General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Anyone look at your cup holders?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 08:51 AM
Anyone look at your cup holders?

I just found it funny the other day when cleaning out my car that if you look at the (at least USDM ver Fit) cup holder for the rear doors it has a "cup with circle/slash around it) saying they aren't for cups.

Stupid but I found it funny anyways. Anyone else notice warning labels or signs on the Fit that just don't make sense? I mean obviously they put the no cup sign on it because its not a very deep cup holder and it may or may not cause a spill which they dont wanna be held responsible for by saying it is a cup holder LOL.

Old 01-07-2008, 08:54 AM
Banned
a lot of cars have that symbol now days, 4runners have the same symbol with a bottle circled next to it

Old 01-07-2008, 10:19 AM
5 Year Member
Yeah now they usually seem to make them for bottles or cans but cups with lids are so big they dont fit so they suggest against it. I noticed this too when I was inspecting my Fit at the dealer prior to buying. Didn't think anything of it though as my Miata had the same thing. Found out on accident though in the Miata cause the cupholders are also where the ashtray goes and they gave me 2 ashtrays for some reason so I took them out and saw the cup with a slash.

Old 01-07-2008, 11:17 AM
Retired Moderator
Yeah i noticed that when i bought the car, its pretty stupid and pointless..

Tyler

Old 01-07-2008, 11:26 AM
5 Year Member
On the good side the gas tank doesn't have a decal that says, "Not to be used with gasoline."

Old 01-07-2008, 01:29 PM
they do that so people won't leave a steaming hot cup of coffee in the door cup holder and then slam the door shut resulting in a steaming coffee explosion...

people tend to do stupid things like that, it's just their way of covering their butts for liability.

i could totally see someone slamming a door with a full cup of coffee in it and then suing when the passenger gets doused with it (along with much of the interior) because noone ever told them they shouldn't leave coffee in the door and slam it shut...

god love us americans

Old 01-07-2008, 02:05 PM
5 Year Member
Well I mean when you can sue because you get out of the seat of you winebago while it is moving and it crashes. Then you sue because the owner's manual doesn't say you have to remain at the wheel at all times and you win!, what do you expect them to do.

lol

Old 01-07-2008, 02:27 PM
5 Year Member
I think it is there because they were meant to be used as bottle holders like gatorade or something they are not holders for regular cups

Old 01-07-2008, 04:00 PM
I found the "passenger airbag off" light a riot!!! (i know all about it now...)

but I had never seen it on when I first got the car, and my girlfriend saw it and was worried. (we were in a major accident recently...so she is a bit jittery) and thought at first it was button to turn off the "passenger airbag" (wishfull thinking as it was the airbag in our wreck that broke my sternum)...I then thought how great is that! If you don't like your passenger and/or can hit it fast enough...then...NO SOUP (oops...I mean airbag) FOR YOU !!!!!!

In my car the light is always on now...as I carry stuff there with the seatbealt holding it in...geez I hope I dont get a malfunction....HAAAHHAhahaaa...fears would suddenly manifest!!!

Last edited by Snap Fit; 01-07-2008 at 04:02 PM. Reason: Because "EVERYONE" is doing it... doing the " EDIT " THAT IS !!!!!
Old 01-07-2008, 04:55 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Hocker
I just found it funny the other day when cleaning out my car that if you look at the (at least USDM ver Fit) cup holder for the rear doors it has a "cup with circle/slash around it) saying they aren't for cups.

Stupid but I found it funny anyways. Anyone else notice warning labels or signs on the Fit that just don't make sense? I mean obviously they put the no cup sign on it because its not a very deep cup holder and it may or may not cause a spill which they dont wanna be held responsible for by saying it is a cup holder LOL.
yeah i notice that when i first had my car... cousin in the back with a medium Pepsi from taco Smell ( BELL) then i took a turn then bam i had pepsi all over the carpet... sigh*

Last edited by Zangoose GD3 Blue; 01-07-2008 at 05:00 PM.
Old 01-07-2008, 04:55 PM
5 Year Member
crap, now i feel all nOOberish again cause i have wondered about that stupid light since day one and I haven't searched to find any info about it.

