General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Tint Ticket

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 08:44 PM
5 Year Member
some of you are very quick to point out that tints are illegal and you don't seem to care at all.... or even want to think of a reason for having tints, besides making the car look more aggressive. In actuallity tints are very usefull during night driving...which is the only driving I do being that my work hours are 11pm-6am. Now for you criticizers out there, I want you all to try an experiment.....go out after the sun has gone down and drive for 2-3 hours or 130 miles(thats what I do every night) without tints and see how many times your blinded and high beamed by other driviers. Then come back here and tell me tints are illegal and useless.

Old 01-28-2008, 08:46 PM
5 Year Member
well i'm not going to say a tint is useless because i know it is. Keeps the car so much cooler during hot weather and at night keeps you somewhat protected, however it is OUR choice to tint our car as dark as we do. Sure the law is somewhat stingy on this topic but we all run the risk of getting a ticket for the choices we make.

Old 01-28-2008, 09:19 PM
Originally Posted by greekdaddy000
some of you are very quick to point out that tints are illegal and you don't seem to care at all.... or even want to think of a reason for having tints, besides making the car look more aggressive. In actuallity tints are very usefull during night driving...which is the only driving I do being that my work hours are 11pm-6am. Now for you criticizers out there, I want you all to try an experiment.....go out after the sun has gone down and drive for 2-3 hours or 130 miles(thats what I do every night) without tints and see how many times your blinded and high beamed by other driviers. Then come back here and tell me tints are illegal and useless.
understood...but...
many of us are not that keen on the idea that your visibility of others also goes down a bit (if it cuts down on the high beams it must cut down on darker things yes/no?)
It has many uses no doubt and many unfortunate side effects,
particuarly if it is heavily and or Illegaly tinted...
I had your commute for a while actually... you can take away about 15 miles though. Its a good thing we can atleast use the tinter on the
rearview.
Tint can indeed help keep the car cooler... (never seemed to work out too well for me though) helped a bit with daytime glare sorta

Other drivers have a harder time trying to see what you are doing and/or might be planning...or have a chance at looking further ahead through your vehicle.
I partially agree with your use of "some of you" though...hahaha...
true...true....

Last edited by Snap Fit; 01-28-2008 at 09:45 PM. Reason: Because I had tooooooooooo many misspellings to count...hahahahahahaaa...thank you Mr. "edit" ...
Old 01-28-2008, 09:38 PM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
i agree window tint is very useful and adds to comfort of the occupants in the vehicle. but it does decrease visibility in certain situations and can be unsafe. also, it is more dangerous for an officer to approach a tinted car than one that's not tinted, and tinted cars can hide occupants that are inside if they're "up to no good."

so window tint has both positives and negatives, which is probably partly why laws about it can differ so drastically from state to state. i guess the law is the law though right, so good luck with your ticket greek.

Old 01-28-2008, 09:47 PM
Originally Posted by doctordoom
... and tinted cars can hide occupants that are inside if they're "up to no good."
crap! never would have thought of that one....I dont envy cops at all.
I am paranoid enough thank you very much...hahaa

Old 01-28-2008, 11:08 PM
5 Year Member
"up to no good."
Especially when they start making trouble in your neigborhood.

yes, its a FPoBA reference....

Old 01-28-2008, 11:17 PM
Originally Posted by sterVin
Especially when they start making trouble in your neigborhood.
yes, its a FPoBA reference....
NICE!!!
HAHAAAHAAAAAA.....heheeheheheeeeee......hohoho (santa? WTF?)
I know it was like one little fight!

Last edited by Snap Fit; 01-28-2008 at 11:18 PM. Reason: Because I love the cheesy factor of the "edit" button
Old 01-29-2008, 12:18 PM
I'm with gar1013. The police officer "had nothing better to do at 7AM" than...what? Doing his job? He saw something illegal, and wrote a ticket? Sorry to hear that you got one, but you had it coming. Good luck. Nothing wrong with tint within the limits of the law.

Old 01-29-2008, 01:56 PM
Originally Posted by billmus86
you are officially on my "do not like list"

1. tints look great on any car, and by less obvious you mean drive with your fog lights on? (jk and just for that one i want you to know i have independent fogs so they can be on all the time when i drive)

2. you have no class, and dont deserve to have a fit or be on this forum if all you do is bash people for no reason

3 and if "they're" pigs, that makes you corn mush

. im done.
Hold on, I have to wipe the tear from my eye.

Okay, now:

1. Illegal tints are illegal. If you want to look like a drug dealer, expect to get treated like one.

2. I have no class and bashed on him for no reason? He referred to cops as pigs. That's reason enough. Disrespecting people that would put their lives on the line to save him from danger is an asinine thing to do. Period. You should be ashamed that you don't have the class to call him out for it.

3. You don't seem to have a problem with him calling cops pigs. That makes you just as bad as him.

Old 01-29-2008, 02:02 PM
Originally Posted by billmus86
no i have a reason
im defending someone- and this is not the only post i was reffering too- most of his posts are about negatives towards others and the way they drive
Because I don't like people that are inconsiderate towards others on the road, and because I think people should drive like adults (as opposed to over-grown teenagers who own all the Fast and Furious movies)?

