General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Can't decide between SSM & NHBP

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 09:52 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by billmus86
in my case:
silver reminds me of my sisters beat up chevy cavalier....
black reminds me of my sweet ass fit
lol, that's exactly how milano red is for me.

Old 01-28-2008, 10:21 PM
5 Year Member
Black is one of the best looking colors when clean, but the absolute hardest to keep clean.

Silver is one of the easiest to keep clean, but in my opinion doesn't stand out that much when clean. (I have Silver)

If you look at Hondas on the road - I think you'll notice that a lot of people "let go" or give up on trying to keep their Black Hondas clean. Seems to true regardless of model. Black just shows dirt scratches and swirls fast.

If you're going to hand wash your car every week - and hand wax it at least once a month - Black will look amazing. It WILL get hot faster than other colors. DO NOT use a car wash brush - or for that matter don't take it to a car wash unless it's "touchless". Even then, only if you don't have another option. I would hand wash it - and rinse your sponge/cloth often. Black just shows scratches more than other colors I think.

Old 01-29-2008, 12:44 PM
Cool

I went with Blackberry Pearl, mostly because it was the only sport model they had at the dealership and I didn't want to wait. The color is awesome, but a real PITA to keep clean, particularly at my work which generates a ton of cement dust. I end up washing by hand about twice a week, and running it through a superb touchless carwash every week or two as well. I still have bad days where there seems to be more dirt than paint. If low maintainance washing is important to you, stay away from dark colors. If you are willing to put in the effort though, BBP does clean up VERY nicely.

As for long term, my dealership had a paint and interior insurance program. It was a little costly, but if I get a scratch, or stain on the upholstery, and want it touched up, I call the dealership and they send someone out to my house to fix it. I haven't needed it so far, but I'm planning on calling them soon to get that "showroom floor" look back, after all, I need to get my moneys worth.

Old 01-29-2008, 03:17 PM
hey there FractalJackal-
have you considered using a car cover for when you are at work...
... maybe (if it works for you) you might only have to wash it like
twice a week .

Old 01-29-2008, 04:45 PM
Yeah, I am definately considering it. I can't remember where I saw a cover for sale, here or E-bay. It's about four items down my list right now though... 1st is get the cigarette lighter fixed (it went out about a week back for unknown reasons, it's not a fuse, I think maybe a loose wire inside the casing, but not sure), 2nd is install the rear floor mats, I did the front ones, but haven't gotten around to the back yet (looks like a PITA from everything I have read and the directions included)...then it is between the car cover for the dust, and a Bra for loose stones in the yard I work at. Pretty big chance of incidental damage from road debris etc. here. Given the choice between the two I would rather put in the elbow grease on cleaning the car and keep the hood from getting dinged up. I think I will go with one of the magnetbras I saw advertised here.

Old 01-29-2008, 10:00 PM
5 Year Member
As everyone else has said here Black is harder to maintain. Depending on your frequency of washing the car. If you're a detailer then I'd go with Black if not I would definitely go with Silver.

With my experience I had a Silver Acura Integra and Loved it. When it got dirty I didn't really see it that much. But when I washed it the flake in the silver stood out. Being that I'm from FL, the summers here are just ridiculously HOT to the point where I would NEVER get a black car.

I test drove the Black Sport Fit and really loved the car but I told the sales person I would not buy that car cuz it's black.

I was going to buy a silver one but, I somehow talked my neighbor into looking at the FIT for their next car and they came home with an SSM base FIT. I was like OMG I can't believe you got the color I wanted.

Driving 50 miles round trip each day to work, I have seen 2 black fits, 3 silver fits, 2 blue fits, 1 white fit, 1 red fit, and 1 orange Fit.

Based on that in my town the rarest FIT colors are BBP and TWB. BUT I want the BOM Sport M/T!!! can't wait!!

peace,

Peace,

Old 01-30-2008, 12:34 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Skytraveler
As everyone else has said here Black is harder to maintain. Depending on your frequency of washing the car. If you're a detailer then I'd go with Black if not I would definitely go with Silver.

