General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Very Bizarre Radio Glitch...TWILIGHT ZONE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 05:22 PM
Very Bizarre Radio Glitch...TWILIGHT ZONE!!!

So a few days ago when I was out and about my radio did a bit of an odd thing...

In the middle of driving (coming to a stop) my radio went straight to static. So I was thinking....hmmm...maybe just a weird interupted signal...no worries, thats why we have other presets. So I pushed another preset...but...that too was static. Hmmm...I thought maybe they share a station or maybe there is a twit close by messing with things.... so I tried another....and another...all the same! Except this one religous channel at the end of my presets. So I thought Hmmmmm is he trying to get my attention *while looking at the sky* HAHAAHAAA....except that channel was not one of my selected presets.....

Then when I got to my destination, I noticed that my presets had all been defaulted to the factory ones, with the exception of like one or two (one of which was that religious station)

I did not hit any buttons to make this happen. If I did it would have been the volume knob minutes earlier (but I even doubt that). And I looked up all the functions of the radio in the manual and could not find how to make the stations go back to factory defaults (with out unplugging the batt...even then you have to re-enter the code right?).

I am going to take it to the dealer for that and a couple tiny (ok not so tiny) other things.

Anybody with this prob/glitch? I did an exhaustive search...couldnt come up with anything like this from anyone else...
I will keep you all posted if I find the cause, or if I loose my sanity...(scratch that I mean "if I find my sanity")

i think this was the right place to post this....squeek...squeek...

Old 01-13-2008, 05:35 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
holly crap... literally. lol

Old 01-13-2008, 05:57 PM
5 Year Member
If you used the Auto scan feature to set your presets, the strongest stations in the area will be assigned a button. This is in ADDITION to the presets you assign manually. So if you didn't assign any stations yourself and only had the auto scan feature enabled the whole time, and the auto scan button was pressed, thus turning off the auto scan funtion, the original presets would be restored, thus the factory presets.
Does this make sense? I'm working from memory here, not actually looking up the proper names (is it called auto scan?) but that is one possibility that could explain your strange radio behaviour.

Old 01-13-2008, 06:12 PM
interesting...hmmm. Well I didin't touch anything...so...um...haahaa....
idunno....but...

I know I have never used the scan button...and its far away from where my hands would have actually been anyway. Same with the auto select button. But either way I dont even tune the stations, I just had all my preferences set a day after getting my car, I dont even think i have tuned the stations since then. And I was not listening to a c/d at the time.

*still looking up at the sky for an answer* HAHAAAAHAHAAAAA...
no really! what...is he like to buisy c'mon it should be a quick fix, I mean like an instant resolution/answer manifested ... Don't tell me he hasn't heard of the fit either

haaaahahahaahahaaaa....dont squish me...

Old 01-13-2008, 06:23 PM
Retired Moderator
Dude thats insane. Maybe its some kinda sign!!

Tyler

Old 01-13-2008, 06:30 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah it sure sounds like he hit the A.SCAN button, cause thats generally what the radio does...

Old 01-13-2008, 06:59 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
i wonder if the antenna fell off after going through a carwash...

Old 01-13-2008, 08:18 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Ohh my bob. Thats scary. Like a Final Destination thingie.

I didnt say God for a reason. Hahaha!

Old 01-13-2008, 08:33 PM
5 Year Member
I've had that happen once or twice on rainy days....the presets didn't change but all I could get was static until the later in the day, then it was fine.... couldn't take it in to be looked at when it 'fixed' itself.... thought it was an antenna problem, but it was still there....

Old 01-13-2008, 08:52 PM
5 Year Member
Exclamation Weird radio story.

Maybe it's an Aveo close by, messing up the harmonics of nature or something.

Once, when I was a little younger, I bought a Plymouth Horizon from a high school band director. Got a very good deal on a very boring car; even the color was tan. Had a luggage rack on top, and was just way less cool than I thought I was at the time. I was driving around on the way home that night from buying it, and was thinking I was glad to have found such a great deal, but also wishing I had been able to get a cooler car.

Suddenly, and without my touching any of the buttons, the radio changed stations on its own. A song was playing that I had never heard before.
I swear this is true: Out of the speakers came Right Said Fred, singing, "I'm too sexy for my car, too sexy for my car, too sexy by far..."

Now THAT was a sign.

Totally, 100% true.

Old 01-13-2008, 09:36 PM
Originally Posted by RichXKU
Yeah it sure sounds like he hit the A.SCAN button, cause thats generally what the radio does...
HAAahahaaa.... thats not good if the scan button generally annihilates the presets on a car!
But seriously though as I had mentioned I didnt touch anything, but had I touched something it would have been the volume knob/button. which although not on the other side of the hemisphere is a bit away from the upper right display.

it was funny in my head...anyway...

Old 01-13-2008, 09:42 PM
[quote=Steeldog;220528]Maybe it's an Aveo close by, messing up the harmonics of nature or something. quote]

This is a possibility...however I would think since the problem has neither been rectified nor stopped I believe (I think its just messing with me now ) the Aveo would have to be like wedged between my exhaust and bumper to continue to cause issues (and I see no Aveo stuck in there, usually I notice crap that gets stuck there. Since no one in my neighborhood is silly enough to buy an Aveo it can't be one thats nearby.

Old 01-13-2008, 09:46 PM
Originally Posted by kenchan
i wonder if the antenna fell off after going through a carwash...
Well..........maybe....but I never wash my vehicles....I dig the desert cammo/fatigue's look no... not really...cant back that one up...

Old 01-13-2008, 10:31 PM
J_L
5 Year Member
Did the clock reset?

Old 01-13-2008, 10:37 PM
Originally Posted by J_L
Did the clock reset?
nope!....yeah thats what I checked right away too!....but had this been the case I am pretty sure i would have been in some trouble (as I was actually driving at the time) or would have had to put in the anti theft number thingy..

Oh and my aerial is still attached ppl... haahaaa

Old 01-13-2008, 10:59 PM
My Lips Bigger!
5 Year Member
aliens...?

Old 01-13-2008, 11:30 PM
J_L
5 Year Member
Well, the clock not reseting means it's internal to the tuner( I forgot about the anti-theft number)...If it keeps up you will have an excuse to get a double DIN nav unit

Old 01-14-2008, 12:42 AM
Originally Posted by billmus86
aliens...?
hmmm.... cuckoo

Old 01-14-2008, 12:49 AM
Originally Posted by J_L
Well, the clock not reseting means it's internal to the tuner( I forgot about the anti-theft number)...If it keeps up you will have an excuse to get a double DIN nav unit
uhhh....DIN?
A)Drive It Now?
B)Divine Intervention Nearing?
C)Doesn't Illuminate Now?
D)Do It Now?...couple it with the previous "double" and it means PRONTO!!! TIMES A WASTING...
E)Done If the Nubbuve....ooops I mean none of the above... i got carried away....

Old 01-14-2008, 01:21 AM
J_L
5 Year Member
This is your fit on single DIN... with a scangauge in the second DIN slot. (credits to Crawly)

This is your fit on double DIN... (credits to timster)

Any questions?

Quick Reply: Very Bizarre Radio Glitch...TWILIGHT ZONE!!!