General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

My poor fit!

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 09:18 PM
Here are some updated pics. I'm still trying to get a rental car. The other person's insurance was saying that they won't get moving on things until they get a statement from the lady that hit me. Of course they're just taking their sweet time.

Here are some pics though...

I used to have a reservoir for the washer fluid in there somewhere...

We'll see how it goes, still trying to get through the red tape.

Old 12-17-2007, 09:21 PM
5 Year Member
wow that looks pretty bad. How's your condition K Lolo still sore?? and haha your airbags are pink...when i got in my mini accident my airbags were boring white

Old 12-17-2007, 09:27 PM
Originally Posted by Fitftw
wow that looks pretty bad. How's your condition K Lolo still sore?? and haha your airbags are pink...when i got in my mini accident my airbags were boring white
LOL, yeah...pink bags...

And yeah, I'm still sore. But I got some medicine. Muscle relaxers and anti-inflamatory stuff. Actually need to take some right now...

Old 12-17-2007, 09:27 PM
5 Year Member
Is it possible to buy the vehicle back if it gets totaled? The insurance company will sell it to a salvage yard for maybe $500, right?

Old 12-17-2007, 11:51 PM
Originally Posted by osborne
Is it possible to buy the vehicle back if it gets totaled? The insurance company will sell it to a salvage yard for maybe $500, right?
I've been reading about that. I think what I read is that they will take away from the payment they give you. So it would be like, settlement - salvage value = what I would get.

I think the insurance company is going to push for a repair though. Since the Fit has a high resale value now.

Does anyone know how much it costs to reset an airbag? People have been telling me different values. I just know that three of mine deployed, and I'm trying to see how much that is.

Old 12-18-2007, 12:16 AM
Avid FitFreak Poster
5 Year Member
Sorry to hear about that man. Hope you'll still be with us the forums, though. Good luck and take care!

Old 12-18-2007, 12:58 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by K LoLo
I've been reading about that. I think what I read is that they will take away from the payment they give you. So it would be like, settlement - salvage value = what I would get.

I think the insurance company is going to push for a repair though. Since the Fit has a high resale value now.

Does anyone know how much it costs to reset an airbag? People have been telling me different values. I just know that three of mine deployed, and I'm trying to see how much that is.
I have been looking to get my hands on a totaled Fit so that I can get the interior from it, but I don't think that it is possible for me to purchase a vehicle from an insurance company after the total it out.

Old 12-18-2007, 01:21 AM
Originally Posted by saiko
Sorry to hear about that man. Hope you'll still be with us the forums, though. Good luck and take care!
I'm sure I will be. Even if they total it out, I think I'm going to get another Fit. After all, It kept me safe in this accident!

Old 12-18-2007, 08:20 AM
5 Year Member
airbags on the seats.... thats something ive never seen

Old 12-18-2007, 10:57 AM
Airbags are pretty expensive. On my estimate, the steering wheel airbag (the only one that deployed for me) is $611, and the two airbag sensors are $75 each. Plus about 1 hour of labor for all three. It is the most expensive single item that is being replaced on my car.

Old 12-18-2007, 11:24 AM
5 Year Member
Even if they total it out, I think I'm going to get another Fit. After all, It kept me safe in this accident!
And that's the most important part of this whole episode... that you're safe, and the Fit contributed to keeping you that way.

-Mike

Old 12-18-2007, 11:37 AM
Avid FitFreak Poster
5 Year Member
I'm sure I will be. Even if they total it out, I think I'm going to get another Fit. After all, It kept me safe in this accident!
Alright sweet. Glad to hear that you're aiite. Haha atleast we all know the airbags work fine. lol

Old 12-18-2007, 01:19 PM
Does anyone know how I could find a Honda certified body shop. I haven't been able to find one in the area. Does anyone know if Honda has a list or anything?

Old 12-18-2007, 02:40 PM
5 Year Member
i dont know if there is a certfied body shop that honda recognizes. But most body shops can probably do a quality job fixing up your fit. I'm assuming insurance said it wasnt totaled?

Old 12-18-2007, 02:46 PM
Originally Posted by Fitftw
i dont know if there is a certfied body shop that honda recognizes. But most body shops can probably do a quality job fixing up your fit. I'm assuming insurance said it wasnt totaled?
Their insurance company hasn't even looked at it yet, but it sounds like they are definitely going to push for a repair.

The insurance lady kept saying, "Once you get it to a body shop we can get the estimates for the repair and tell you how long the repairs will take." My mom was like, "You haven't even seen the car!"

I told them I wanted to be there whenever they estimate the damages. They kind of hesitated saying they normally don't do that, but said they would make a special request. I'm just going to tell the body shop to not let anyone see the car without my permission and me being there. Otherwise, if it is going to be repaired, they won't get the work. I think that'll get the body shops attention.

Old 12-18-2007, 04:24 PM
Oh guys, i had another question.

How does this accident affect my warranty? If things get repaired, will I still be qualified under warranty if something goes wrong down the line, or how does that work?

Old 12-18-2007, 06:33 PM
5 Year Member
forget that replacing it with usdm parts. go jdm, for sure......once in a lifetime chance right? well hoping that your car wont get into another accident. but hell......i would either go A) carbon fiber stuff or b) jdm front end.

Old 12-18-2007, 09:23 PM
5 Year Member
with reguards to a certifyed honda shop... ask the dealer u got it from... maybe the dealer can do the work (and really hurt the insurence co.) also te dealer might total your car... citing irrepairable structural damage? they would know best right?

Old 12-20-2007, 10:14 PM
They declared the car totaled today. Now we just have to wait and see what their offer for the car is.

Old 12-21-2007, 01:29 AM
5 Year Member
make them buy you a new one!!!! the person who hit you is obv. a moron!!!!! dont forgett im sure your back hurts... alot ;-)

Quick Reply: My poor fit!