General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 08:26 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Didn't rain this week so no need to do any car washing this weekend.

Today, I'm pulling out the Z this am and then going to wireup that LED on the GE. Might pull out the G this pm. Not sure. Need to rest...been kinda under the weather the last few days.

Hope you guys are having a good sat.

Old 09-12-2009, 02:51 PM
5 Year Member
Hey, installed the LED in the GE. will post up more images later.

Old 09-12-2009, 04:22 PM
5 Year Member
went motoring in my Z this am and took one of my predetermined off-camber dip + bump + patch paved test course (just a pos expressway exit ramp that i use for testing suspension setup) to see how well it could take the turns vs my old
benchmark (modded 2003 cooper-s).

while taking the turn i was like, hummm... i need to go faster or i wont catch up to
my old MINI's speed. as i looked at the speedo, i was already going at the MINI's
cornering speed. hahaha. LOL

so, test complete. it's a fast cornering car in stock form.

Old 09-13-2009, 08:43 AM
5 Year Member
So last night it was real nice out so was taking a stroll...down the street I saw this lowered FitSport parked at the visitor's lot. Was like nice car...I get closer to it and realized it was mine. hahahaha. Was really out of it yesterday... Forgot that I parked my car there. LOL

Pretty much a repeat of yesterday for today. Going to pull out the Z.

I took a look at the LED on the GE. It illumiates fine, but I need to get nother LED in there due to the color. RadioShack's "blue" LED varies in color sometimes. The one in the car has more of a green hue and looks ikky.

Old 09-13-2009, 11:58 AM
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
^ That's funny, dude! "Hey, that's a nice FitS!" [sees own stuff in car] "Ohhhh, that's MY car!!!!"

LOLOL

Old 09-13-2009, 01:13 PM
5 Year Member
hahaha. yah, i guess my mods have good taste. hahaha.

went out motoring my Z today, got back, used some Griot's SprayOn Wax to clean
up the car. the spray is so slippery it takes off bugs and tar REAL easily and does not
whiten any of the plastic/rubber bits...infact, it nurishes them. and keeps the
finish very slick so dust does not settle on the paint. the product doesn't last
very long in rain so i recommend this for your garage queens.

for dd's, i use Prima Hydro. stuff is great.

Old 09-14-2009, 11:01 AM
5 Year Member
So yesterday late afternoon I was motoring my G minding my own business. Saw a red GTR with mods on it and it looked nice. I pass next to him since my lane had less traffic. As I pass it, he/she revs its engine like I was suppose to acknowledge its existence.

So I ignore it since honestly, I don't care about other people's cars. Nice car, congrats to you.

As traffic was merging in front of us everyone including me was letting one car in, in an orderly fashion except the GTR pulled up next to me from behind tryed to cut me off. Was like WTF are you doing driving a nice car but being a ricor?!

Its one thing to have a nice car, but it does not automatically make you any better than anyone else, especially not me. So I just opened the throttle a tad and made sure he/she did not get confused as to what orderly fashion meant.

Have to say the car looks like a tank on the streets.

Old 09-14-2009, 12:37 PM
5 Year Member
so here's that picture of the GE's LED dot... lol wife said it looks kinda cute. she'll let me know later if she wants to go with just a white LED. the blue is kinda greenish in person.

if i redo it, im going to sand off the tip of the LED to make that dot less dotty... lol

Old 09-14-2009, 05:58 PM
5 Year Member
i think my commute home is going to be a biotch...one of the major highways i need to cross is getting a new layer of asphalt and they recently grooved it out...which means, there is a
huge 3" bump when you cross the grooves at like 5mph...

there is going to be much congestion... i thinks. good thing i have a decent stereo to listen to... hahaha.

Old 09-14-2009, 07:00 PM
5 Year Member
Wooo, got home without too much congestion. was a nice drive too.

Also got my stubby 8GB usb drive for my Z's HU. going to load up some (a lot of)tracks in there.

Old 09-14-2009, 09:53 PM
5 Year Member
bought some mp3's through amazon as well.

placed an order for the JWT dual intake for my Z. it's only a moderate advertised 6.5-10whp gain but it's a short ram and easy to install. been running their popcharger in my G the last 3yrs+ with no issue so the familiarity and having the safety margin before the ECU needs a reflash is the primary reasons for my decision.

was also checking out the Injen CAI but im not too fond of the urinal flushing sound. lol wooosh! wooooosh!

also waiting on one of the nissan stores to get back to me on getting the aluminum
pedals off the Touring models. should have it all installed by end of this month.
will see how loud the pop chargers make my car... if i still want more noise i'll get
the 5Zigen exhaust. probably the best sounding one yet.

