General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Do you like the Sport body kit?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 03:43 PM
5 Year Member
only thing i dont like on the fit body kit is the rear lip..

Its like they had an excess of front lips, and decided to cut part of it off and glue it to the back.

other then that, add a spoon spoiler and i think the car looks hawt =)

Old 01-10-2008, 02:56 AM
5 Year Member
i wanted the base merely on price difference until i saw the sport in person and test drove it. i think the kit gives it character.

Old 01-10-2008, 04:13 AM
the kit looks good and gives character but the rear is pretty damn boring. when i saw both the s and base side by side it was a no brainer to get the s.

Old 01-10-2008, 09:52 PM
Originally Posted by pastafarian
the base looks too hate to say it, aveo-ish. The Sport clearly shows the superiority (over the aveo), and looks more japenese, where the aveo looks like an american rip off of the japenese beauty.
Imitation = flattery.
The Chevy Aveo was designed by Daewoo, a Korean company.

I think the body kit gives the Sport a subtly different look. I do not think the general public (not Honda enthusiasts) would notice this small detail. That said, I do not like the body kit.

I hate even more that Honda designed the bottom of the base so that it looks unfinished without the kit--almost insisting that the body kit belongs there. Spoon's Fit is correctly designed in this area. I really believe in function > form, but am about to contradict myself....

...I think the base's hideous hubcaps makes the car look cheap, more so than the lack of a body kit.

Old 01-10-2008, 10:45 PM
I agree Blaw, I have a base Fit because of the price difference with the intention of buying new wheels as soon as possible. I actually just took off the hubcaps, it doesn't make the car look any better, but I just didn't like the look of those tiny silver hubcaps clashing with my 15% window tint.

Old 01-11-2008, 12:32 AM
5 Year Member
Well I just go slow in an area with speed bumps until I know the area and to be honest I have come in fast once or twice with no problems. When I come home I enter my driveway at an angle and so far all ok. Leaving in the morning I go straight down it and I was really worried about that yet still no problems. My advice is to creep into your driveway that way you can stop before you do any damage.

And yea you are right on the money about the fit being like cars from the past. I was hoping the fit would remind me of my first car, an early 80's corrola wagon and sure enough it does ..not exactly but close enough to remember when driving was fun.
Originally Posted by eldaino
interesting...i've scraped plenty of times driving carefully, but i've encountered some steep driveways too so what can i do?

i was thinking a little about the comment the o.g. poster made with regards to younger folks who are into the sport compact scene preferring the kit.

Personally, any 30 or 40 something should appreciate it to as they were around our age when honda was just killing it with some of their best sport compacts in the late 80's to late 90's.

Honda hadn't given us a lightweight tossable hatch since the late 90's...its no suprise that when the fit got here everyone who was a honda sport compact fan jumped on it. the fit is destined to go down in history as the next eg! well, maybe not that, but what it lacks in interchangable parts, it makes up for in functionality and a great interior.

Old 01-15-2008, 11:16 AM
We ended with the Sport for the interior options like Cruise control & the aux port, not because of the exterior. When you buy a car 7 hours from home, this is what happens. I like how the car looks, but we've talked about pulling the rear spoiler so that our old bike rack will fit.

Old 01-15-2008, 11:37 AM
I don't really like or dislike the spoiler. I wouldn't remove it if I had something to replace it with.

Old 01-18-2008, 12:05 AM
I got a base model FIT its aiit. to me the sport is clean looking yes but to basic looking to me. I got the base model because I wanted to get my own looks with different bodykits or lips out there. I have never gone stock with my civic and crx so my FIT ima do the same just stay away from stock and get something better. my opinion. base is for people like me that want to change it up later. and sport is for those thinking sport is the shit but it isn't really. just cruise, rims, lip, wing, 6 speakers, and whatever else they have but basically everything is much the same if you think about it and yeah the base is lighter then sport not but much but heys if you wanna go faster base kicks its ass heheh I raced one against the sport.

Old 01-18-2008, 12:09 AM
i like the sport lip kit alott. the sport kit makes the fit look very sporty. i've seen some base model fits and they don't look as good as the sport edititon.

Old 01-18-2008, 11:07 AM
5 Year Member
sport FTW!!!!

Old 01-18-2008, 12:04 PM
5 Year Member
I like the S over the base. Mostly because cruse was a must have and keyless was a close second, the upgraded sound system with AUX input was nice to. I could have gone aftermarket for just those three things and saved some money but I will admit I think the S package makes the car look better. Seeing as it would have cost me a few C notes to get all the aftermarket upgrades I wanted and I liked the body enough that it was worth the extra just to get the sport and not have to deal with aftermarket installation plus those options would be covered under factory warrantee. If the S was split into to separate convenience and appearance packages I would have just got the extra features and passed on the body. Although if the fit S bodywork was as blingy as the Toyota Celica Action Package I would have passed on the S and done the other upgrades via aftermarket options. The S bodywork has more natural looking lines and not like it was done by some high school kid trying to impress the neighborhood slut enough to spread her legs.

Old 01-18-2008, 12:12 PM
5 Year Member
Here are some pictures of my car with the lips taken out. IMO, with fog lights, alloy wheels, and a spoiler, the car doesn't look that bad without the lips.

Old 01-18-2008, 08:38 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
I just wreaked your theory about younger people liking the spoiler and body kit. I am 51 years old and purchased the Sport Fit for the way it looked and how I felt like I was crawling out of a sports car because it was so low to the ground. Now I may regret this part of it if I have the car in the next 10 years and you see a 61 year old lady with gray hair getting out of her Mugen themed Honda Fit! I may need a walker to get out of the thing! By that time I will probably be ready to trade it in for the Mugen Civic SI -LOL!!! Naw! Just kidding will be ready for the Honda Accord most likely- yawn I think the body kit just makes it look clean and makes it stand out from anything else rolling down the highway.

Cat :x

Last edited by Cat; 01-18-2008 at 08:56 PM.
Old 02-01-2008, 10:32 AM
5 Year Member
"yeah the base is lighter then sport not but much but heys if you wanna go faster base kicks its ass" F-it!!! I'm with you bro. I've got plans for the Fit in future also.

Last edited by 1LegitFit; 02-01-2008 at 04:19 PM.
Old 02-01-2008, 11:58 AM
5 Year Member
I think the Fit looks kind of naked without the sport kit. Lines are TOO simple, plus not having the body kit accentuates the 4WD look.

Old 02-01-2008, 06:49 PM
5 Year Member
ssportssss kit, my presssshiousssss! we likes it yessss we dooo

Old 02-01-2008, 07:41 PM
Cat: you are a mere child this 79 year old prefers the Fit sport for many reasons.have added center armrest and interior and exterior trim.This car is more like what most american drivers should be in.Decent aroun town (30) mpg and highway (38) mpg.Plus great fun to drive.Looks are in the eyes of beholder but fit sport is great package.
Mack

Old 02-01-2008, 08:35 PM
The sport lip made a decent plow for getting through the snow this morning.

Old 02-01-2008, 08:57 PM
Wow, I have respect for you older people here. Seems like most older people are talking bad about the little Mugenized Hondas. But you are over here making your car in to a work of art. I really hope I still have my love of cars when I'm old enough to afford them better :P

Quick Reply: Do you like the Sport body kit?