General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 03:33 PM
Banned
corn shops?

Old 05-01-2010, 05:57 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Gbaby2089
corn shops?
Yah we call the redneck parts shops for domestics corn shops. You know, they like to eat corn.

Old 05-01-2010, 08:00 PM
5 Year Member
Woo, picked up some chinese tonight in my FitS. Was a good drive.

I always sigh when I need to go buy dinner acting like I'm doing a great deed while I'm having fun motoring the FitS in the background. . hahaha

Old 05-02-2010, 04:10 PM
5 Year Member
no car action today. rain rain rain and more rain. maybe pull out the G tomorrow if it's nice.

i should be getting my hood damper for the Z pretty soon...

Old 05-03-2010, 06:10 PM
5 Year Member
had a day off today so pulled out my G for a nice spin.

then my CF hood dampers for my Z came in so installed in the afternoon.

adjustment made and now looks like this.

Last edited by kenchan; 05-12-2010 at 06:57 PM.
Old 05-04-2010, 12:34 PM
5 Year Member
not much car action today. drove the FitS to work. was a fun drive.

saw a new shelby driving past me. looked pretty good. but when the guy turned on his right turn signals and noticed how the tail lamp blinked in a 3 lamp sequence like a friggen 'keep right' road sign i lol'ed...

there are several things to keep away from domestic car designers, but 2 of the key items are chrome and fancy(?) turn signals. they just dont know how to use them.

Old 05-05-2010, 05:18 PM
5 Year Member
no car action today other than motoring my FitS to and from work. was a calm drive this am with no idiot drivers driving like 5mph under the speed limit. dont you hate those?

usually folks in beater cars...they drive slow on sunny days and drive fast in rainy days. makes no sense.
hope you guys have a nice evening...

Old 05-06-2010, 12:20 PM
5 Year Member
another sort of failed attempt to look cool is audi's new wavy LED's on their headlights... they look fine (not really impressed by them) while it works, but ive been seeing more and more audi's with passenger side broken/not lighting up...

and the driver probably has no idea it's broken. hahaha

keep it simple. no flashy lights that break, no merge lane construction sign lights, no fart cans.

Old 05-07-2010, 05:42 PM
5 Year Member
this am had to drive to the airport real early to catch a flight.... in a super rainy thundery condition with only 4hrs sleep. made it just fine in my FitS. coffee was soooo~~ good at 4:30am. hahaha.

hope to head home early and finish up on my Z mods.

Old 05-10-2010, 12:28 PM
5 Year Member
was a buzy sat and sun... sat was running all day errands and the FitS handled it like a champ.

this is a 3yr old car for me and still i mis-shift at times not being able to reach the shifter correctly. it's too short (even though raised by about 1"), pedals are too close, steering wheel too far. even though i have the steering wheel set like 1" from the original location towards me, my legs are still too long and arms too short. otherwise the car does well.

i hop into my G or Z and the pedal location, steering, knob is in perfect harmony with driving position. im like aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh~ so relaxing. never had issues with mis-shifting on either car. i need to get a new dd pretty soon cause ive been having these shin cramps from time to time when driving in congestion due to the pedals being so close.

Old 05-12-2010, 07:00 PM
5 Year Member
can't believe wed is already over. tis been a super busy week this week. more family stuff this week for me as our usual kid's care taker is out of town.

not much car action but been doing all the household stuff in my FitS. still haven't gotten the front bearing fixed and i need to do that later on this month.

also need to do the G's smog check again...got a note from the state requesting me to take her in. craps. just a hassle for me cause i know it'll pass.

Old 05-13-2010, 01:29 PM
5 Year Member
no car action today. going to download the newest maps in the nuvi in prep for the weekend drive.

too many construction going on i need to find alternate routes.

Old 05-14-2010, 05:15 PM
5 Year Member
was driving behind the sissy version 09-10 STI (the werd looking round wrx hatch) this am to work. looked like this asian kid just got his blow-off valve or something cause he was blowing past everyone. hahahaha.

it's like the first 2 seconds i could keep up in my FitS, but as soon as his turbo spooled he pulled away like he had after burners or something. it was no contest for the FitS. i should get me one of those but the version for guys (STI).

Old 05-17-2010, 12:25 PM
5 Year Member
over the weekend i check if any of the local stores had STI's in-stock... they're out of hatches. not sure but subaru may have even stopped producing them since the new sti's are all sedans.

anyway, i dont care too much... i keep thinking they will breakdown like my old 02WRX i had back when they were first introduced into the US.

as of now, i think i may need to part away from wagons for my next ride and consider sedans if i decide to change dd's next year. but im thinking by the that time my younger kid will be able to buckle himself in the child seat (or at least my older kid can help him) and that would mean i can just use my G35C.

Old 05-18-2010, 04:42 PM
5 Year Member
there's been several police cars following my FitS lately as there's another poorly modded silver Fit with a fart can that started lurking around our town several weeks ago. im thinking they want to pull him over. pretty annoying.

the cops drive behind me, then next to me, roll their windows down for a few blocks, then follow me for a couple more blocks and move on. this has been going on the last 2wks.

Old 05-20-2010, 04:14 PM
5 Year Member
its been getting warmer and warmer and now my FitS is getting slower and slower with heatsoak and a/c running. hahahaha.

got my 2nd garmin today. will use one on my G and the other one in my Z.

Old 05-20-2010, 10:40 PM
5 Year Member
here's a bracket i bought from amazon. it has the bracket and USB plug and i just stick the bracket into the power socket. i modded the socket side a little bit to make it a very tight fit so it doesn't shake.

Old 05-21-2010, 11:51 AM
5 Year Member
so this am the FitS was full of gas, driving in humid warm conditions, and the throttle was mush. hahaha. man this car really sucks arse in the summer time as far as performance.

but when i pumped gas i was full at maybe $25 (not completely empty). but the jaguar guy that was pumping gas was like over $50.

Old 05-21-2010, 02:44 PM
5 Year Member
moment of truth tomorrow to try out that nuvi bracket in motion in my G.

also going to put my older kid's recaro booster seat in my G tonight and see how it fits.

looks like a warm weekend for us. might wash the dd's... want to play some t-ball with the kids.
going to motor my Z early sunday.

Old 05-24-2010, 03:17 PM
5 Year Member
got a chance to try out that nuvi bracket in my G. pretty good! not only is it a very clean install, it doesnt' shake nearly as i thought it would while motoring so it's a go.

hopped in my FitS this am to motor to work, man it was sluggish with the temps and humidity. not looking forward to my drive home.

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?