General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Do you like the Sport body kit?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 07:37 PM
5 Year Member
Prefer the base looks (athough I may get a factory spoiler for grins), but the sport option package is pretty darn good

Old 01-08-2008, 08:22 PM
My Lips Bigger!
5 Year Member
i dont like being able to see the "crimps" along the bottom edges on the sides of the car.. it looks like something fell off... also i think the back top edge is too rounded without the spoiler, like someone took an eraser so the original drawings.
i would not be as happy with the base trim. i "fought" to get the sport

and not that it matters with regards to this topic (imo) - but im 21

Old 01-08-2008, 08:22 PM
Originally Posted by gar1013
Just curious as to who likes/doesn't like the Sport's body kit.

My $0.02 is that it makes the car look a bit juvenile -- that is, a FWD car with a little more than 100hp doesn't need a spoiler and associated trim pieces. In contrast, when the body kit isn't there, you have nice clean lines and you can appreciate the styling much more. Also, there is the issue of the reduced ground clearance...

hmmm this is the second post that i have noticed you start....the first one was telling people NOT to use their fog lights and now this one trying to diss the looks of the sport....so im guessing that you are having a little "buyers remorse" for not buying the sport. either that or you are just to old to understand the idea of this car or you're to young to be able to afford the sport model. either way its gonna be hard to bash the sport looks on a forum full of sport owners.

Old 01-08-2008, 08:24 PM
My Lips Bigger!
5 Year Member
ok im not the only one who doesnt get you (gar)

Old 01-08-2008, 08:43 PM
5 Year Member
The Sport Kit is great. It isnt to aggresive and makes it stand out from other cars on the road. Plus i think the base fit w/o the kit looks boring.

Old 01-08-2008, 09:13 PM
J_L
5 Year Member
Yep, the sport kit makes this car unique IMO.

Old 01-08-2008, 10:24 PM
5 Year Member
the base looks too hate to say it, aveo-ish. The Sport clearly shows the superiority (over the aveo), and looks more japenese, where the aveo looks like an american rip off of the japenese beauty.

Old 01-08-2008, 11:07 PM
5 Year Member
^ couldnt agree with you more. I hate when people say that Fit's look like Aveos..ugh

Old 01-08-2008, 11:13 PM
I am in my mid 30s, only had a car I modified when I was 16 (had to since I bought a $400 Skyhawk at an estate sale), and have pretty conservative taste. I debated why I wanted the Sport, because I thought the base looked smart as well. But in the end I just liked the look of the Sport more. It felt more unique. I hear it is the "preferred" model, and dealers run out of the Sports first. I think it all depends on personal taste, although I wouldn't say either looks bad by any means.

I would cut anybody who says it looks like an Aveo.

Old 01-09-2008, 02:20 AM
Originally Posted by Mr.FIsTer
hmmm this is the second post that i have noticed you start....the first one was telling people NOT to use their fog lights and now this one trying to diss the looks of the sport....so im guessing that you are having a little "buyers remorse" for not buying the sport. either that or you are just to old to understand the idea of this car or you're to young to be able to afford the sport model. either way its gonna be hard to bash the sport looks on a forum full of sport owners.
Actually, there were plenty of sports on the lot. My only bit of remorse is that I could only choose black or black if I wanted a MT base model.

Also, the idea of the car is to provide good gas mileage while having more utility than similar subcompact cars....and to replicate what the civic once was before it got as large as it did.

You're also off base as to whether or not I can afford anything. I bought my car new, with significant down payment -- the cost differential for the sport kit is simply money that could go towards a new motorcycle. Simply a no brainer there!

Old 01-09-2008, 02:22 AM
Originally Posted by billmus86
ok im not the only one who doesnt get you (gar)
What's to not get? I like a car with crisp clean lines that doesn't look like the owner doesn't realize that a rear spoiler on a FWD car doesn't make any sense whatsoever!

Old 01-09-2008, 02:26 AM
Originally Posted by pastafarian
the base looks too hate to say it, aveo-ish. The Sport clearly shows the superiority (over the aveo), and looks more japenese, where the aveo looks like an american rip off of the japenese beauty.
Whereas I found the sport model to look too much like a Scion!

Actually, I don't particularly like the japanese look - I prefer european styling. What I do prefer about the Fit vs the Rabbit is that I know it'll last a lot longer, get better gas mileage, and I won't be gambling by owning it out of warranty.

