General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Tire Debris On Fwy Knocked My Fog Light Loose Is This Covered Under Warrenty!?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 03:23 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Damn, $1,000 deducitable? You should pay a little extra for the premium and drop that down to at least $500....

Old 01-17-2008, 08:46 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Sorry to hear about your fog light - hate those tire gators! but like above great reason to change out the lip for a Mugen one!

Hope all goes well.

Cat :x

Old 01-17-2008, 10:10 PM
i got atacked by a road gator the other day too. i came onto the off ramp at ludicrus speed and it was all across the road so it was either hit it or try to swerve and prob end up rolling. now my front lip is loose and covered in black marks but atleast i didnt wreck. serves me right for going ludicrus speed on the highway i guess. haha. thats good you got it fixed and it didnt turn out to be a major wound. gotta love jbweld.

Old 01-17-2008, 10:12 PM
Retired Moderator
Bummer man!!^
Ludicrus speed as in 80+?

tyler

Old 01-17-2008, 10:22 PM
Ludicrus speed as in like coming down from triple digits. I just installed my fujita short ram so i wanted to see what if any gains i had. I was being dumb.

Old 01-17-2008, 10:36 PM
Retired Moderator
Lol wow. Good thing you didnt crash!

T

Old 01-17-2008, 10:42 PM
Awesome ! !

....is what I'd say if you swerved to avoid that flying tire slab.

I think tire schmack is considered an act of god. I feel your pain, bro.

nice job pulling it back together with j.b.weld. necessity is the mother of invention, fo sho.

e.b.

Old 01-17-2008, 10:50 PM
yea thats why im not all that mad that all it did was loosen the lip and a couple black marks. i just got lucky thats all it was and i didnt end up with a wrecked car and in the hospital. i dont drive that fast very often so dont get the wrong idea that im a boy racer. lol

Old 01-17-2008, 11:59 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by jdjohnson9
Ludicrus speed as in like coming down from triple digits. I just installed my fujita short ram so i wanted to see what if any gains i had. I was being dumb.
Was there any gains lol?

Tyler

Old 01-18-2008, 12:10 AM
all i gained was a brown spot in my pants from almost crashing and a loose lip with black marks on it. LMAO!!! maybe a little bit but i had all i could do to try to hear over the intake. that sucker is loud. it sounds like a freakin jet taking off at WOT. my radio cant even drown it out. but yea either way i was asking for trouble takin Ruby to ludicrus speed. sometimes it takes a close call like that to wake you up and realize your an idiot.

Old 01-18-2008, 01:33 AM
Former Vendor
luckily it didnt crack your light

Old 01-18-2008, 02:44 AM
Ritzbury
Originally Posted by claymore
NO...... and why should it be Honda did nothing wrong. Warranty is for Honda caused problems not road debris.
correct, but if it's a part that is expected to be thrashed on the road, it should have been built sturdier ("like a rock" if you don't mind a pun). a fog light man? it's not honda's fault for the road gator, but possibly in part due to a faulty part that should have been designed to withstand such a "calgary flames type beatdown"

haha. -1 for me from illusive . us hockey guys rule.

back on topic before claymore gets mad...

i say call honda and fight it, maybe they have a lot of fogs that break, i think it should have been built better.

Old 01-18-2008, 04:04 AM
s0x
5 Year Member
YEAH MUTHA FCKA! haha is what id be saying if i didnt already fix it myself hahah

Originally Posted by Ritzbury
correct, but if it's a part that is expected to be thrashed on the road, it should have been built sturdier ("like a rock" if you don't mind a pun). a fog light man? it's not honda's fault for the road gator, but possibly in part due to a faulty part that should have been designed to withstand such a "calgary flames type beatdown"

i say call honda and fight it, maybe they have a lot of fogs that break, i think it should have been built better.

Old 01-18-2008, 10:26 AM
Banned

Your cutie little post just shows your ignorance of the difference between a warranty problem and a road accident.

Old 01-18-2008, 12:23 PM
Ritzbury
Originally Posted by claymore
Your cutie little post just shows your ignorance of the difference between a warranty problem and a road accident.
if you would actually take the time to actually try to understand a post, instead of trying to see what to complain about, you would have seen what angle i was coming from.

but thanks for calling me a cutie, i'll take you to dinner sometime *smooches*

Old 01-18-2008, 12:30 PM
Retired Moderator

but thanks for calling me a cutie, i'll take you to dinner sometime *smooches*
LMFAO!

Sox-Did you ever get your light fixed?

Tyler

Old 01-18-2008, 01:05 PM
Retired Moderator

Oh it's ON NOW!