Old 09-15-2009, 12:35 PM
5 Year Member
get to work this week and everyone's asking about my white car...
ken, where it go? dont you have a white one too? lol

yah, the white is my 09. but my wife uses it 99% of
the time. i might drive it this weekend just to cruise around
town.

i need to replace my wiper refills soon. i have the replacements,
just havent installed them yet. that and also need to check
for that 'tab' in the rear fender that's eating into my rear
sidewalls at full load (aftermarket wheels/tires).

Old 09-15-2009, 01:54 PM
5 Year Member
got some brake quiet. thought they came with plastic wrap on the top... hummmm... had the teen clerk tape the lid for me.

Old 09-15-2009, 05:05 PM
5 Year Member
i feel like this right now: waaaaaaaa~~!!!

hahahahaha need to get in my FitS and motor home sooon...but wait, i need to stop by to pickup some groceries... ...

Old 09-16-2009, 09:44 AM
5 Year Member
I think I've been too easy on the FitS's gas because I'm noticing a loss of responsiveness at low RPM.

The last few days been driving a tad slower than usual (kinda cruising mode) and the ecu seems to have adapted to that economy driving mode.

Kept punching the gas many times this am to try to get it back to the aggressive driving map and slowly the resonsiveness is returning. btw, no, I'm not speeding; its just the quick pickup that I want.

Old 09-16-2009, 02:06 PM
5 Year Member
hey my intakes for the Z came in. will install it tonight....hopefully ill have some time to test drive it too.

Old 09-16-2009, 03:56 PM
Retired Moderator
Wooooo! Thats going to awesome Ken!

Old 09-16-2009, 04:09 PM
Originally Posted by kenchan
I think I've been too easy on the FitS's gas because I'm noticing a loss of responsiveness at low RPM.

The last few days been driving a tad slower than usual (kinda cruising mode) and the ecu seems to have adapted to that economy driving mode.

Kept punching the gas many times this am to try to get it back to the aggressive driving map and slowly the resonsiveness is returning. btw, no, I'm not speeding; its just the quick pickup that I want.
I think your getting spoiled from V6 power......... Don't flame me but I got this Neo Socket from CVS pharmacy it's like a mini voltage stabilizer. Put one in my wife's car instant 3 mpg gain and response seems better. Got one in the fit and I swear it feels like the ecu went into the aggressive drive map. A couple of my clients went to get it too and all get better mpg and say it feels like the car got more peppy. Try em money back guarantee. Mini tried it said no voltage or any change on his scan gauge so he returned it. I say it's more like an ac spike filter more than a voltage stabilizer. Any how, it truly works.

Oh, btw it has a nice blue led nicer than that blue dot. just joking...

Last edited by tanukifit; 09-16-2009 at 04:14 PM. Reason: forgot something
Old 09-16-2009, 05:02 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TOOL
Wooooo! Thats going to awesome Ken!
yah, should sound real nice. looking at the dyno
plots one of the shops did, the increases are pretty
linear across the rpm band so it should feel very
smooth like stock.

Originally Posted by tanukifit
I think your getting spoiled from V6 power......... Don't flame me but I got this Neo Socket from CVS pharmacy it's like a mini voltage stabilizer. Put one in my wife's car instant 3 mpg gain and response seems better. Got one in the fit and I swear it feels like the ecu went into the aggressive drive map. A couple of my clients went to get it too and all get better mpg and say it feels like the car got more peppy. Try em money back guarantee. Mini tried it said no voltage or any change on his scan gauge so he returned it. I say it's more like an ac spike filter more than a voltage stabilizer. Any how, it truly works.

Oh, btw it has a nice blue led nicer than that blue dot. just joking...
neo socket, huh? i'll have to check that out. hey,
my wife likes that blue dottage.

Old 09-16-2009, 05:15 PM
5 Year Member
Neo Socket - save gas milage. reduce fuel consumption. fuel conservation product.

looks like xmas lights. hahaha. you telling me this bulb looks better than my dottage?

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?