General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 04:03 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
so during lunch today i motored over to guitarcenter in my FitS to check out that SV1 keyboard which i wanted to do yesterday................................... nope.

again the store didnt have any in-stock. their brick store sucks. they only put out sale items (useless cause i can find them cheaper online) and existing/older models on the show room floor. everything new and high value are online-only. not that i was going to buy at their store anyway. i can get a better price online delivered to my house.

the clerk tells you 'hey yo watz up kent (kent? ), havent seen for a while. *fist bump* i can get em' in en a coupla days if you're enteristed.'

ummmm....that means i need to carry my very busy arse back to your store again. not going to happen, at best i would go to sam-ash after work and try it there.

but, i ended up ordering up the classic electric piano expansion board (ARX02) with modeled pickup/preamp/speaker for my fantom at my usual online store. should have some nice old fashioned EP sounds in my hands tomorrow night. i guess the plus with this approach is that i can use the same keybed im familiar with (my G8's keys are the best out on the market for synths beside my VPiano) and i dont have to make extra room in my music room for the new board.

Old 12-21-2009, 05:29 PM
5 Year Member
oh yah forgot to mention earlier... this am i got into my FitS and started up the engine. the last time i drove it was Friday after work. i scraped off some of the ice yesterday while i was digging out my other FitS for the wife.

there was light snow coverage on the windshield this am so without scraping it with my window ice scraper, i just hit the stalk for the wiper hoping the blades would just wipe it off.

all i got was a little movement of the blades and that was it...meaning, the blades were stuck on the glass due to ice. so i turned off the wiper, got outside and gently hit the driver side blade using my window scraper handle as i usually do (parallel to the glass pushing the blade towards the engine) to break off the ice. then suddenly my wiper started moving... oy, my wipers weren't off afterall.

i was kinda happy and confused by this... since the fuse did not blow.

i suppose it's a good thing that the fuse didnt blow while the blades were trying to work through the ice cause it can be an inconvenience if i was in no man's land at night possibly without a flashlight to change the fuse.

but since i didn't realize the wiper stalk was not in the off position, i couldve blown out the motor.

Old 12-21-2009, 09:59 PM
5 Year Member
Woo, got some serious winterage coming our way... I might take a early leave on Wed from work and call it a day (or year since it's our last day).

Hope I can make it to work on Wed morning... lol

Old 12-22-2009, 08:49 AM
5 Year Member
Oh dang, looks like ima gonna need to pull out the snowbrum. Its all white outside.

Don't want to go to work in this but I must because my expboard for my instrument is arriving work today. and wife made me guratin for lunch.

Old 12-22-2009, 12:24 PM
5 Year Member
so this am coming to work was a task... most of the roads were okay until the entrance to our corporate park.... damn was it slippery. snow on top of ice. hahaha.

i was going less than 15mph trying to turn and nothing...just went straight.
i turned the steering full lock to see if i can get at least a hint of lateral G... nothing... let off the brake (crappy abs so didn't do anything to slow the car down), so yanking on the e-brake to compensate for the understeer didnt do crap either. anyway i didnt crash or anything but just let the car engine brake enough that i could get some grip...which was like less than 5mph. hahaha.

saw other cars like tercels and other pos tohyata's crashing into the median missing their right turns.

Old 12-22-2009, 04:35 PM
5 Year Member
looks like our town is caught up with the snow plowing. i hope it stays this way since we're expecting MORE snow tonight and tomorrow...

man i want to try to muscle through the next 2 months with my current set of tires. hahahaha.

Old 12-23-2009, 12:04 PM
5 Year Member
accidentally did a clutch dump in 4th gear today thanks to my snow boots. lol man my car's going to fall apart before i sell it next year...

oh? next year? really? i dont even have the next car selected yet. hahaha

in other news, i tried out that expansion board in my fantom-g8 and it is awesome! luv the classic electric piano sounds. it models all the mechanical noises too so it sound extremely real. going to play with it a lot more during my holiday break for sure.