Old 01-09-2008, 03:19 AM
5 Year Member
Gotta vote with the others -- the Sport kit is the only way to go. To me, the Base doesn't look clean, it just looks incomplete -- i.e., space for fogs, but no fogs; unfinished seams on the undersides, etc.

As for juvenile, I've never understood the mentality like your co-worker exhibits. If anything is juvenile it's worrying about what image you portray to others simply based on age and the like. Myself, I'm 39, I love modding my car and performance driving, and that ain't gonna change no matter how much older I get. Hell, compared to when I was 20 I can actually afford to tune and mod now, so why would I want to give that up?

Old 01-09-2008, 03:43 AM
5 Year Member
im also like a lot of the others on this one, i just love the sport kit and if they didnt offer it standard, i would add that option. I feel the styling isnt too extreme but still adds a little flare.
but what do i know im still pretty juvenile

Old 01-09-2008, 05:06 AM
5 Year Member
Yes!

Old 01-09-2008, 12:00 PM
If the fit didn't have the Sport version, I wouldnt have bought it. To me the Base is ugly and I don't think it flows well.

True. I'm young, and I can't afford a very expensive car, but that doesn't mean I'm going to buy something that doesn't look good to me. I know its just a form of transportation (which is what I use it for) and I have no intentions of adding any mods, but I'm still proud of everything I own. To me the Fit is just the better look, and I could afford it. I don't think its juvenile...and even my mom and dad say the Sport looks better than the Base. I showed them a Base once, and they didnt even know it was a Fit. When I told them it was, they were like, "Those don't look good."

Old 01-09-2008, 12:42 PM
5 Year Member
I'm a sport fan too.

i'm 23, am 'into' the whole modding scene, but to a certain and realistic sense, the biggest mod i'll be doing, which will be supercharing, will probably happen closer to when my car is paid off and the warranty is up.

I don't think that the fits body kit looks garish or out of place, and its funny you should mention scion because aside from huge rims, they usually aren't typically sold with body kits.

anything aftermarket that isn't mugen usually looks totally overdone.

another thing to consider is this...does the body kit really look bad? or is it just not to YOUR taste? take the corolla s for example...usually comes with the same size tires as the base corolla, only adds nicer gauges, leather wrapped wheel, different color trim and a silly body kit with fogs that looks completley TACKED on. The fit on the other hand remains clean looking, it just gives it a tiny bit more of an aggressive edge.

and unlike the corolla, its improves on the fun to drive factor over the base model, thanks in part to lower profile tires with alloy wheels. (granted, even a base fit is much more fun to drive than ANY corolla.)

not to mention that little things like a better stereo, leather wrapped wheels and alloys are enough to make people want to fork out the extra dough for the sport.

Old 01-09-2008, 12:47 PM
5 Year Member
I like the exterior touches on the Sport, including the body kit. Compared to the base model, plus all the other touches you get for very little extra money, who can complain? I don't think it's flashy, and gives it just enough sporty touch to catch your eye. Only reason I would get rid of it is if I were to ever do the F/R JDM conversion.

-Mike

Old 01-09-2008, 01:58 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Snap Fit
I will post this elsewhere as well...this is just for people who worry about the bottom lips on the Fit Sport, these are my experiences...

my '86 Civic sedan bottomed out way easier than the Fit and '01 Civic coupe allways scraped the lower front bumper (both bone stock and I don't weigh that much, and in normal conditions/circumstances)....much easier then my Fit sport. I have not done either with my FS ...under the same conditions yet...
I was quite worried about this right before purchasing but as of yet have not hit bottom one time so I think you may be on to something...

Old 01-09-2008, 02:11 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by HondaGuy
I was quite worried about this right before purchasing but as of yet have not hit bottom one time so I think you may be on to something...

interesting...i've scraped plenty of times driving carefully, but i've encountered some steep driveways too so what can i do?

i was thinking a little about the comment the o.g. poster made with regards to younger folks who are into the sport compact scene preferring the kit.

Personally, any 30 or 40 something should appreciate it to as they were around our age when honda was just killing it with some of their best sport compacts in the late 80's to late 90's.

Honda hadn't given us a lightweight tossable hatch since the late 90's...its no suprise that when the fit got here everyone who was a honda sport compact fan jumped on it. the fit is destined to go down in history as the next eg! well, maybe not that, but what it lacks in interchangable parts, it makes up for in functionality and a great interior.

Quick Reply: Do you like the Sport body kit?