General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

anybody else get airbag recall notice?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 10:50 AM
5 Year Member
yeah im doing this wenesday... before its 2 late

Old 01-01-2008, 11:37 AM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kancerr
is there a way to check if we need to get it done or not without having to go to the dealer or call them?(ie a url, haha). i cant find the paper.
I've already posted this elsewhere but go to; www.owners.honda.com and register your car then you will see if the recall applys to you. Very nice site and this is how I found out about my car being in the recall. I had it fixed about three weeks ago and I just got my letter from Honda yesterday.

Cat :x

Old 01-01-2008, 11:59 AM
Banned
I just got my letter a couple days ago, I figured I'd wait til I was due for my first oil change and have it done then.

Old 01-01-2008, 01:44 PM
I work at a Honda dealer and performed one of these recalls the other day. Only took about 30 minutes, although accessing some of the splices is a pain. It does seem a bit like overkill considering where the harness runs but I can see how in a few years contamination could get to the wiring.

Old 01-01-2008, 02:28 PM
i haven't gotten this letter yet. i wonder why?

Old 01-01-2008, 03:46 PM
i just got the recall a few dayz ago weeeee....

Old 01-02-2008, 11:08 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Cat
I've already posted this elsewhere but go to; www.owners.honda.com and register your car then you will see if the recall applys to you. Very nice site and this is how I found out about my car being in the recall. I had it fixed about three weeks ago and I just got my letter from Honda yesterday.

Cat :x
ty already have my car on there, i pay online. i searched for recalls and found that my car is part of it. thx. guess ill be getting it done soon.

Old 01-02-2008, 11:59 PM
5 Year Member
fix mine today...

Old 01-03-2008, 10:38 AM
Just received a Safety Recall notice from Honda about the Fit

Even though I no longer own my Fit (sold my 1 month old Fit with only 350 miles back on 12/22/07), Honda sent me a Safety Recall letter yesterday. I'm not sure if this is old news but figured I'd share this with you all in case it's new news to some of you... I will retype the main points from the letter below...

What is the Reason for this notice?

Honda Motor Co., Ltd. has decided that a defect related to motor vehicle safety exists in certain 2007-2008 Fit vehicles. In the salt-belt states, the moisture from a driver's wet shoes may penetrate an under-carpet wire harness and cause the passenger's side and front airbags to malfunction

What should you do?

Call any authorized Honda dealer and make an appointment to have your vehicle repaired free of charge (they will inspect and repair or replace the wire harness)

Old 01-03-2008, 10:50 AM
yeah man...i just got that as welll. I hope they change the whole carpeting. that would be cool. gonna take it in someday when i give a shit

Old 01-03-2008, 11:06 AM
yeah there is only 100 other posts on here about it...but i would guess that you are the first person that dosent even own a fit anymore that is on here worried about it.

Old 01-03-2008, 11:26 AM
5 Year Member
I'm not all that concerned about it. I've got the Fit rubber floor mats...the carpet never gets wet lol

Old 01-03-2008, 11:40 AM
Retired Moderator
Navin-I merged your thread into this larger one on the same topic.

Tyler

Old 01-03-2008, 12:20 PM
Originally Posted by Mr.FIsTer
yeah there is only 100 other posts on here about it...but i would guess that you are the first person that dosent even own a fit anymore that is on here worried about it.
There's no need to be rude... we're all adults here.

I'm not worried about it... just wanted to pass the info along... so I made post #101... deal with it.

Old 01-03-2008, 12:22 PM
Originally Posted by TOOL
Navin-I merged your thread into this larger one on the same topic.

Tyler
Thanks Tyler... my apologies for not checking to see if there were other threads out there on this subject.

Old 01-03-2008, 06:54 PM
Thank you, I just sent a notice to my car dealer. I was just there in December for an oil change and was not told about this recall.

Old 01-04-2008, 02:02 PM
We just had the recall repair done yesterday. It only took a half day. Freaky part was, got recall notice in mail, next day went to drive the Fit and, strangest thing, the check airbags light came on! When we were having the recall repair done, they traced the trouble light to a bad sensor in the front bumper. The day before we went thru the carwash but nothing else unusual. The technician even asked if we had an accident. Simply weird! Had to keep it overnight until part arrived, but one days wait for an out of stock part is not bad at all. Oh and one more thing, we went to West Herr in Lockport and they treated us top rate. Definitely recommend if looking for Honda service in Western New York area. A LOT better attitude than the competition.

Last edited by FarmFit; 01-04-2008 at 02:08 PM.
Old 01-04-2008, 03:36 PM
5 Year Member
just got mine fixed today, along with an oil change and tire rotation, took a little over an hour total.

glad it's done with, hopefully there's no more recalls for a while.

Old 01-04-2008, 04:12 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TOOL
Alot of people have already got theres in the mail and had theres fixed. Its mostly northern stated who got the recall, California is not getting it.

Tyler
Southern fit owners help me out on this one. I purchased my fit in Maine (definitely salt-belt state) but moved to Florida about a month later. I live here permenantly now and my fit will almost certainly not be spending significant time in any state further north/northwest in what I'd consider the salt-belt.
If Cali isn't getting the recall, what about FL? I'm guessing I got the notice because my dealership is in New England, but since everything is computerized they probably don't pay attention to the fact my mailing address is in Florida.
I also am a full time student, this is my only car, and the nearest honda dealer is about 10 miles up the road, so I don't really have the time or liberty to set aside 6 hours for a repair (let alone if they don't have the part or need to keep it over night...etc.)
Is it something I could do myself? get some wire loom insulation or something?
Anyone that can clear this up, I'd be much appreciative, thx.

Old 01-11-2008, 05:37 PM
My mechanic indicated there were already corrected parts made - that Honda knew of this problem a while ago, but that for whatever reason, some or many of the American cars were made with the old parts. Whether or not this is accurate, who knows. For some of you who question whether or not to have the recall fix done, I'd recommend it. I used to have a Cavelier, and those frequently had problems with a particular wire harness taking on too much water & salt. Mine did, and that caused some headaches.

Quick Reply: anybody else get airbag recall notice?