General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Do you like the Sport body kit?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 12:11 AM
I didn't notice the car until I saw a sport version on the freeway. It was only a matter of days until I bought one after that. While the base version looks fine, it looks like every other economy car out there imo. The sport sets it out without looking over the top. My .02..

mg

Old 02-15-2008, 05:31 PM
5 Year Member
i just wanted the ipod jack and fog lights. the res tof the sport package came free =).. btw they should have made the sport some what fatser than base..

Old 04-26-2008, 10:49 AM
5 Year Member
I'm not really into the Sport body kit, bought the Sport for other reasons. I'd like to take the lower trim and spoiler off. Can someone provide tips on how to deal with the holes so it looks like it came from the factory that way and doesn't let water into any parts?

Old 04-26-2008, 08:17 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up Sport vs. Base

There is no way that I would have bought the base Fit. It just did not have the proper "look" for me. I considered a Civic, but again, only the Si lit my fire, until I discovered that it required premium fuel! Aside from the fact that it always costs more to add desired options, after LOTS of research, the Fit proved to be the best deal for me. I am an atypical "older" owner, but I like my cars to look cool in an understated way. The Fit's eye candy is just right!
'07 VBP Sport 5MT w/ minor comfort & appearance mods!

BTW: I recommended the Sport to two coworkers, one younger, & one my age (w/ women you don't go there!), both bought; one MT, one AT! The woman said they convinced her to drive a Civic, and she felt nothing, she came back from driving the Fit w/ a big grin plastered across her face!!

Old 04-26-2008, 09:15 PM
woo hoo I bought the base and I love it, saved the money and bought some kai emo's and tein springs, the only things else I want for looks is a spoon spoiler and a front mount intercooler
base ftw

Old 04-26-2008, 10:09 PM
i like the sport kit but i went with the base and i love the clean styling of my car..but i will be getting a kit later on

Old 04-26-2008, 10:27 PM
moc
Originally Posted by gar1013
Just curious as to who likes/doesn't like the Sport's body kit.
Looks like I'm in a minority here, but I much prefer the look of the base. That's just me though, not a value judgement.

I like the features that come with the Sport, but not the body. I would actually consider buying a Sport and taking off the body mods if that's easy enough to do. Anyone know how the side undercarriage doo-hickeys are held on (how lame am I, what are those things called?)?

I was inches away from buying a base this week but decided to hold out for the '09 in the fall. I'll probably end up with a Sport if I can de-mod the trim.

(For the record, I'm 40. I think the non-Sport aspect comes less from my age and more from the fact that I grew up with VW bugs - the non-sportiest of non-sporty cars... but oh how I loved them.)

*moc

Old 04-26-2008, 10:59 PM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
fit base looks bland without the lips and spoiler
it NEEDS it.

Old 04-27-2008, 05:37 AM
i LOVE the way it looks and its STOCK!! but i'm gonna removed my wing when i buy mine

Old 04-27-2008, 05:57 PM
5 Year Member
I've seen probably 30 Fits driving around SoCal since I bought my Base and all but one I've seen were Sports.

I think the Sport is an amazing deal. I'd love cruise control and the built-in aux jack... the 40 extra watts on the stereo.. fog lights and alloy wheels.

I had an odd reason to not really consider the Sport. I'm vegetarian also kind of wanted the cheapest car I could get.

As great as the deal is on a Sport, the Base model struck me as also a LOT for the money, and for me that combined with not wanting a leather steering wheel I didn't really consider the Sport.

I do agree that the Base looks a little... cute. I think the wheels are a huge factor. I'm thinking I will get the mud flaps eventually and that will make it look a little nicer (particularly on the NHBP Base.)

The big sacrifice for me was Cruise Control. I can add it for ~$350 later on, but it will never be as clean as stock. The aux jack I plan on ordering OEM and installing myself.

EDIT: Forgot about the Paddle Shifters. Damn those would be nice.

Old 05-05-2008, 02:43 AM
love the body. the base looks more like a yaris

Old 05-06-2008, 06:59 PM
I originally intended to buy the base model with a manual transmission but the only one the dealer had was blue. No offense to blue car lovers, I'm an earth tone kind of guy. So I drove the Sport and liked it enough to buy even though it was AT. I love it. As far as the trim, I like it and I'm a way old fart. I like the lower lip because it will protect from stone chips to some extent. BTW, to whoever said the Fit Sport trim was inappropriate for a small car ought to drive one on the freeway. I have to set the cruise or I'm 80+ before I know it.