General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

So I might be trading in the Mazdaspeed3 and getting a Fit!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 03:08 PM
5 Year Member
enjoy. i have had cars that just had a wierd karma about them, always breaking, always something wrong. as i remember it, it was a terrible feeling to get in the car and wonder whether it would start/ what would go wrong next.

plus, you'll be able to drive the fit as fast as it will possible go and still get better gas milage than you're getting now.

Old 02-19-2008, 01:12 PM
Sorry to bring back such an old thread but I was compelled to respond to this because I to have a Mazdaspeed3 and want to possibly trade for a fit sport! The speed has had way to many problems and has made me paranoid! The aftermarket BLOWS and I am just losing love for it.

Old 02-19-2008, 02:13 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by blue2turbo
Hahaha... the only reason she is looking at the toyota's is because I am normally a toyota man, but an older school toyota man, I don't like anything they have out right now, and scion isn't my cup of tea either. She wants to stay only honda or toyota, but she needs something with a hatch, she has a 3 year old and we have a dog, and versitility. I think the xB is going out of the question because.. well its a box and it doesn't have anywhere near the cool factor of the Fit. She likes the Matrix because it's a little bigger and has more room, but I had an 89 crx that she used to drive around and she loved it... so I am am using that to bait her with the fit. I don't mind giving up the speed of the MS3 at all, I have my 330whp beast being built in the garage
330whp beast i wonder what car is that...

Old 02-19-2008, 02:16 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Mx6GT89

Mazda6: Not sure if they had the engine mount problem. Trans problems, and transfer case leaks. Not sure about anything else.
yeah the engine mounts are bad and the turbos sux, after 3000 miles they are popping white smock...

Old 02-19-2008, 03:21 PM
5 Year Member
As the previous owner of a Nissan Sentra SER specV (hey I didn't name it), I think you'll enjoy the quality and trouble free ownership that comes with a Fit.

Old 02-19-2008, 04:00 PM
Yeah my MS3 is popping out white smoke from time to time and it pisses me off! The turbo's suck! I parked near a vivid blue fit today at work. I like the look of them, but they kinda look like tin cans. I guess changing the wheels and lowering could change the appearance quite a bit.

Old 02-19-2008, 04:17 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by faster1
Yeah my MS3 is popping out white smoke from time to time and it pisses me off! The turbo's suck! I parked near a vivid blue fit today at work. I like the look of them, but they kinda look like tin cans. I guess changing the wheels and lowering could change the appearance quite a bit.
yeah dude my friend ms6 having the same problem right now...

Old 11-14-2008, 03:51 PM
5 Year Member
Figured I would update this thread a little... lol. It was a little later then expected, but I did end up trading in the MS3 for an 08 fit sport in VBP about a month ago.

I went to the dealer looking at the 09's but they couldn't get me anything in a color I liked without NAV and they had a markup which I didn't like at all. Oddly enough, right there on the lot, they had a used 08' fit sport 5spd in vivid blue... the car I wanted all along. It only had 1154 miles on it... yes that is the acurate number, no accidents, all season mats, and the honda certified warranty already. On top of that, they only had a 15,800 price tag on it... which I believe is like the cost new, but again it also included some factory accessories and the extended honda certified warranty.

I ended up taking it home that day and it has been the best choice yet. The mazda had only 28k miles on it and had already had almost all of the suspension replaced, brakes had to be done once and were already starting to vibrate again, had a couple wierd metallic squeeks/rattles that I just couldn't find, 2 of the wheels were leaking air as the tires were running out of life already and the tranny was just a pita to shift. All in all the car needed a good bit of work and with the warranty running out, I got scared.

I must say I love the fit. I put progress springs on it within the 1st week of ownership and now it looks complete and still rides 10x better and smoother then the mazda.... sure it's not as fast, but 30mpg mixed driving sure does kick the mazda in the balls!!

Originally Posted by Zangoose GD3 Blue
330whp beast i wonder what car is that...
And just a heads up on this... this would be my 93' MR2 turbo and it was up and running now down for my AEM EMS install, Sard fuel rail and 800cc, new intake manifold, etc. Should be pushing 340whp on 93 pump when I am done and when I get my hands on my E85, should be 400whp

Old 11-14-2008, 04:07 PM
After all the freakin' wrecks you had it was no wonder the car was falling apart. I had an 07 MS3 and never had ONE issue with it. If you were getting as little gas mileage as you claim, you had a mUCHO heavy foot on the gas pedal. When I babied mine I got the claimed mileage and when I put my foot in it and did mostly city driving I got the lesser of the values. It was an awesome car. You should have kept it...well maybe not because you had trashed it.