Re-read my posts. You'll see that's when the negatives fly.

For example:

- Removing your catalytic converter
- Having illegal window tint and then blaming the police for ticketing you
- Using excessive light at night
- Having excessively loud stereos.
- Not having a job and a place of your own, but yet wanting to spend $3.5k on car upgrades.

Old 01-29-2008, 02:15 PM
Originally Posted by greekdaddy000
besides making the car look more aggressive. .

What is the point in making an econo-box look aggressive? More importantly, why should any car need to look "more aggressive". If you ever get the chance to visit California, you should go to the auto museum in Blackhawk and you will see AMAZING cars. All of them are simply stunning, and few if any are aggressive. The closest thing to agressive there would be the Mercedes 300SL Gullwing.

Old 01-29-2008, 02:38 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks for the heads up greekdaddy. I am still going to tint mine the same way you have yours done. (Even though its illegal)

I dont even know what to say to gar1013. But i can say that i officially hate him. You sound like a 70 year old man.

Old 01-29-2008, 02:38 PM
there will always be a problem with fixing cars when it comes to the law, whether it would be function or style. Each person has their own taste in mods. Fixing up your car is sometimes pointless but each person has their own taste, may it be ugly, decent, or settle, but at the same time can also be useful.

greekdaddy000 tinted his wondows for his reasons and like many of us for shade and prevent head lights beaming inside your car and blinding you. It is unfortunate that he got a ticket for it and yes the cops could have done soemthing else but you just got caught. I agree with many of the guys on here that it is ultimatly our responsability to make our mods in accordance with the law. Even though many of us don't then that is the price we have to pay, may it be a fix-it-ticket for tinted windows.

So if you are going to make a mod please do your research, not only what it can do for your car, but also what are the consequences so we wont have to constantly hear people complain they got a ticket for this or a ticket for that.

Old 01-29-2008, 02:52 PM
Originally Posted by gar1013
Because I don't like people that are inconsiderate towards others on the road, and because I think people should drive like adults (as opposed to over-grown teenagers who own all the Fast and Furious movies)?

For example:

- Not having a job and a place of your own, but yet wanting to spend $3.5k on car upgrades.
hahahaha this thread is cracking me up, the poor guy just posted he got a ticket and you guys are blazzing him

Old 01-29-2008, 02:54 PM
5 Year Member
Greekdaddy wasnt comlaining. He was warning people.

Also what i just thought of... If it was your first time getting pulled over for it then that cop was a dick to get you a ticket. He should have given you a warning then if he saw you again given you a ticket. Its a holes like that cop that need to get a life.

Old 01-29-2008, 03:17 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Bragi

Also what i just thought of... If it was your first time getting pulled over for it then that cop was a dick to get you a ticket. He should have given you a warning then if he saw you again given you a ticket. Its a holes like that cop that need to get a life.
exactly....thank you

Old 01-29-2008, 03:56 PM
Originally Posted by gar1013

For example:

negatives fly? Why? Why not open disscussion? Why not voice just your
concern and or reasoning and not what seems like antagonizing remarks?
I see the point you are trying to make from above, but the last one has
little to do with the rest. That could be cultural and/or personal, and could
be seen as many different things most of which are probably of little
concern to you in reality (unless personal). The same could be said for even getting a Fit in the first place (when you stop to think about it)
I think we all understand what you are constantly getting at but some
probably question your intentions. Gooogooobs of what seem to be
negativity will....well...ummmm... probably beget negativity. (whether or not it was your intent)

sorry for being horrendously off topic

Old 01-29-2008, 03:57 PM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Crucio
hahahaha this thread is cracking me up, the poor guy just posted he got a ticket and you guys are blazzing him
haha i've never heard the term "blazing" used in this way, i think the correct term is "flaming" but whatever haha.

you got the take-home message all wrong. the cop is not an a$$hole. if someone has an illegal modification, it is illegal. that means they can be ticketed and fined for it. if the cop gave him a warning, then he would be very nice. if he issues a ticket for it, that's what he was supposed to do in the first place. you aren't supposed to be getting extra chances with the law lol.

Old 01-29-2008, 04:02 PM
you got the take-home message all wrong. the cop is not an a$$hole. if someone has an illegal modification, it is illegal. that means they can be ticketed and fined for it. if the cop gave him a warning, then he would be very nice. if he issues a ticket for it, that's what he was supposed to do in the first place. you aren't supposed to be getting extra chances with the law lol.
LOL
I have agree with that one.

Old 01-29-2008, 04:03 PM

I didnt know that was the protocol. Then thats an uber bummer!
iduunno maybe he was trying to spice things up a bit! hahahaaa...but
really

hmmm...lesse if you have a history of tickets and a cop pulls you over
for this "new" type of infraction, would they be more likely to
ticket? (I am not saying he has had other offences) just curious...
wonder if anyone on FitFreak is a cop.... anyone?

ooops I didn't refresh...two people already commented on that! oops again...

Last edited by Snap Fit; 01-29-2008 at 04:06 PM. Reason: Because the "edit" button apparently talks to the "refresh" button ....but not me! *frown*

Quick Reply: Tint Ticket