< slaps self

Old 01-07-2008, 05:14 PM
5 Year Member
i agree. i never new about the "no cup" signs. probably why i had some coke all over the rear one time. trust me i learned my lesson regardless. no soda cups at all.

Old 01-07-2008, 05:25 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by barelyinaudible
they do that so people won't leave a steaming hot cup of coffee in the door cup holder and then slam the door shut resulting in a steaming coffee explosion...

people tend to do stupid things like that, it's just their way of covering their butts for liability.

i could totally see someone slamming a door with a full cup of coffee in it and then suing when the passenger gets doused with it (along with much of the interior) because noone ever told them they shouldn't leave coffee in the door and slam it shut...

god love us americans
Correct. Its a cup holder. If you look closely the pic is showing an open cup with a straw. No lid at all. So what its saying is its not used for open cups due to the door movement.

I pointed it out a week after I got my car. My dad said"What kinda cup holder isnt for cups!?" They got to make it specific or Honda could get sued.

Did anyone here about that lady who put her cruise control on in her motor home and left the wheel to make coffee? She did it because in the instructional video on the motor home NEVER said she couldnt leave the wheel while the cruise control was on. It was a while ago. I forgot where.

Of course she wrecked. Hahah! She sued the company and made good money.

Old 01-07-2008, 05:40 PM
5 Year Member
Mx6 that is the one i was talking about. I thought it was a guy though. LOL it was a Winnie. I forgot that it was cause of CC though. LOL

Old 01-07-2008, 05:53 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Hahaa.. I skimmed through the posts. Sorry man.
You know how the real stories get mixed up as theyre passed around.

From what I remember it was CC. She set CC, left the wheel to make coffee.
I love it.

Old 01-07-2008, 06:39 PM
Has anyone noticed the 3 dial hvac controls have a light that illuminates the cupholders? I know I posted this in the "fit trix>interior> "Diy...Most Epic Interior Mod Ever" thread but I thought it might be nice mentioned here as well

One day recently I put my hand down to get something out of the cupholder and it looked like I was having a "close encounter of the third kind" as two really dull white lights were illuminating the back of my hand...kinda like one for each cup...

If everyone knows about this already and it has been posted a bazzillion to the gogolplex power times then I am sorry....

But it is so useless its actually funny....maybe its from light bleed but...

Old 01-08-2008, 12:50 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Snap Fit
I found the "passenger airbag off" light a riot!!! (i know all about it now...)

but I had never seen it on when I first got the car, and my girlfriend saw it and was worried. (we were in a major accident recently...so she is a bit jittery) and thought at first it was button to turn off the "passenger airbag" (wishfull thinking as it was the airbag in our wreck that broke my sternum)...I then thought how great is that! If you don't like your passenger and/or can hit it fast enough...then...NO SOUP (oops...I mean airbag) FOR YOU !!!!!!

In my car the light is always on now...as I carry stuff there with the seatbealt holding it in...geez I hope I dont get a malfunction....HAAAHHAhahaaa...fears would suddenly manifest!!!
Well on some models you can turn off the passenger side airbags. My trade in, a toyota truck had that feature. I think it was for the very reason you mentioned but our hondas can reduce force of the bag inflation if it thinks it needs to so I am guessing that is why you can't turn them off.

Old 01-08-2008, 06:31 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Mx6GT89

From what I remember it was CC. She set CC, left the wheel to make coffee.
I love it.

Do you mean Cruise Control isn't the same thing as Autopilot? I guess I will have to stop going in the back to mix drinks while I'm driving. Crap!

Old 01-08-2008, 11:42 AM
kps
Honda Fit Forums Moderator
You mean it's not an indicator? I though mine was just broken.

Old 01-08-2008, 03:06 PM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
wow you actually went through the trouble of putting a cup in there and taking pics lol. thanks! but yea like most people have figured out, that thing is just not meant for open containers.

Quick Reply: Anyone look at your cup holders?