General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Another strange color on a Jazz; Green

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 03:05 AM
5 Year Member
Another strange color on a Jazz; Green

I was just browsing a site with car for sales and found this:

And I also found another Black Amethyst Pearl like mine. And that confirmed the rumors of the second BAP colored Jazz in Norway. This one arrived some month after I got mine in february 2007. This one does not have the sport styling added as I have.

Old 01-26-2008, 04:35 AM
s0x
5 Year Member
ewwww

ewwww its green lol yours is still the sexiest jazz in norway!

Old 01-26-2008, 04:43 AM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
damn, for some odd reason, i really like that color. probably cause i have a soft spot for any car in british racing green. (dont think this is brit racing green though)

Old 01-26-2008, 06:18 AM
5 Year Member
i dunno i think any dark green color belongs only on a jaguar...but for some reason it still looks nice on this fit...big ups on the find...i would like to see a matte black fit, i would do it to my fit, but for some reason matte black is really expensive

Old 01-26-2008, 07:08 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by F0NIX
I was just browsing a site with car for sales and found this:

And I also found another Black Amethyst Pearl like mine. And that confirmed the rumors of the second BAP colored Jazz in Norway. This one arrived some month after I got mine in february 2007. This one does not have the sport styling added as I have.
This colour is Clover Green Pearl. It was offered in here the UK for 2002 and 2003 models. It was deleted in early 2004 when Storm Silver and Vivd Blue Pearl were introduced.

Old 01-26-2008, 09:13 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by terryb
This colour is Clover Green Pearl. It was offered in here the UK for 2002 and 2003 models. It was deleted in early 2004 when Storm Silver and Vivd Blue Pearl were introduced.
Thanx for the update on the name on that color!
There are so many diffrent colors on the Jazz that comes and goes. I have seen one light pink metalic colored car in the south of Norway. I have to take a picture of it next time I am at that place (Drammen).

Here is a list of the colors I've seen so far on a Jazz;
Black Amethyst Pearl (the best), Nighthawk Black Pearl, Taffeta White, Blaze Orange Metallic, Storm Silver Metallic (the most common color), Alabaster Silver Metallic, Sparcle Grey Metallic, Sirius Blue Metallic, Milano Red, and I think this is Chiffon Green Metallic but I'm not sure.

There is also a Helios Yellow Metallic, but I have not seen a Jazz with that color yet, but there was a Jazz in Sweeden that had a bright and sharp Yellow color, not metallic or pearl. But that could have been painted after they had bought the car...

Old 01-26-2008, 10:42 AM
5 Year Member
ewww not feeling the color on the Jazz at all. Ithink that shade of green only looks good on high end luxury cars.

Old 01-26-2008, 11:14 AM
Retired Moderator
Yeah im not really feelin that color on a Jazz..Looks like more of a track color..

Tyler

Old 01-26-2008, 11:36 AM
5 Year Member
pure sexy. i love green. if there was a green fit like that in the state i would have boughten it.

green goes really well with different color rims.(white,gold,Black with red lip,silver). i dont know ive always been a fan of green for some reason. well and it doesnt really attract cops, its kinda of a subtle color

Old 01-26-2008, 01:26 PM
I acutally kinda like it. It's way better than Guacamole Green on the Element! It's the Greenest jazz I"ve seen ever.

Old 01-26-2008, 02:57 PM
Originally Posted by kelsodeez
damn, for some odd reason, i really like that color. probably cause i have a soft spot for any car in british racing green. (dont think this is brit racing green though)
DITTO!^^^
BRG is one of my faves...this aint it but I still love it

this Fit is pretty close to the color I would love for a classic mini! yeah!!!
...and I shall call it luxury BRG! hahaaa

Last edited by Snap Fit; 01-26-2008 at 03:01 PM. Reason: because I figured "hey" why not...everybody is doin it....doin the "edit" that is!!!
Old 01-26-2008, 02:59 PM
Originally Posted by jeimusu86
i dunno i think any dark green color belongs only on a jaguar...but for some reason it still looks nice on this fit...big ups on the find...i would like to see a matte black fit, i would do it to my fit, but for some reason matte black is really expensive
+1 on wanting to see a matte black fit...

Old 01-26-2008, 03:19 PM
5 Year Member
I love that dark green shade ever since the mk4 supra was offered with that color.

Old 01-26-2008, 03:33 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
looks good on the supra, but on a fit, it looks like some corporate car...
or a golf course hotdog cart or something.

Old 01-26-2008, 04:59 PM
I like the green. it is an interesting color for the fit.

Old 01-26-2008, 05:17 PM
i like it , reminds of my friends s14 color - forest green i thnk

Old 01-27-2008, 07:27 AM
5 Year Member
I think it looks good on that non-Sport Jazz. It might look good on a Sport, too, but I'd have to see it.
And it's true, it would be a lot less eye-catching to cops. Not that a Fit / Jazz is a fast car or a sportscar, in the first place. We just wish.

