General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

BOM or SSM?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 08:54 PM
BOM or SSM?

This is the hardest part for me picking a fit. I had my heart set on a white.But can't find one. SSM looks a little dull and BOM I might get tied of it. Plus i'm 30 and dont want to stand out to much . Did you guys have a hard time aswell?

Old 12-10-2007, 08:59 PM
Retired Moderator
Yes i had a hard time, i wanted white it sold 15mins before i got to the dealership..Then i was stuck between NHBP and VBP, i ended up with NHBP and im really happy with it. If i were you id go with the BOM, it really looks tight with some rims and NHBP headlights.

Tyler

Old 12-10-2007, 09:50 PM
J_L
5 Year Member
Hell, I'm 50 and I love the BOM, it's a great color!

Old 12-10-2007, 10:20 PM
5 Year Member
yea im somewhat in the same position as you but its between SSM and MR as the SSM will be a whole lot easier to mantain but the MR has a much flashier look but then all the milano red honda i know, all have color fading probs...

For ur decision, u just gotta think about what u want to present, the subtle look of silver or the flashiness of the bom. goodluck on your decision

Old 12-10-2007, 10:44 PM
5 Year Member
That's so funny... my choices were BOM, SSM, and VBP... I don't know why Honda got rid of TW for 08; I think that's the best color for the Fit!

After looking at them in person, VBP really won me over. It's somewhere between WRB on Subarus and EBP on the 00 Civic Si, both colors I like a lot. The metallic pearl in the paint really makes it pop in the sun. I thought BOM was too much for me, and I'd already had SSM on my 01 AV6.

-Mike

Old 12-10-2007, 10:53 PM
BOM!!! b/c its kinda sexyyy

Old 12-11-2007, 02:19 AM
5 Year Member
personally, i like the SSM better on the fit. BOM was my least favorite color, because to me for some reason it never looks as bright as i always think it should.

Old 12-11-2007, 09:27 AM
5 Year Member
When I got to the dealer ready to buy, they had a white demo and a BOM just offloaded, still with paper on it. That was it. Another dealer up the road a bit only had a BOM demo and a black basic. I didn't really want the BOM but wanted the demo even less and I didn't want to wait so after driving the white demo, I purchased the BOM. The color has grown on me and I am really happy with the car and the color choice. I don't see too many Fits on the road but only once did I see another BOM.

Old 12-12-2007, 03:23 AM
5 Year Member
i was going to get white, but ended up with BOM. i love the BOM, haven't regretted my choice. cheers!

Old 12-12-2007, 03:59 AM
5 Year Member
I bought BOM last year (2007) because that is all that I had to choose from.

I bought another BOM this year (2008) because it was the best color. Not to mention the best Honda for me.

Dark colors were too hard to keep clean with all the rain and dirt I get.

Silver was OK but too boring and plain.

Tidewater Blue was my wife's choice but it was kinda drab and pale.

BOM is a more modern color. Well liked by my 16 and 21 year old. And my 24 year old is driving the 2007 BOM in another state.

Old 12-12-2007, 08:44 AM
Id go with BOM.

Old 12-12-2007, 10:46 AM
Originally Posted by skittles
This is the hardest part for me picking a fit. I had my heart set on a white.But can't find one. SSM looks a little dull and BOM I might get tied of it. Plus i'm 30 and dont want to stand out to much . Did you guys have a hard time aswell?
I am 33 and I have a BOM. Yea it stands out but concerding the size of a FIT standing out is a good thing.

I find the BOM shows very little dirt and dust on it due to the color.
I have never been a fan of the greys and silver colors.

Old 12-12-2007, 12:11 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by rekcah
I am 33 and I have a BOM. Yea it stands out but concerding the size of a FIT standing out is a good thing.
This is a very good point, and part of the reason why I went w/ VBP. It gets looks, and I think that's a good thing since the car is so small.

-Mike

Old 12-12-2007, 09:48 PM
I LOVE my BOM

Old 12-12-2007, 10:14 PM
5 Year Member
SSM, I think BOM is too bright

Old 12-13-2007, 09:36 PM
everyone has silver fit

get orange. only ugly at first

Old 12-15-2007, 12:14 PM
Originally Posted by .Chico Escuela.
everyone has silver fit

get orange. only ugly at first
Not exactly a strong recommendation, is it?

I have a SSM, and I really like the color because it does not show dirt easily; however, there is a great reason to buy the BOM (for some people) and that is this. It is very easy to spot another BOM on the road, because the color is not available in the Fit lookalikes (Aveo, Matrix, etc.) Usually, by the time I see another SSM Fit on the road, it has passed me before I am sure it is a Fit.

Old 12-15-2007, 01:35 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by shudderbug

I have a SSM, and I really like the color because it does not show dirt easily; however, there is a great reason to buy the BOM (for some people) and that is this. It is very easy to spot another BOM on the road, because the color is not available in the Fit lookalikes (Aveo, Matrix, etc.) Usually, by the time I see another SSM Fit on the road, it has passed me before I am sure it is a Fit.
i never thought about it that way!! i do the same thing anytime i see a red subcompact, haha.

Old 12-15-2007, 03:14 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by shudderbug
Not exactly a strong recommendation, is it?

The only other common BOM I see in my area are Elements. Ha!

I like the Fit better in BOM

BOM doesn't show dirt much, nor waterstains like some dark colors do.

Many more SSM sold than BOM. SSM easier to resell in general.

Old 12-15-2007, 07:41 PM
Thanks guys, after long walks in the dealer it's going to be a bom fit. Now i might wait till winters over or i might grab it now. I have a 25 mile work drive one way.

Quick Reply: BOM or SSM?