General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

paddles versus "D"

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 07:00 PM
Originally Posted by eldaino
because some people like the convinience of the automatic? and because paddles are fun? there is lots of reasons.
It all strikes me as a bit of make believe.... if you want to shift, save your money and get a manual.

Thankfully not as bad as the people who buy H2's because they like to make believe that they are driving a military spec vehicle....and through doing so endanger all of us by helping to drive up the demand for oil that's produced by assholes that want to kill us because we have freedom and don't believe in their religion.

Old 01-16-2008, 07:54 PM
5 Year Member
assholes that want to kill us because we have freedom and don't believe in their religion.
Well... let's not get into that...

Old 01-16-2008, 08:11 PM
Originally Posted by Chingwa
Well... let's not get into that...
It's basically true. When they kindly offer to not attack us in exchange for converting, it pretty much shows their true colors.

By consuming as much gas as possible, all we're doing is supporting an entire region. If we find a good alternative, then we can leave all the crazies to kill each other in peace.

Old 01-17-2008, 09:40 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by gar1013
It all strikes me as a bit of make believe.... if you want to shift, save your money and get a manual.

Thankfully not as bad as the people who buy H2's because they like to make believe that they are driving a military spec vehicle....and through doing so endanger all of us by helping to drive up the demand for oil that's produced by assholes that want to kill us because we have freedom and don't believe in their religion.

last part of your post...ehh, probably not really necessary, but whatever.
i don't typically drive in s, but you know what, even if a manual was on the roster, they didn't have it in my color. plus my wife wanted the convenience of an automatic. and there is not cheesy computer intervention when driving in s, so thats one less penalty.

i think its different strokes of different folks, and no one should hold that against anyone.

I say if you want to shift, shift yourself and leave how everyone else does it alone.

Old 03-06-2008, 08:46 PM
Originally Posted by Gordio
Most cars are like that. The new chevy Malibu, one of the main downsides is it canNOT do this. You must select M mode to shift.

Does the fit have Grade Logic? (will it hold a gear longer if you are going up/down a hill)
Yeah, the Fit does have Grade Logic. I remember it saying something about it on the window sticker when I bought mine.

On a different note, I know you can get better mileage with a manual transmission, but from some of the posts I've seen on this website, I've seen that the Fit's engine cruising on the highway runs faster than with an automatic (please correct me if I am wrong). I've heard that at 80 mph, they manual will be turning 4000 rpm's while I've seen my automatic turn 3000 rpm's at the same speed. Is this correct?

Old 03-07-2008, 03:42 AM
Originally Posted by henryd1981
Yeah, the Fit does have Grade Logic. I remember it saying something about it on the window sticker when I bought mine.

On a different note, I know you can get better mileage with a manual transmission, but from some of the posts I've seen on this website, I've seen that the Fit's engine cruising on the highway runs faster than with an automatic (please correct me if I am wrong). I've heard that at 80 mph, they manual will be turning 4000 rpm's while I've seen my automatic turn 3000 rpm's at the same speed. Is this correct?

Yes, that's correct. The automatic is geared significant higher and runs about 1000 rpm lower at highway speeds.

The auto gets slightly better mileage in highway driving.

ed

Old 03-07-2008, 05:01 AM
auto- mileage

Hi everyone, been away for a while but now that the inevitable 4.00 a gal. gas is looming,I'm back. The auto-tranny highway mileage caught my eye,if we buy a Fit in 09 it would need to be an automatic.Most of our miles are open road and Wife WILL NOT LEARN, to drive a manual.Spend a lot of time on Tundra Solutions, got an 06 Tundra DC 4X4 that will never get more than 17 MPG's, hence the interest in the new Fit.Drove an 07 Fit a while back and told our salesrep "it'll have to get worse than this before we buy", indications are, it's about to. I'll be 'lurking and learning' here till we decide.....thanks for a great website!