Old 01-27-2008, 12:13 PM
5 Year Member
I like it too. I think some kind of tan accent would be cool - I like the British racing green/tan combo.

Old 01-27-2008, 12:38 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
I think this is the green that people were talking about. Its offered in Mexico.
I think its nice.

Old 01-27-2008, 11:25 PM
5 Year Member
I did a little research and it looks like green is making a comeback. Fashion always cycles and I found an article in Forbes about car colors.

A Bold and Bright Future for Car Colors
After years of low-key silvers, whites and grays dominating the market, vibrant colors and glitzy finishes are on the upswing.

by Stephen Treffinger
ForbesAutos.com
Published on 05/23/2007

Slideshow:
Car Color Trends

Chris Webb, GM's head of color development, says silver’s popularity will level off and other neutral colors with glammed-up finishes will flourish.

view slideshow >

The color of your next car may come from the makeup counter. Bolder colors and glitzy paint finishes are on the rise in the auto market and promise to offset staid shades of black, gray, silver and white that dominate the roads.
Color trends that affect every conceivable consumable — cars, purses, shoes, cell phones, lamps, linens, wallpaper — can often be traced back to only a handful of hue gurus. Li Edelkoort is one of them. Her ability to accurately predict color trends has given her cult status in the fashion and design industries. She runs the Trend Union, which provides color forecasting guides two years in advance of the seasons that cosmetic, fashion, interior and product designers work toward.
Edelkoort’s reports are bold juxtapositions, and the connection between her inspiration and a future trend often seem esoteric. In one of her current publications, for instance, a close-cropped photo of an eye with mascara-loaded lashes points to the auto world: an idea of outlined features and more outspoken trims, shown as an off-white car interior with heavily contrasting stitching.
One Trend Union report, the new twice-yearly Colour Tool, includes a section specific to the automotive world. “The idea is to show designers in all fields how different industries use color in inspiring ways,” says Edelkoort, who has worked with Citroen, Jaguar, Nissan, Renault and Volkswagen, although not only on color.
Another of the elite few color experts is Chris Webb, who heads color development at General Motors’ 11 design studios globally. “In selling cars, color has never been more important,” he says. In fact, 39 percent of consumers will go to another brand if the color they want isn’t available. A decade ago, that figure stood at 27 percent.

The life of a hot new fashion color may be a matter of months in some cases, but car colors can last for years. High development costs, which Webb puts at roughly $250,000 per color, and rigorous testing, often lasting more than two years, create immense pressure for color studios to get the right colors on the right products.
The auto world’s color experts formulate new hues and hunt for trends years in advance; they draw inspiration from streetwear fashion to cell phones. GM’s studios have already formulated exterior colors for the 2009 model year and are currently putting the finishing touches on 2010. DuPont, one of the leading providers of automotive finishes, is currently hashing out its 2011 colors.
Silver is Stabilizing

Mercedes CL65 AMG 40th Anniversary edition

view slideshow >

The most popular color currently on the market is silver, which appears in some variation on at least one-fifth of all cars worldwide, according to DuPont. Silver’s popularity is stabilizing and more subtle grays are emerging in its place, says Karen Surcina, a DuPont color marketing and technology manager. “We see a lot of differentiation in silver at this point,” she says. Showier silver variants are also starting to appear, such as Alubeam, a high-tech, lustrous finish which recently made its debut on the 2007 Mercedes-Benz CL65 AMG 40th Anniversary edition. The metallic finish has a higher luster than a traditional silver finish because the paint pigment particles are much smaller. Though Alubeam is currently only available on this top-tier Mercedes, a similar finish may appear on the mass market in several years. “We’re looking into liquid-metal-like chromes as an alternative to silver,” Surcina says.
Greens are beginning to reappear after a downturn early in the decade, says GM’s Webb. “I believe this is partly due to the dominance of the leafy, midtone greens in the late '80s and early '90s, which left our customers with a dated image of that color family.” Webb says green will be widely available again on 2009 and 2010 models, and the hunter and forest greens popular in the '90s will be replaced with showier variants. GM has already unveiled a Savannah Green Metallic for its Saturn Vue and Ion, as well as Emerald Jewel Metallic, a modern-day version of classic British racing green, which will be seen on the Pontiac G6 and Solstice and Saturn Sky.
Blue has been a dominant color family in the 2000s, Webb says, and will continue to infiltrate other families — adding tints to silvers and grays, and enriching reds. While glitzy show cars may arrive in shimmering purple, they are not generally what the public wants, Webb says. “Trend colors will never penetrate the market, but they get you press coverage and magazine covers,” he says.

Looks like we will be seeing alot more green in the future. Honda UK offers the Jazz in light green called chiffon green metallic, the same color as shown below. Personally I am more fond of the dark shades. I think the BRG would look great with a bronze wheel.

Quick Reply: Another strange color on a Jazz; Green