General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

My poor fit!

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 12:00 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by karoberts
I've been informed that they won't total a vehicle unless the repair cost reaches 75 to 80% of the market value.

This is correct, at least for most major companies. The car would have to be pretty much 75-80% gone for them to total it.

At least it is a new car and you should still be entitled to OEM parts. After a couple years they are only required to use aftermarket or used parts to repair a car.

Old 12-21-2007, 01:55 PM
5 Year Member
Hope you're okay, bud. I'm glad (your insurance) declared it a total.

(So) hopefully you'll get a spankin' new Fit in no time.

Drive safe y'all.

Old 12-21-2007, 02:22 PM
sorry to hear about the accident but at leat youll get it replaced

Old 01-03-2008, 07:58 PM
Insurance seems to be taking their time (of course, its the holidays) and they still haven't given an offer for the car yet.

I've been going around to dealers to check out some cars. The Honda place I went to only had one fit (orange) that was automatic. They did have like 5 manuals though (I dont drive manuals however). I also went to a Scion dealer and looked at the new xB's. I liked they way they looked, but the EPA for the gas mileage is only 28. I'm hoping I'll be able to get another Fit for gas mileage alone.

Old 01-03-2008, 08:28 PM
5 Year Member
well...i hope its declared total too. my car just got hit, and i dont want to drive it anymore. i just got it fixed...but its never the same you know?
any how....congrats on whatever you graduated from heh.

i hope insurance gives you enough and i hope you had gap insurance.

Old 01-03-2008, 08:43 PM
Glad you werent hurt!

Old 01-04-2008, 12:26 AM
Originally Posted by SD_MR_FIT
well...i hope its declared total too. my car just got hit, and i dont want to drive it anymore. i just got it fixed...but its never the same you know?
any how....congrats on whatever you graduated from heh.

i hope insurance gives you enough and i hope you had gap insurance.
I did have gap insurance, but i had the car a little over a year...i think a year and 3 months or so...

Oh, and I graduated with my Bachelors in Accounting...im doing my masters right now!

Old 01-04-2008, 06:14 PM
5 Year Member
Get a lawyer, a doctor and only accept honda parts

I have been through this 2 times before and you need to be super careful as the insurance companies will try to screw you over if you don't.

1) A girl ran a red light and we collided at about 70mph. I was on a honda, but a bike not car. The bike was 2 months old yet they still tried to screw me and just give me about 60% of the cost until I started to walk out and told them I was going to see my doctor. I don't understand all the legal bs, but for whatever reason, it is pretty easy for insurance companies to screw you over on your vehicle even if it's almost new. But if you even think you might have medical issues, they suddenly become honest and will do a proper repair or give you replacement value.

2) #2 was car on car..again another girl ran a stop sign, admitted it was her fault, police said it was her fault..yet insurance dragged out fixing my car for almost 2 years till I got a lawyer (a good friend of a good friend). I had taken my car to a body shop where I knew the owners and they did the estimate for $1700.00. When her insurance finally got around to seeing my car they didn't like the estimate and said it could be done cheaper by using junkyard parts and wanted to give me $600.00 I let em know my car didn't have junkyard parts on it from the start and I wouldn't accept them. We were at a stand still and they gave me the run around for almost 2 years till I got a lawyer. They didn't pay a for rental car, nothing. The lawyer friend implied (but didn't come out and say it) that possible medical injuries are the only way to keep them honest even if they are in the dead wrong. The body shop later told me that the adjuster who had tried to screw me over quit the insurance company a short time later because she didn't agree with their morals and such. I replied..yea but not before she *almost* got me The lawyer told me next time get a lawyer right away because I almost waited too long. So if you think you might be injured or might be getting worked over by the company, see a doctor and lawyer right away. It's pretty bad that things have come to this , but some of these folks are literally the scum of the earth and have no problems cheating you as best they can. That last insurance company better hope I never happen to be a juror on one of their trials as I will take jury nullification to new level!!!

Good luck!!!

Old 01-06-2008, 01:49 AM
I bought another Fit today. They actually gave me quite a good deal, considerably less than I bought the first one for. My payments are around the same, and I didn't even have to put any money down.

I wasn't really planning on buying a car today. But it just clicked in my head that school is starting next week. Normally this wouldn't be a problem as I live very close to campus and just walk to work and school. But this semester I actually signed up for one class at my university's satellite campus, which is like 40 mins away one day a week, so I needed a car quick. Once they showed me the deal they could give me, and told me they had a color I liked, I was pretty much sold.

I think my parents were so happy with the experience that they are going to buy a Honda pretty soon. I think my mom wants an element or something. Anyway, I'll post the pics up sometime soon.

Old 01-06-2008, 02:15 AM
5 Year Member
I feel for ya! I work for one university yet go to school at another about 200 miles away (99% via distance ed). Although I don't have to physically go to the other university that often, I have done it enough to feel the pain of 14mpg and that is one of the reasons I now have the fit. Congrats on your new fit-you don't have to worry about it never driving the same as compared to a repaired one.