General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 01:18 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
hey tanuki! thx for the tip. i hve the refill, just havent had the time to install it.

Old 01-22-2010, 04:54 PM
5 Year Member
looks like im going to get my car washed this weekend! (rain... hahaha )

Old 01-23-2010, 09:50 AM
5 Year Member
Woo! we're expecting 39F today. . man, if it wasn't for the rain I wouldve pulled out both my Z and G for a quick mid-hibernation break spin. . Hahaha.

The roads are actually not too salty. Oh wellz.

Old 01-24-2010, 01:16 AM
5 Year Member
swapped out the rear wiper refill today. cant wait to try it out maybe tomorrow.

oh yah, remind me i need to add washer fluid on both FitS's... keep forgetting..

Old 01-24-2010, 06:05 PM
5 Year Member
Remembered to add washer fluid on both FitS's.

Checked oil levels too.

Old 01-24-2010, 09:34 PM
Ken,

I figured I'd give you a quick update on the steering wheel/SRS saga, I got it! I received the 2 resistors in the mail yesterday and installed today. They actually fit into the connector too loose so I cut 4 tiny pieces of solid metal wire and put a piece into each opening of the connector. I then put the resistors in and they fit nice and tight. After all that, I did the airbag reset trick and so far so good.....finally!!!

Old 01-25-2010, 01:43 PM
5 Year Member
hey sounds good! yah, i suppose you could bend the wires back to make them twice as thick and push them into the holes too. just have to be ready to try something when you're modding, huh? hahaha.

good job!

Old 01-26-2010, 01:57 PM
5 Year Member
got some gas in my FitS today... that's about all. super cold out side....brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!! was hoping to get a carwash with the fillup but too cold.

so, i still havent washed either one of the FitS's since thanksgiving last year. hahaha.

Old 01-27-2010, 01:24 PM
5 Year Member
not much car action today.... just looking forward to the drive home.. too much crappage to take care at work. falling behind farther and farther and farther and...

Old 01-28-2010, 03:24 PM
5 Year Member
im all caught up.

spring is around the corner! well, not really yet. want to pull out my G and Z for a spin. will see wat they say next tues day (ground hog day).

Old 01-29-2010, 02:50 PM
5 Year Member
hummmm.... tasty...

damn it, another reason to sell the car. hahahahah.

Honda Fit Fire Recall: 646,000 Cars Globally, 140,000 In U.S. - The Car Connection

Old 01-29-2010, 04:50 PM
5 Year Member
as a temporary solution while we wait for the GD to get its recall done, i think it would make sense to proactively REMOVE THE POWER WINDOW FUSE from the fusebox located under the steering column just to be safe.

last thing i need is everything that i own burning up in flames while im asleep or something.. well, that's replaceable, my kid's bed room is just above where my cars are so makes sense. and ive not opened the windows since thanksgiving anyway. hahahaha.

Old 01-30-2010, 10:06 AM
5 Year Member
You know I was thinking about removing that power window fuse but if they say fire can start at any time, its not the power window circuit (cause its a switched circurt meaning no function while ignition is in OFF position) but the constant 12V going to the switch panel (for the door locks too).
So I got lazy and parked my car in front of my neighbor down the steet who I don't like's house.

Old 01-31-2010, 10:54 AM
5 Year Member
Not much car action today. Yesterday I checked up on my Z and G and turned its tires as a routine every 30days. Checked psi and I'm all good.

Hope Spring is around the corner...

Old 01-31-2010, 07:08 PM
what's up?

Hey Ken,

How are you? Just wanted to drop you a line and say thanks for the rims. I mounted my old 15" winter tires before this season and the car looked and handled great.

I see you got yourself the new 370Z... AWESOME choice! Great car! I'm actually looking at getting a second car this spring/summer hopefully. Not sure yet what... either the 'speed Miata or S2k if I go drop top or possibly a 350Z if I go with a coupe... possibly others don't know yet. Looking at around $15k or so. Any other suggestions you could add?

Well hope all is well with you and the fam.

Talk to ya later!

Nirmit

Old 01-31-2010, 09:32 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by shukes24
Hey Ken,

How are you? Just wanted to drop you a line and say thanks for the rims. I mounted my old 15" winter tires before this season and the car looked and handled great.

I see you got yourself the new 370Z... AWESOME choice! Great car! I'm actually looking at getting a second car this spring/summer hopefully. Not sure yet what... either the 'speed Miata or S2k if I go drop top or possibly a 350Z if I go with a coupe... possibly others don't know yet. Looking at around $15k or so. Any other suggestions you could add?

Well hope all is well with you and the fam.

Talk to ya later!

Nirmit
Hey Nirmit, great to hear from you.

Good to hear those wheels worked out. Thanks again for buying that wheel set.

Thanks, yah got the Z last August and its a nice ride.

