General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

passenger window issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 04:46 AM
5 Year Member
passenger window issue

so i took a road trip to TX (about 600 miles), and my wife noticed a lot of road noise from her side... granted, the fit isn't the queitest car. I have a supa sucka intake, tanabe touring, and dc headers. I lowered the radio and sure enough, sounded like the window was open. She made sure her door wasn't cracked open a bit and then told me that there was a small gap between the door and the frame at the highest corner of the passenger door! She even stuck a skittles wrapper through it to prove it to me! she then grabbed the door frame (the colored part visible from inside the car) and pull it towards her and the high wind noise stopped! I just need other fit owners to please keep an eye on this and see if it is happening to you guys. We just noticed it, maybe cuz its only really noticable at higher speeds (60 mph+). Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Old 01-09-2008, 04:55 AM
5 Year Member
Obviously, that isn't right. Has it been tugged-on or bumped while the door was open? Or maybe rolled back against something with the door open? If not, I would take it to my dealer. If you think you might have done the damage, take it to a body shop.

This is a problem that a lot of cars get, and usually it's due to someone tugging or leaning too hard on the window frame while the door is open. We may have a body man on here who can tell you more specifically. Good luck!

Old 01-09-2008, 08:46 AM
5 Year Member
the car has never been hit... the leaning on the door thing makes the most sense, although i dont ever remember doing it... i'm going to try to 'lean' the other way on it, and if that doesn't work, i'll go back to the dealer i guess. thanks

Old 01-09-2008, 10:33 AM
Retired Moderator
Im having trouble visualizing the problem, the door was not lined up and there was a crack letting air in?

Tyler

Old 01-09-2008, 03:24 PM
5 Year Member
I had the same problem with my Celebrity 2-door. Because the door is much longer one tends to grab the top with one hand.

When I looked at the Fit's front hinge I cringed at how light they seemed.

My brand new Citation had to be fixed when I picked it up. The body shop mech. rolled a shop coat up and jammed it into the btm. front of the door and closed the door a few times on the coat to adjust the door. LOL

Old 01-10-2008, 03:14 AM
5 Year Member
i know its hard to visualize, i should take a picture... but it is literally how it sounds... there is a gap in the top corner of the door between the door and the frame!

Old 01-10-2008, 10:39 AM
Banned
Common problem. CAREFULLY after you have rolled the window DOWN grab the open door with one hand and push in on the spot where it isn't touching.

Depending on how strong you are it may only take one shove. But remember it doesn't take much to bend stuff on the fit. Take a piece of paper and cut it down to about a 1 inch wide strip and put the strip of paper over the rubber weatherstrip and close the door and see if it is loose or the door frame holds it in tight. WATCHING ALL THE TIME carefully roll the window up MAKING SURE IT'S COMING UP IN THE TRACK, if it's not quickly run the window back down again.

But it's a new car and if you don't feel comfortable DIY just take it back to the dealer.