General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Ready to Get a Fit

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 12:49 PM
tin
5 Year Member
Ready to Get a Fit

I've been lurking here for a while, but I'm finally ready to get a Fit. I've been in a Fit a few times, but going for a test drive this weekend to see how I like driving it.

The salesman already told me they always sell Fits at MSRP, I figure it's the usual BS. I was thinking if I get the car at MSRP I'll want discounts on accessories. My first new car, any suggestions or tips on the process? Thanks

Old 12-28-2007, 12:56 PM
5 Year Member
If you're getting any accessories that you can install, don't get them at the dealer. Hondapartsdeals.com has way better prices than any dealer.
I'm about to get the cargo net for $51 shipped, knowing the dealer would charge me $56 + labor (which is usually a lot of $).

Old 12-28-2007, 12:58 PM
Watch out for knockoffs... check the logo... on a knockoff it's usually mispelled FAT.

Old 12-28-2007, 12:59 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
also check out Genuine Honda Accessories, News, and Information from College Hills Honda

they have nice prices, fast service.

as far as pricing, dealer sold me mine at MSRP with rip-off wheellocks at $115 or something
that was already installed. he did not give me any accessories either.

so i told him to give me a free carwash and washer fluid. he did that.

Old 12-28-2007, 01:32 PM
5 Year Member
tell the dealer that you dont want to bs around and waste your time. and that you wont pay more then invoice pricing for the fit. and if they dont do it...then just go to another dealer. and make sure you tell them which dealer your going too. . i paid invoice pricing for my fit. i had a good amount of down payment in cash to wave to their face that i was serious about purchasing a fit, and if i didnt get the price i wanted i would go to another dealership.

the manager kinda shrugged and said "are we trying to sell the car or keep the car?". so they let the car go to me.

Old 12-28-2007, 01:52 PM
Retired Moderator
Thouroghly inspect your car before leaving the dealer. And tell them not to give you the complimentry car wash because more often then not they leave scrathes. Enjoy you new ride!

Tyler

Old 12-28-2007, 03:05 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TOOL
Thouroghly inspect your car before leaving the dealer.
Definitely. Check under the lip as well, I remember reading a thread somewhere here about pre-delivery inspection and someone mentioned checking under the lip, and low and behold, when I went to pick up my car awhile ago there was a gash in the front lip, perhaps from moving the car off the transport truck or something.

Old 12-28-2007, 05:50 PM
The Holy Grail Of Tips +10

Originally Posted by TOOL
Thouroghly inspect your car before leaving the dealer. And tell them not to give you the complimentry car wash because more often then not they leave scrathes. Enjoy you new ride!

Tyler
HOW TRUE!!!!!
my car was NHBP but looked like desert biege! BEFORE THE WASH!
MY CAR WAS A FRESNEL LENS AFTER THE WASH!!!!

Dont go above MSRP! Truely there are few reasons to! Try to avoid accessories from the dealer (get elsewhere if hell bent)
If the car comes with mats and locks and chrome this and that, to make it dead certain you are serious let them know you are willing to have them removed to lower the price... and sometimes that will garauntee that you get them for free! (well not really free...just not charged a ton more)

try and go in with a set price and stick to it!
dont let them know how you will be paying till the end...
be quick on your feet, if you dont dig it walk away...or atleast make it appear that way...be courteous...
know what the msrp is for the vehicle and accessories as well as the invoice and whatever holdback that they use (honda's bout 2% I think...) and any factory to dealer incentives and customer deals/sales...
AND...
most importantly of all.........post your experience here when through...

good luck!
and remember the more picky you are the harder it is...to get it cheap that is...

Last edited by Snap Fit; 12-28-2007 at 07:45 PM. Reason: Because my memory is more saturated than wet belly lint!
Old 12-29-2007, 01:58 AM
5 Year Member
make sure you inspect everything...check the odometer as well if there is any milage on the vehicle...i leveraged a lower price because there was 15 miles on the car and the fact that they had accessories i didnt want...like the sports grille, locks, and splash gaurds...im not sure if most dealerships will give it to you for free...but they will sell it at a discount if you tell them you didnt want it