As for other hard tops not sure, have you looked at any G35C's? I saw a few listings over at Carmax for 04's a few weeks ago and they were going for like $17-18K with about 50K miles or so.

If you're interested in mine we can work out a price. I can't sell it at $15K though.

Ideally I want $20K for it (includes everything) since its in almost new condition but we can work out a price if you're interested. The car has about 25K miles. I only drove it 3K miles last year and I know this year my motoring will heavily be on the Z.

If you don't want it no sweat. I was planning on adding a dvd HU this Spring and use it as my summer time dd.

Last edited by kenchan; 02-16-2010 at 09:11 AM.
Old 01-31-2010, 10:04 PM
Talking

Originally Posted by kenchan
Hey Nirmit, great to hear from you.

Good to hear those wheels worked out. Thanks again for buying that wheel set.

Thanks, yah got the Z last August and its a nice ride.

As for other hard tops not sure, have you looked at any G35C's? I saw a few listings over at Carmax for 04's a few weeks ago and they were going for like $17-18K with about 50K miles or so.

If you're interested in mine we can work out a price. I can't sell it at $15K though.

Ideally I want $20K for it (includes everything) since its in almost new condition but we can work out a price if you're interested. The car has about 25K miles. I only drove it 3K miles last year and I know this year my motoring will heavily be on the Z.

If you don't want it no sweat. I was planning on adding a dvd HU this Spring and use it as my summer time dd.
hadn't really thought about the G35Cs as I figured they were out of my price range. i would LOVE to buy your G, but not sure if the wifey will let me expand my price range. your car is worth every penny of what you end up selling it at, but i'll try real hard to sell her on it

(will need to wait on the refund check too :P )

how would you compare the two (G35C vs 370Z)?

Old 01-31-2010, 11:01 PM
5 Year Member
hadn't really thought about the G35Cs as I figured they were out of my price range. i would LOVE to buy your G, but not sure if the wifey will let me expand my price range. your car is worth every penny of what you end up selling it at, but i'll try real hard to sell her on it

(will need to wait on the refund check too :P )

how would you compare the two (G35C vs 370Z)?
congrats on getting married!

with the G35C i guess you dont have to worry too much about expanding your family either since it has rear seats.

yah, my G is very well kept so you probably wont find a cleaner one. there's not one night it spent outside since i bought it, actually. it doesn't know what a supermarket or shopping mall parking lot is and it definitely doesn't know what snow is either.

the G35C and 370Z are similar yet different animals. between the two the Z is sportier but the G is still a very sporty car. especially how i have the suspension setup on mine, it's very informative yet not harsh or bumpy.

the Z is kind of a nervous car with its aggressive gearing and quick steering/short wheel base. you have to be more in-tune with the car while motoring. the G is a lot easier to drive and feels more composed. it's easy to make the car go fast and smooth without really trying. and the nice classy appearance and beautiful exhaust note makes it a joy to own.

Old 02-01-2010, 01:33 PM
thanks Ken still getting used to having a roommate

how does the car feel in terms of size? is it a "big" or "heavy"car. my dad used to have an old 1993 lexus sc300 which felt a little big to me. i really like the size of the genesis coupe which reminds me a lot of the G35C but in a smaller package... although i'd prefer the looks of the G35C

if you have pics and detail of the car can you send them to me in an email? shukes24atcomcastdotnet

Old 02-02-2010, 01:00 AM
5 Year Member
thanks Ken still getting used to having a roommate

how does the car feel in terms of size? is it a "big" or "heavy"car. my dad used to have an old 1993 lexus sc300 which felt a little big to me. i really like the size of the genesis coupe which reminds me a lot of the G35C but in a smaller package... although i'd prefer the looks of the G35C

if you have pics and detail of the car can you send them to me in an email?
yah, i will send you some picts. there's a few in my albums page here too to get you started.

initially the G35C felt heavy... the reason for that was because the car rolled quite a bit and had trouble planting throttle mid-turn in stock form so it didnt feel like a part of my body.

after countless trial and error with suspension setup and alignment, and getting familiar with the car, i found a great setting. still rolls a tad through turns just enough to put weight on the outer wheels and not over burden the tires, but the car does not feels heavy at all...

if you're talking about the physical size, yes, it is MUCH wider and longer than the Lude or WRX or MINI or Civic or Fit so it will feel physically big especially when parking in a garage. but vs performance it is all relative. considering the bigger and wider tires and wheels, the bigger brembo brakes, more power and torque, the car is definitely fast and very capable.

if you want a fun sports car in the price range you noted, i would definitely get the S2000.

but if you want a classy touring car to enjoy motoring, my G35C is a better choice.

i dont know much about the genesis. it just looks like a poorman's G35C and hyundai so i dont think i could really luv the car as a hobby car. just not authentic enough for me. almost like a eclipse or something..

Last edited by kenchan; 02-02-2010 at 08:01 AM. Reason: Removed email addy. :)

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?