General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 09:16 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Got the cars winterized. finally got to do what I wanted to do the entire holiday, actually.

Finally I feel refreshed. motoring the Z was very exciting and relaxing at the same time today too.

Went to the office the last 2hrs. Was kind of a slow day so didn't miss anything...well, had the bb on the entire time.

Will be very busy again tomorrow. We're expecting some snowage tomorrow too... Will see how that Fusion tire does in the snow. Hahaha. .

Old 12-02-2009, 01:54 PM
5 Year Member
need to get a hair cut today after work.

while motoring yesterday, i think i saw someone driving my old 98 honda prelude. it had the bodykit and everything still... in white diamond pearl. even today those Gen5's look pretty modern. that was one of the best honda's ive owned.

hey tanuki, anything new with your car?

Old 12-02-2009, 06:12 PM
Since I wrote last I changed my springs back to my Aero Speeds (T1rs bottoming in sharp turns) put back my stock front sway bar (Aero Speeds far from bottoming) and put in an aluminum pulley and got fake Mugen pedals to practice left foot braking.

Oh, Happy Holidays!! I think I gained 10 pounds already.....

Last edited by tanukifit; 12-02-2009 at 06:14 PM.
Old 12-03-2009, 01:53 PM
5 Year Member
huh, new springs? coool. those T1's dampers are adjustable, right? should be able to dial-in real nicely.

thanks happy belated thanksgiving. yah, those turkeys make me sleeeepy...

been kinda tired lately. too much workage and overtime... got a headache today too. hahaha....

Old 12-03-2009, 06:34 PM
When I helped my friend put in his Skunk2 coil overs I realized I needed to upgrade my suspension a little to keep up with him in autocross so I bought these cheap Aero Speeds from a local shop. 1 inch drop all around it turned out to be a really good performer but, a little to stiff for the stock dampers (mild secondary bounce).

So, I was just going to buy the T1R adjustable damper and found that with springs it was just 80 bucks more so what the hay. At the same time I bought Bridgestone RE01Rs. The next event first hairpin turn I cranked the wheel and the car still went straight. Damn, I thought it must be the tires. I put back my Federal 595rs and next event it was a little better but still understeered. Then MiniFit took a picture of me almost bottomed out going into the turn and I thought maybe the thicker sway bar would help. It did but not enough on sweepers and decreasing radius turns it would understeer.

Last event with Aero speeds and Blox sway bar my car felt great the car breaks in a neutral drift but still not like when I had the springs alone so, off came the Blox sway bar. I'm hoping that's it......

Last edited by tanukifit; 12-03-2009 at 06:37 PM.
Old 12-03-2009, 11:22 PM
5 Year Member
looks like you've been very busy tanuki. sounds like you're at the limit for the
open diff. consider LSD? my endura-techs are pretty soft and i can turn
very quick. had one of those little volvo wagons tailgating me so took a quick
left turn at about max of the FitS and he dissappeared from my rearview mirror...
actually i saw him understeer real bad. hahahaha.

i havent done anything to my FitS for a while... my clutch shudder is pretty bad in this cold weather. pretty annoying.

Old 12-05-2009, 01:17 PM
5 Year Member
been a busy crazy week. im glad it's over. ive turned off my bb for the weekend. worked waaay too much overtime already so i dont want to even see my phone.

so this am took my G out to motor with its stock wheels and tires. the tires are
pilot sport a/s and they grip pretty well even at sub-freezing temps. i dont
like getting bogged down by traction control so turned it off and i felt the rear
loosing grip in some areas of the drive, but not bad at all.

had some cheezy mazda following me from behind, pretty annoying kids. i
switched lanes and just slowed down. too tired to play with them. hahaha

when it got back pressured up my Z's tires to 41psi @42F inside the garage and
put the car on flatstoppers. the radius was a pretty good fit for the tires.
was kind of a task finding the jack points of the Z. car is at stock height but
seems much lower than my lowered G. so my Z is in hibernation mode now
since there's salt on the roads.

going to pull out my G again tomorrow.

