General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

dealer ripped me off?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 03:36 PM
5 Year Member
dealer ripped me off?

I was going over my receipt for my fit for tax purposes...i see on the list of charges/assessories i purchased they charged me $295.00 for "mudguards" those are mud flaps right...? i dont have those! wth? really dissappointed with this dealership. my weatherstripping has been falling off more and more ever since i bought it(on the back 2 passenger doors(and i never really use those doors or have passengers in the back). my side skirts are coming lose, i just checked em and went to tighten em down in place...the screw holes are stripped!.

anybody from a honda dealer or anybody in general know what they were refering to when they charged me 295$ for 'mudguards'? and if youre thinking interior or paint protection(i did purchase those but theyre already listed on the receipt under the price i paid for 'pro care package'

also lookin through it...ugly fact after my fianance charges, i paid 26k for the fit ;/ haha.

i plan on calling the dealer to try and get this all taken care of but in the mean time some info would be helpful(it will be a couple weeks before i have the time to bring my ride up there since i work 7 days a week(and at least 8 hours a day) most of the time).

thanks...

still love the fit ;p

Last edited by kancerr; 01-31-2008 at 03:43 PM.
Old 01-31-2008, 11:39 PM
IF you have a sport they can't put mud flaps on. U sure they didn't deduct the price of mudflaps from the pro care package?

Old 02-01-2008, 12:13 AM
5 Year Member
yep def added 295$ on top of it...i called and asked the sales guy i had and he said they dont make em for the fit. going to take it in to get some stuff done soon(fix the weatherstripping and fix my side skirts) and hopefully take care of the 295 for mudguards...may be i can talk them into replacing my clutch for me, haha.

since my fit isnt going in for anything but cosmetics should i return it to stock? The only mod on it so far is a CAI. also have the stock muffler off the car. or does it not matter if i return it to stock when taking it back to the dealership?

Old 02-01-2008, 02:19 PM
ur dealer sounds pretty ghey so I would put the stock muffler back on incase they try to be dicks about it. They have no reason to pop the hood so you can leave the cai in.

Old 02-01-2008, 04:19 PM
5 Year Member
okay sounds good will be going to get it taken care of soon. ive also noticed that my ebrake, the plastic that covers the holes has gotten stiff and ripped?? theres no reason that should happen ;/

Old 10-10-2008, 12:34 PM
Updates on the 26K fit yet?

Old 10-10-2008, 01:25 PM
not fair

Originally Posted by d1926a
Updates on the 26K fit yet?
To call it a 26K fit is unfair! Most people don't calculate and post their costs after financing. The poster is being very upfront and square with fitfreak.net. There are a lot of liars that fluff their purchase prices downward to make themselves look worldly or experienced. On the net no evidence is required! A 50 year old weirdo can suddenly become a 14 year old boy as his "needs" require. Anyway the $300 mudflaps are unacceptable no matter what! The dealerships make relatively little on the fit and thus, like poiticians, are forced to be creative if the want to "profit"! (WIN)

Old 10-10-2008, 02:21 PM
Originally Posted by feddup
To call it a 26K fit is unfair! Most people don't calculate and post their costs after financing. The poster is being very upfront and square with fitfreak.net. There are a lot of liars that fluff their purchase prices downward to make themselves look worldly or experienced. On the net no evidence is required! A 50 year old weirdo can suddenly become a 14 year old boy as his "needs" require. Anyway the $300 mudflaps are unacceptable no matter what! The dealerships make relatively little on the fit and thus, like poiticians, are forced to be creative if the want to "profit"! (WIN)
I didn't call it a 26k fit, OP did. I just wanted to know if he got anything back from the dealership.

Old 10-10-2008, 04:33 PM
5 Year Member
they said there was nothing they could do about it since the dealership has changed management 3 times and i financed the car, they said if i would have paid cash for it they could have done something(wrote me a check), or if i caught it before the financing was finished when i first bought the car(they could have taken off the 1700 dollar "appearance package"...pretty much i paid 1700 extra for the pinstripes that THEY put on the car, without me asking. haha.

apparently since i financed the car the 26k ISNT my money...bs! i took out the loan for it, am paying it back, it is MY money.

anyways lesson learned. tryin to refinance the car now to get out of these awful payments.

so i got nothing from the dealership. ;/

Old 10-10-2008, 07:09 PM
Retired Moderator
Ouch...!!!

Old 10-10-2008, 11:49 PM
5 Year Member
im paying $20159 if I don't pay it off before 72 months. did you get the AT Navi for that price?

edit: my bad, cojaro makes a good point in the next post.

Last edited by BlackUp; 10-11-2008 at 10:42 AM.
Old 10-10-2008, 11:59 PM
5 Year Member
Wow, living dead thread.

Originally Posted by BlackUp
im paying $20159 if I don't pay it off before 72 months. did you get the AT Navi for that price?
I'm pretty sure he paid for a 2008 Fit. Nav wasn't an option then.

Old 12-21-2008, 01:39 AM
Banned
Bah I hate dealers! They charged me 13% interest on my scion! I gave it back its too much.

Old 12-21-2008, 07:07 PM
5 Year Member
07 not 08

finally refinanced the fit with my credit union... 4.5% interest, payment went down about 150 a month ;p

Old 12-21-2008, 08:33 PM
5 Year Member
Bah I hate dealers! They charged me 13% interest on my scion! I gave it back its too much.
That is usually not the dealer's fault but has more to do with your credit score.

Last year we financed a car without ANY credit histrory (moved here from abroad) and we got 10% - after not even a year we refinanced and we're down to 7% because we always paid everything on time.
If the dealer gives you a bad rate even if you have a decent score, always ask for the "buy rate" - that's the rate the dealer gets the money from the bank at. Of course every dealership tries charging you a lot more. I've seen dealerships selling credits for 2 percent points over the buy rate.

Old 12-22-2008, 10:06 PM
Someone that spends her life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by feddup
I was reading earlier about what people had paid, and felt ripped off myself. But then I realized that I did pay cash for mine, so maybe it's not so bad.

They all have to make money somehow. All the people at the dealership and all the people at the financing company have to be paid. And in turn, those people spend their money on goods and services at the places we work at. And then we get paid by our employer.

We really just pass the money around.