I bought it. But then, if I recall correctly, there was an update and/or TSB on the Fit's wipers - a better version of them from Honda vs. what may have been on my car (which were the worst I've ever seen).

Old 03-26-2010, 12:17 AM
FYI...I put Rain-X on my CR-V, and here in AZ, they were the shortest life blades I ever had. Maybe the sun or heat, but I replaced them with Goodyear, and they work fine. Can't find a matched set of anything for the Fit yet.

Old 03-26-2010, 04:30 AM
BOSCH are best windscreen wipers. I use mostly around winter time (when i expect snow) and keep a cheap store brand on the other times so my wife over kills them.
Instead of cleaning the mist off in the morning with a rag in the trunk, she set the wipers on high to clean it off.

Old 03-26-2010, 10:54 AM
Aftermarket Wiper Blade Matched Sets For Honda Fit

Originally Posted by citabria7
FYI...I put Rain-X on my CR-V, and here in AZ, they were the shortest life blades I ever had. Maybe the sun or heat, but I replaced them with Goodyear, and they work fine. Can't find a matched set of anything for the Fit yet.
Matched Sets:

09-10 Honda Fit; Trico NeoForm 28" Driver Side, 14" Passenger Side & 14" Trico Exact Fit Rear Integral Blade

07-08 Honda Fit; Trico NeoForm 24" Driver Side, 16" Passenger Side & 14" Trico Exact Fit Rear Integral Blade

Quick Reply: Window Wipers?