General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Do you like the Sport body kit?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 09:14 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by RubyQQ1211
Here are some pictures of my car with the lips taken out. IMO, with fog lights, alloy wheels, and a spoiler, the car doesn't look that bad without the lips.

Thanks for the pics RubyQ. I've always wanted to see what my base Fit would look like with a spoiler. It's not bad looking at all.

Old 02-01-2008, 09:20 PM
Retired Moderator
Im actually thinking about taking my sport spoiler off for a bit just to see what it looks like. Im usually not a spoiler fan at all, but i think the Sport one looks good on this car. Sometime when im bored ill take it off just to see..

Tyler

Old 02-01-2008, 09:27 PM
5 Year Member
I love the Fit with the sport body kit but spoiler removed. I've had my spoiler off a few times when cleaning the rear window and it looks pretty good.

HOWEVER, the 4 large holes on the roof look really bad.

Old 02-02-2008, 12:46 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by gar1013
What's to not get? I like a car with crisp clean lines that doesn't look like the owner doesn't realize that a rear spoiler on a FWD car doesn't make any sense whatsoever!
It is ok that you like the lines of the car better without spoilers and styling. But to say it doesn't make any sense that someone else does like it better with the styling is the same as saying that only you have it correct
It is that point we dont get...

I am pretty sure that everyone knows that the color of the car has nothing to do with how much fuel it uses or how fast you can drive from point A to point B. I dont think the color of the seat or the interior has something to add to this either. So then we will be back to Mr. Henry Ford that said "you could get the car in any color you like as long as it was black"

But some people around the world like more edges and sporty lines on a car and that has nothing to do if this is a FWD car or not, or if it actually does anything to the performance of the car.

Old 02-02-2008, 01:00 AM
black cars with black interiors I believe use up more gas on average...
say compared to a white car with tan seats? (DAMN SUN! it must have
stock in the A/C manufacturers)

...and indeed I believe aesthetics many times make no sense to a great
deal of people, its a good thing these are not the artists of the world
BOOOOOYAAAAA with a capital - and ly stickers! hahahaa
geee if i could only bottle my funnyness I could sell it like crack to all the________

*hint...hint... fill in with humorless*

Old 02-02-2008, 08:32 AM
5 Year Member
What's to not get? I like a car with crisp clean lines that doesn't look like the owner doesn't realize that a rear spoiler on a FWD car doesn't make any sense whatsoever!
No spoiler on any car doesn't make sense unless it sees track time. Most spoilers don't even provide downforce until around 80mph. Even then a FWD drive car will see the same benefits as a RWD car. It keeps the car planted on the track not give traction for a RWD car, that's just a misconception. So if this is the case, the spoiler on the Fit makes as much sense as any production car with a spoiler from the factory (aside from cars that will actually go fast enough to use them), in that it's purely aesthetic.

Old 02-02-2008, 10:01 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TOOL
Im actually thinking about taking my sport spoiler off for a bit just to see what it looks like. Im usually not a spoiler fan at all, but i think the Sport one looks good on this car. Sometime when im bored ill take it off just to see..

Tyler
if you want to sell your OEM spoiler, let me know

I really like the sport body kit, my fiance's milano red sport looks great! but i personally wanted to go a different route with my nighthawk black pearl fit so i decided to get the base model and save the $1350 difference in price and put it towards aftermarket parts.
right now i'm leaning towards the mugen lip kit and wing (like in my avatar).

Old 02-02-2008, 06:57 PM
Originally Posted by Arisenfury
No spoiler on any car doesn't make sense unless it sees track time. Most spoilers don't even provide downforce until around 80mph. Even then a FWD drive car will see the same benefits as a RWD car. It keeps the car planted on the track not give traction for a RWD car, that's just a misconception. So if this is the case, the spoiler on the Fit makes as much sense as any production car with a spoiler from the factory (aside from cars that will actually go fast enough to use them), in that it's purely aesthetic.
You're not entirely correct.

A rear spoiler increases drag, and increases rear downforce. Unless you have a front spoiler that is providing MORE downforce, you're netting out with less downforce on your drive wheels, which also happen to be the wheels that you use to control your direction.

Front spoilers are actually much more useful in almost all cars. That's because you can always make due with a bit more downforce over your front wheel.

If you want a recipe for disaster, take a rear-engine, rear wheel drive car such as a 911 and put a rear spoiler on...but with no front spoiler. I've seen the downforce numbers for various configurations, and at the end of the day, give me a front spoiler, but I'll gladly forego a rear spoiler if need be.

Most rear spoilers serve little to no purpose. This is doubly so on a FWD car with less than 110hp.

There is only ONE car that's a FWD car that benefits from a rear spoiler. That car is the Audi TT. The reason is, that they discovered it wasn't stable at Autobahn speeds without it. This was not discovered before the release of the car, as I understand it.

Old 02-02-2008, 11:34 PM
Just curious as to who likes/doesn't like the Sport's body kit.

My $0.02 is that it makes the car look a bit juvenile -- that is, a FWD car with a little more than 100hp doesn't need a spoiler and associated trim pieces. In contrast, when the body kit isn't there, you have nice clean lines and you can appreciate the styling much more. Also, there is the issue of the reduced ground clearance...
Amen to that. I'm a 57 year old in search of an inexpensive, reliable car that gets good gas mileage. I'm not interested in looking like a middle-aged Fast and the Furious wannabe, but do want to get cruise control on my Fit........

