General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Bad news... have to get rid of my '08 BOM Fit Sport

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 04:05 PM
Bad news... have to get rid of my '08 BOM Fit Sport

Regretfully I've been hit with some major financial problems and therefore I need to sell my BOM '08 Fit Sport probably within the next week or two. I've owned the car since 11/25/07 and have put a total of 300 miles on the car. If any of you know anyone looking for a Fit in the D.C. Metro area (I live in Gaithersburg, MD) do pass them on my way - serenader9@hotmail.com. Worst case scenario if I don't find any buyers, I'll just sell the car to Carmax (I have a friend who works there who might be able to help me get a good price for the car - maybe).

I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to get to know many of the members here but the few members I was able to meet online (Tyler and a few others) are all good people and I'm glad I had the chance to meet you fellas.

Thanks,
Navin

Old 12-17-2007, 04:10 PM
Retired Moderator
Ahh man that really sucks! Im so sorry to hear that..
Well at least you will still have your bada$$ Bimmer! Hopefully someday you will be able to get a Fit again.

Tyler

Old 12-17-2007, 04:39 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
navin- sorry to hear. hope you find a buyer soon. carmax actually
gives pretty fair prices... i sold my wrx 4-5 years ago and they pretty
much gave me "good condition" on kbb. well, i argued that my car was
in "excellent" condition, but dont we all.

good luck.

Old 12-17-2007, 04:50 PM
Retired Moderator
Navin- You can post your Fit for sale in the For sale area of the forum if you want, you may find a buyer. Its worth a shot.

Old 12-17-2007, 05:54 PM
5 Year Member
Sorry to hear. It's too bad that such an economical car has put you in that bad of a financial bind... guess it's better than having to get rid of a new luxury car where your off-the-lot depreciation would've been far worse!

-Mike

Old 12-17-2007, 10:37 PM
How much are you asking? I'll keep my ear to the ground.

Old 12-18-2007, 10:14 AM
Originally Posted by TOOL
Ahh man that really sucks! Im so sorry to hear that..
Well at least you will still have your bada$$ Bimmer! Hopefully someday you will be able to get a Fit again.

Tyler
Thanks Tyler... yeah I'm really bummed right now, but in the end I know it's the right thing to do, especially when it comes down to helping out my family financially in the end.
Yeah, I'll definitely be keeping the Bimmer (it was paid off years ago so I don't owe any money on it), although I will need to get some winter tires... 19" performance tires + snow = BAD!!!

Old 12-18-2007, 10:15 AM
Originally Posted by kenchan
navin- sorry to hear. hope you find a buyer soon. carmax actually
gives pretty fair prices... i sold my wrx 4-5 years ago and they pretty
much gave me "good condition" on kbb. well, i argued that my car was
in "excellent" condition, but dont we all.

good luck.
Thanks Kenchan! Glad to hear you had a good experience with Carmax. Hopefully my experience will be good as well.

Old 12-18-2007, 10:16 AM
Navin- You can post your Fit for sale in the For sale area of the forum if you want, you may find a buyer. Its worth a shot.
Yeah, that's true... I'll see what Carmax offers me first and if it's way too low then I'll definitely go the route of using the For Sale subforum. Thanks Tyler.

Oh yeah, assuming I sell the car back to Carmax, I don't plan on giving them the all season OEM rubber floormats, the cargo cover, nor the locking gas cap (which I haven't even installed yet), so do expect to see those up here in the For Sale subforum.

Old 12-18-2007, 10:19 AM
Originally Posted by ghibli99
Sorry to hear. It's too bad that such an economical car has put you in that bad of a financial bind... guess it's better than having to get rid of a new luxury car where your off-the-lot depreciation would've been far worse!

-Mike
Thanks Mike... yeah it's really too bad... I really liked how practical the Fit is and love the gas mileage as well... perhaps down the road when things get better financially you'll see me back in a Fit.

Old 12-18-2007, 10:22 AM
Originally Posted by Darkcambria
How much are you asking? I'll keep my ear to the ground.
Given that I've had it for such a short time and haven't put much mileage (300 miles), I'm thinking somewhere in the $15,500-$16,000 range.

Old 12-26-2007, 08:22 AM

Fit is now sold as of 12/22/07. I wound up selling the car back to Carmax because we needed the money ASAP... it's definitely a sad time now.

Anyhow, the few accessories that I wound up purchasing (most of which are still brand new are now up for sale). If any of you know anyone that might be interested, please direct them to the link below... I'm not looking to make any money off this. I just want to break even as much as possible. My thanks to you all for your kind words and encouragement during these difficult times for my family and I.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/sale...cessories.html

Thanks,
Navin

Old 12-26-2007, 10:39 AM
5 Year Member
How much did carmax pay for it?

Old 12-26-2007, 03:07 PM
Originally Posted by robodude
How much did carmax pay for it?
$12,500

Only had 350 miles on it, too. Basically I lost the trade-in value of my wife's Toyota Solara (got $6000 for the trade-in), so in the end I had enough to pay off the car loan (which was around $12,500 as well).

Old 12-26-2007, 05:20 PM
Retired Moderator
Dude sorry to hear your fits gone, but you got jacked on the price, 12500 is way to cheap. Anyway, good luck on your parting out.

Tyler

Old 12-26-2007, 07:12 PM
5 Year Member
Aw man, I just dropped $17k (tax + dest included) for a BOM Fit Sport. I would have been happy to drive down to MD and buy yours had I known it was up for sale!

Old 12-27-2007, 08:40 AM
Dude sorry to hear your fits gone, but you got jacked on the price, 12500 is way to cheap. Anyway, good luck on your parting out.

Tyler
Yeah, I really got ripped off. Carmax's price offer was consistent with all the Honda dealerships that I contacted in my area. Unfortunately, they have to make a profit as well on this sale and the price they wind up selling the Fit for has to be low enough and high enough to justify a buyer who is willing to purchase this particular used Fit versus a brand new Fit (why spend $15k on a used Fit when you can spend an extra $1k or $2k for a new one?)

But thanks for the kind words, Tyler. Looks like I've found a buyer for the floormats, and if worse comes to worse I can return the cargo cover and locking gas cap to Bernardiparts (though they will deduct I believe a 15% restocking fee on each item).

Old 12-27-2007, 08:43 AM
Originally Posted by coupdetat
Aw man, I just dropped $17k (tax + dest included) for a BOM Fit Sport. I would have been happy to drive down to MD and buy yours had I known it was up for sale!
Doh!!!! Someone just shoot me, please.

Yeah, unfortunately I was in such a rush to sell this (needed the money), plus I had a lien on the Fit with my bank since I wound up financing it (not sure if that would have complicated the transaction if I had wound up selling this to a private party as opposed to selling to a dealership/Carmax).