Old 11-14-2008, 04:08 PM
Originally Posted by faster1

turbos require you to do one thing mainly....make sure you just don't rip and tear down the road and then roll into the driveway and shut everything down without it cooling off properly.

Old 11-14-2008, 10:59 PM
In 2007, there were stories about Mazdas with dented door panels. Seems that a well-placed kick to the door panel would unlock it. Even if they had fixed the problem, I would not have wanted this legacy so I never even considered Mazda.

Mazda 3 Break-ins - Topix

Old 11-15-2008, 01:12 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Pacedog
After all the freakin' wrecks you had it was no wonder the car was falling apart. I had an 07 MS3 and never had ONE issue with it. If you were getting as little gas mileage as you claim, you had a mUCHO heavy foot on the gas pedal. When I babied mine I got the claimed mileage and when I put my foot in it and did mostly city driving I got the lesser of the values. It was an awesome car. You should have kept it...well maybe not because you had trashed it.
LOL you talk like you somehow know me... and I find that humerous. All the wrecks I had?? I got hit at a stopsign from behind at almost no speed and had to replace the hatch and rear bumper... that effects the suspension how? Also I got into a very light fender bender that chipped the paint on the front bumper and that was about it... so again, I don't understand how you consider that beating on it. Lead foot... lol not even close. I have a bike and a VERY fast MR2 to do that kind of driving in... did I drive it "spirited" every now and then... sure, but all the time, nope, shifted most times UNDER 3k with no boost.

Mechanically... it was an awesome car... never had one problem with the motor. Interior wise, also VERY nice and very confortable. My issues were with the braking and suspension. The brake rotors ALL warped before 11k miles and most of those miles were highway driving and NOT hard driven miles. I broke the car in according to factory specs by the owners manual. Did regular synthetic oil changes, and even swapped out the transmission fluid for sythetic. Hell I even washed the car weekly and waxed it once a month. I know about the cars I purchase and I know damn well how to take care of them. Car was never turned off hot and always given AT LEAST 1-2 minutes to cool after hard drives and at least 30 seconds when I was just cruising around with no boost. THE DAY I brought the mazda home, I got underneath the rear and found MULTIPLE suspension bolts that I could unthread with my fingers. How did I know to check... mazdas247.com where I researched most of the issues that were known at the time... and there were many.

Congrats on yours having no issues... I have 2 friends that also have them and theirs have no had anywhere near as many issues as mine did. No denying it was a great car... while under warranty... I def. did not want to be owning mine after all that crap when the warranty ran out and the problems continued. Just for an FYI, I had to take Mazda to the BBB and file a huge claim so that they would fix all the problems mine had.

Again good on you for having no issues, but you can take your "all knowing" judgemental attitude and cram it. But thanks for your input.

Old 11-15-2008, 01:18 AM
5 Year Member
turbos require you to do one thing mainly....make sure you just don't rip and tear down the road and then roll into the driveway and shut everything down without it cooling off properly.
Just an FYI since you seem to know it all, the turbo in the MS3 is water cooled and requires much less cool down time then normal/traditional oil cooled turbos. Also there were people on the mazda boards that installed a turbo timer the day they got the car so it would never be turned off hot and even they ran into the turbo's having bad seals and puffing white smoke.

Old 11-15-2008, 10:48 AM
5 Year Member
If you were getting as little gas mileage as you claim, you had a mUCHO heavy foot on the gas pedal. When I babied mine I got the claimed mileage and when I put my foot in it and did mostly city driving I got the lesser of the values.
That definitely depends on the car.

I no longer baby my '08 Fit when driving. In roughly 50/50 city/highway driving, on lower gears I shift at or above 3k RPMs now, drive about 120 km/h on freeways and STILL exceed the EPA's revised (i.e. more realistic) combined MPG numbers. Heck, my combined MPG exceeds even the official highway one.

Old 11-15-2008, 10:49 AM
Congrats on the Fit!!!

Old 11-15-2008, 02:12 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TurboManGT
Congrats on the Fit!!!
Thanks!! its great so far and seeing how I have had 3 Honda's before this, I am very optimistic about having a worry free ownership.

Old 11-15-2008, 11:23 PM
congrats on your new fit and welcome back.
And hello to another mr2 enthusiast.

Old 11-16-2008, 02:12 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Kazs
congrats on your new fit and welcome back.
And hello to another mr2 enthusiast.
Thanks!

I see the front end of the MR2 in the picture, is that a Greddy front lip I see sticking out there?

Old 11-18-2008, 03:43 AM
Originally Posted by blue2turbo
Thanks!

I see the front end of the MR2 in the picture, is that a Greddy front lip I see sticking out there?
thats the aeroware lip replacement since i cracked the first one
just need to get it painted.. eventually