Old 02-03-2008, 01:56 AM
Originally Posted by jrporter
Amen to that. I'm a 57 year old in search of an inexpensive, reliable car that gets good gas mileage. I'm not interested in looking like a middle-aged Fast and the Furious wannabe, but do want to get cruise control on my Fit........
Awsome then you should definately get a Fit then.

Old 02-03-2008, 02:10 AM
tin
5 Year Member
The first time I saw the fit in the dealership I didn't really like it, but turns out it was the base and the next time I visited they had a sport and I thought it looked much better.

I'm not into the whole modding thing, but I like the fact that I look like I am with the sport. Plus, the back lip kind of hides the muffler, doesn't look like it's just hanging there. My sister once mentioned something about a cheap Fast and the Furious wannabe...

Old 02-03-2008, 03:18 AM
im not into the whole car body kit thing, but i like the sports kit a lot. it definitely makes the fit look a lot better from the base model

Old 02-03-2008, 02:30 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TOOL

Tyler

FYI I'm leaving it off, sealed off the holes today if anyone's interested I can show how I did it.

Old 02-03-2008, 04:23 PM
I too bought the sport because of the added features, and the fact that I liked the sport look better. I didn't even want to consider a Fit at first because I thought they looked exactly like a mini mini-van. YUCK. I didn't want to be a "somebody's mom" (even though I am). I'm glad to hear there are older people than me here - I'm 52, and unlike Cat who thought she was getting out of a low car, the Fit felt comfortably high to me compared to my Acura Legend which was really low. Sob.....I miss my Legend. Anyway, it's awesome that everyone is so passionate about their Fits, and despite that mine will never be significantly modded, it's great fun seeing what everybody else does. Age doesn't matter. It's what you feel inside. (Hopefully I'll still feel that way when I'm in a wheelchair and crapping in a diaper)
Just shoot me.

Old 02-03-2008, 04:32 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Squirrely
I too bought the sport because of the added features, and the fact that I liked the sport look better. I didn't even want to consider a Fit at first because I thought they looked exactly like a mini mini-van. YUCK. I didn't want to be a "somebody's mom" (even though I am). I'm glad to hear there are older people than me here - I'm 52, and unlike Cat who thought she was getting out of a low car, the Fit felt comfortably high to me compared to my Acura Legend which was really low. Sob.....I miss my Legend. Anyway, it's awesome that everyone is so passionate about their Fits, and despite that mine will never be significantly modded, it's great fun seeing what everybody else does. Age doesn't matter. It's what you feel inside. (Hopefully I'll still feel that way when I'm in a wheelchair and crapping in a diaper)
Just shoot me.

I love my Legend but I am looking into getting a fit. Crappy gas mileage + no air conditioning are the pushing factors. Were you a member of acura-legend.com ? Coupe or sedan? Glad to see another (former) Legend owner on here.

Old 02-03-2008, 04:48 PM
Originally Posted by LegendLover
I love my Legend but I am looking into getting a fit. Crappy gas mileage + no air conditioning are the pushing factors. Were you a member of acura-legend.com ? Coupe or sedan? Glad to see another (former) Legend owner on here.
Yes! I was on that forum, albeit VERY briefly when I needed answers to a speedometer problem, and then a smoking problem!! I had a '94 sedan GS. Beautiful car! It was a very sad day when I sold it. There's never been another car that I thought was as beautiful. So going into the Fit was an adjustment. In fact, one thing I really wish the Fit had is a telescoping steering wheel. My shoulders bother me a lot due to my job and having to hold my arms up for any length of time doesn't feel very good. The Legend easily adjusted to perfect ergonomics. I had a friend that had an NSX - so I got to experience that little gem also. Do you still have a Legend?

Old 02-03-2008, 05:00 PM
5 Year Member
Yep, you can see it here. I actually just posted these pictures right after I replied to your post.

I know what you mean about the telescoping steering wheel. I have driven a Fit twice, both times for about 20 mins. I didn't have any problems then, but it might be a problem for longer trips. Sorry for your loss of the Legend. Smoking from BHG?

Last edited by Craiggers; 02-03-2008 at 05:03 PM.
Old 02-03-2008, 09:05 PM
Originally Posted by Arisenfury

FYI I'm leaving it off, sealed off the holes today if anyone's interested I can show how I did it.
yaknow I kinda like it....(and here is the big but coming up...get it)...BUT.....
it makes the already large (USDM) bumper look even bigger....eeeeek

I LOVE THE WHEELS BTW!!!!!!!! AWSOME!!!!!

Last edited by Snap Fit; 02-03-2008 at 09:06 PM. Reason: Because I like to do things the hard way!.....Thank you "Edit" button!
Old 02-03-2008, 09:21 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks =)

I actually didn't notice how much it made the bumper stick out until now lol. In some angles it doesn't stand out so bad but that rear 3/4 shot and the side profile really do.

Maybe I'll just get a JDM bumper lol.

Old 02-14-2008, 09:32 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooo !

Quick Reply: Do you like the Sport body kit?