With my experience I had a Silver Acura Integra and Loved it. When it got dirty I didn't really see it that much. But when I washed it the flake in the silver stood out. Being that I'm from FL, the summers here are just ridiculously HOT to the point where I would NEVER get a black car.

I test drove the Black Sport Fit and really loved the car but I told the sales person I would not buy that car cuz it's black.

I was going to buy a silver one but, I somehow talked my neighbor into looking at the FIT for their next car and they came home with an SSM base FIT. I was like OMG I can't believe you got the color I wanted.

Driving 50 miles round trip each day to work, I have seen 2 black fits, 3 silver fits, 2 blue fits, 1 white fit, 1 red fit, and 1 orange Fit.

Based on that in my town the rarest FIT colors are BBP and TWB. BUT I want the BOM Sport M/T!!! can't wait!!

peace,

Peace,
you forgots lunar mists y0!?

Old 01-30-2008, 08:03 AM
After seeing this car on the forums I wanted black but 3 cars ago i had a honda accord in black and it just wanted cry when the light hit it. If you have the time then go for black but if not get the SSM.

Sickest black fit on the forums

Old 01-30-2008, 09:55 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by los_creeper
you forgots lunar mists y0!?

Dang how can I have forgotten the Lunar Mist!!! Yup I"ve never seen the Lunar Mist either.

But all the fits that I've seen except my neighbor's Base Fit are all sport Fits, Lunar Mist was a Base color. In my mind there's only the Sport Fit

Not too many of us have a Base fit or start out with the Base Fit.

peace,

Old 01-30-2008, 10:56 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
the silver on the Fit's are nice and dark. it's not the cheap looking
silvers that the last gen civic's used. the silver almost matches the
silver on my G35C.

it's a nice rich and deep color.

black is nice too, but i already have a black car... and it has been a
biotch to keep clean.

Old 01-30-2008, 10:22 PM
Wow that is a very nice black fit! Before I forget, I think I forgot to mention something important... weather conditions! I'm residing in La Jolla San Diego and the weather here is usually very cold in relative to general so-cal weather. In the morning, the cars here are usually very moist and wet. I don't know if it's the winter season, but it's been raining here at least once a week. So far, all the black paint cars look extremely clean (though I'm not sure if the owners come out in the morning @ 5am and wash/wax their cars). SSM is a great color but it is definitely the most common car in my area. I've seen only 1 black fit (several toyota matrixs but those I'm not too interested in) and probably about 20 silver fit.. You guys are giving out some really great suggestions. Although I won't have the time to wash my fit every week, I'm hoping that if I do get black, the weather here will remedy that problem a little bit.

Originally Posted by skittles
After seeing this car on the forums I wanted black but 3 cars ago i had a honda accord in black and it just wanted cry when the light hit it. If you have the time then go for black but if not get the SSM.

Sickest black fit on the forums

Old 01-30-2008, 11:47 PM
Originally Posted by kenchan
the silver on the Fit's are nice and dark. it's not the cheap looking
silvers that the last gen civic's used. the silver almost matches the
silver on my G35C.

it's a nice rich and deep color.

black is nice too, but i already have a black car... and it has been a
biotch to keep clean.
The silver is like a gunmetal. It reminds me of the Subaru "Crystal Grey Metallic" Goes well with the stock wheels and stock tail lights.

Old 01-31-2008, 12:24 AM
5 Year Member
I've got a NHBP. It's garaged at home and at work and I'm still washing it at least every 1.5 - 2 weeks. Any amount of dust/dirt and you'll see it against the black paint. But like you said in your original post, it all comes down to preference. My preference is black. I've only owned/leased black cars.

Old 01-31-2008, 01:42 AM
5 Year Member
NBP FTMFW! Derr!