Old 12-23-2009, 05:29 PM
5 Year Member
yay... got like 3" of snow to drive through tonight.

not sure if im going to be 'driving' or 'sledding' my way home into a tree or light pole but wish me luck that i dont hit a fixed object.

Old 12-24-2009, 11:10 AM
5 Year Member
May make me sound dumb, but can you please explain on how do you exactly "dump the clutch"? Thanks!

Old 12-24-2009, 03:12 PM
5 Year Member
its just... letting go of the clutch all the way, not easing it in. Makes the car catch very suddenly and violently.

Hey ken, would you ever consider helping me with some music? haha i write lyrics once in a while but it's tough trying to make music to go with it i have this R&B song i wrote like over a year ago i never touched and recently i wrote a doo-wop/oldies kinda tune but same scenario. Maybe i could show it to you and see if anything could be done? lol sorry im always trying to find musicians i can work with

Old 12-24-2009, 05:21 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by onemiglandicho
May make me sound dumb, but can you please explain on how do you exactly "dump the clutch"? Thanks!
Hehe, typically just rev high with clutch-in and clutch-out quickly.

You're 'dumping the flywheel's full inertia onto the clutch all at once' is shortened to "dumping the clutch.".

Originally Posted by accordguyintake

Hey ken, would you ever consider helping me with some music? haha i write lyrics once in a while but it's tough trying to make music to go with it i have this R&B song i wrote like over a year ago i never touched and recently i wrote a doo-wop/oldies kinda tune but same scenario. Maybe i could show it to you and see if anything could be done? lol sorry im always trying to find musicians i can work with
Yah, sorry, but I don't make music for anyone but myself so I won't be able to help you there. but, you might be able to find someone at youtube that might be looking for a vocalist?

Basically I only do contemporary jazz/new age instrumentals. And the last 5 months I haven't been composing but rather just practicing piano since my VPiano is so damn dynamic and full of character it's a waste not to play it.

Old 12-24-2009, 08:16 PM
5 Year Member
Happy holidays, everyone! Merry christmas for santa believers.

Wife made us crab dinner, was fantastic.

Old 12-24-2009, 08:43 PM
Retired Moderator
You dont have to be a santa beliver to get wished a merry christmas?

Old 12-25-2009, 11:26 AM
5 Year Member
Here's what I got this am:

Old 12-25-2009, 08:42 PM
5 Year Member
Went up to 43F today, pretty crazy considering all the snowage earlier this week. Melted about 3/4 of the snow outside.

More snow expected sat and sun... So looks like no go for motoring or much of anything car related outdoors.

I suppose its good cause I'm saving up $200+/month for gas alone for running the hobby cars. In comparison I use probably $50/month on my daily driver FitS. hahaha

... So more piano playing and building lego's. going to look at some studio furniture I want to add in my music room...

Old 12-26-2009, 01:36 AM
5 Year Member
Ok gotcha on that one. Thank you for explaining and have fun putting the lego together!!!

Old 12-26-2009, 08:54 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TOOL
You dont have to be a santa beliver to get wished a merry christmas?
Only if you're good! hahahaha.

So watcha get?

Old 12-26-2009, 08:57 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by onemiglandicho
Ok gotcha on that one. Thank you for explaining and have fun putting the lego together!!!

No problem! My kit in the pict above has like 1100pcs so it might take me like a while. hahahahaha

Wife also gave us 3 little lego bags we can get filled with free lego bricks! .

Old 12-26-2009, 04:14 PM
5 Year Member
so we got like 8-9" or so of snow this am... which is nothing compared to the other part of the country by oh well.

i just got done snowbruming my FitS and by the time i was done it was once again covered in snow.

Old 12-26-2009, 05:04 PM
5 Year Member
kind of an old pict, but here are the flatstoppers in action under my Z's wheels.

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?