Old 12-06-2009, 09:02 AM
5 Year Member
According to weatherchannel today might be the last motoring day for my G as well... Expecting snow this week for 4 days and temps dropping to the teens at week's end.

So, going to fill her up again after the drive, give her a nice QD session with SprayOn wax, pressure up the tires by another 5psi, and put the cover on her.

Old 12-06-2009, 01:32 PM
5 Year Member
motored my G this am, was a great drive. :razz: didn't encounter any annoying kids
today so that was all good. one guy tailgated me on a rural road while there was a
car infront of me that was slowing me down. so not sure wat the hell that was but i
gave him a stare through my rearview and he got my point.

cleaned up the G and pressured up the tires... waiting for the tires to get back to
ambient temp to do the final adjustment before wrapping her up for the sleep.

Old 12-07-2009, 01:57 PM
5 Year Member
yah, snowed this am and had a chance to drive the fusion tires in the wet. not deep snow but just wet and kinda slushy condition with road salt. not bad, grips much better than the pos ziex512's which i ran last year.

but these are only comparable to better a/s tires in the snow, i thinks. im still
undecided if im going to get snow tires or get a new car...

Old 12-08-2009, 12:37 PM
5 Year Member
more snow this am. the Fusion tires did okay for the slush, but once i got into un-plowed snow completely lost grip. hahaha. so, i'll need to decide quickly if im going to get snows or just drive them as is or just get a new car or...

Old 12-08-2009, 08:48 PM
5 Year Member
Made it home in one piece...was a blizzard out there... did the 2nd gear take off and 2K upshifts. Wasn't too bad after a while.

The only time it was pretty scary was when this a-hole came into my lane and suddenly slowed down to make a left turn. My ABS went crazy and car wouldn't slow down at all so downshifted 2 gears. Wheew.

Sometimes you want to have the ability to just turn off ABS. It's hyperactive at times. . Hahahaha

did a few arse draggin' drifts when I got to my neighborhood.

Old 12-09-2009, 10:28 AM
5 Year Member
the drive this am wasn't bad. luckily i had a snow plow truck driving infront of me so it was well shoveled.

Old 12-09-2009, 01:23 PM
Retired Moderator
Hey Ken! How you been?
Picking up my 2006 WRX on Friday. Ill let you know how i like it. First Subie for me.

Old 12-09-2009, 01:34 PM
5 Year Member
hey TOOL! wow congrats.

huh, the one i had was a 02WRX with mods so dont have experience between 03 and 08, but i think you'll like the acceleration and grip..massive grip.

Old 12-09-2009, 09:06 PM
5 Year Member
anyone know where the fuse is for the abs? i need to disable it cause that circuit over-reacts too much in the snow and man did i almost crash to a f-king saturn suv tonight.

did a sideway drift to stop in time. i had like 4 car lengths but by the time i was under 2 car lengths and barely slowed down from 30mph, i downshifted again 2 gears, slightly turned the steering wheel, and this time yanked the e-brake to sliiiiide. hahahaha.

Old 12-10-2009, 08:12 AM
5 Year Member
Yah, 1F this am... Hope my FitS's battery is still functional... . Hahaha

And i hope the car is not frozen onto the driveway. I've had this happen at work where I could literally not move out of my parking spot. well, eventually I did rocking the car (tires) back and forth.

Old 12-11-2009, 12:02 PM
5 Year Member
was pretty warm this am at 15F so no scraper shattering today. hahahaha.

gave my wife one those key de-icers for her locking gas cap.

i checked tirerack yesterday but they dont have steelies... dang it, which means i need to pull out my old DR21's i painted from the basement and take it locally to get it wrapped in snows... if i decide to go that route. hahahaha. december's almost over which means i only got like 2 more months to worry about snow... so i might just wing it via my Fusions. i have a lot of vac and sick time left, right?

Old 12-11-2009, 04:32 PM
5 Year Member
hey, got some xmas money from work so i think i might use that towards my G's HU...

... or not. hahahahaha.

Old 12-12-2009, 09:40 AM
5 Year Member
Not much car things going on today... Taking out the FitS to run some errands this am and that's about it.

Playing my vpiano most of the day.

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?