General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 10:45 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
thanks!

Old 09-08-2009, 05:59 PM
5 Year Member
washed my 08 today and lookin' good. i took some people over to the airport the other day with a ton of luggage. to my surprise my rear tires rubbed on each huge bump/dip.

outside sidewall took a good scraping. i think im going to need to roll the rear fender a tad and touch it up before winter. paint's missing at the lip of the fender bend. lol

hey got this stubby USB drive today at bestbuy. im going to be using it on my Z's new HU. wanted a 8GB but they only had 2GB in this size. it's in the digital camera section. next time im going to search online for a no-branded one with the same shape and larger capacity.

Old 09-08-2009, 07:47 PM
5 Year Member
if anyone's looking for the stubby 8GB, found it on ebay. it's basically the same thing and much cheaper.

Last edited by kenchan; 09-08-2009 at 09:30 PM. Reason: found a better deal
Old 09-08-2009, 09:31 PM
5 Year Member
went motoring in my FitS tonight and it was a nice drive. it's pretty cool out about 65F and perfect for driving. engine was pulling nicely and everything just felt right.

i think all car enthusiasts should have at least one FitS. hahaha.

Old 09-08-2009, 10:31 PM
Originally Posted by kenchan
washed my 08 today and lookin' good. i took some people over to the airport the other day with a ton of luggage. to my surprise my rear tires rubbed on each huge bump/dip.

outside sidewall took a good scraping. i think im going to need to roll the rear fender a tad and touch it up before winter. paint's missing at the lip of the fender bend. lol
Your setup not supposed to scrape? Before the tire touches the lip it will scrape the tab that connects the bumper to the fender. You can push this tab up to give you 2-3mms just don't push it to high and push the screw into your fender. You can also tug slightly at the fender pulling it out a couple mms. That fender rolling stuff bulged my fender a little. ( I wish I never let that guy do my car )

Old 09-08-2009, 10:39 PM
I finally found some adjustable links from a company on ebay (Powergrind Inc.) Adjusted the 24mm sway bar a little higher and still had some knocking. I found out it was the sway bar hitting the sub frame just in back of the driver side. I wrapped the sway bar with some 3m clear vinyl from my dirt bike stickers and no noise and smoother ride for now. Man I should have just bought the Enduratechs

Old 09-09-2009, 12:22 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by tanukifit
Your setup not supposed to scrape? Before the tire touches the lip it will scrape the tab that connects the bumper to the fender. You can push this tab up to give you 2-3mms just don't push it to high and push the screw into your fender. You can also tug slightly at the fender pulling it out a couple mms. That fender rolling stuff bulged my fender a little. ( I wish I never let that guy do my car )
yah, it wasn't scraping until i had a very full load. thanks for the tip, i'll check it out...

huh, you're suppose to support the fender while you roll it so it just bends the lip, not push the entire fender outward... ive seen some pro's in japan use just a rounded mallet. quite craftsmanship.

i noticed on my Z's rear quarter there's no inward lip... it's either bent up all the way or just one thicker sheetmetal. they should make all cars this way cause it will not only provide max clearance, it also make PDR-ing the lip much easier too.

Originally Posted by tanukifit
I finally found some adjustable links from a company on ebay (Powergrind Inc.) Adjusted the 24mm sway bar a little higher and still had some knocking. I found out it was the sway bar hitting the sub frame just in back of the driver side. I wrapped the sway bar with some 3m clear vinyl from my dirt bike stickers and no noise and smoother ride for now. Man I should have just bought the Enduratechs
was it powergrids?

Adjustable Sway-Bar Links - Powergrid, Inc.

im running their front adjustables on my G35C. as long as it's not hitting anything im sure you're fine. might want to just measure your ideal length and ask powergrids to find you a set closest to it? (that was my original suggestion long time ago). most endlinks use the standard THK ends anyway.

Old 09-09-2009, 04:25 PM
5 Year Member
was playing around with the HU on my 370Z and noticed that my FM reception is pretty bad while outside my garage. i have a feeling the power antenna wire off the HU is only a on/off switch and not a switched 12v power. so im going to take her apart again tonight to rewire the anntenna wire to the remote wire coming off the HU. live and learn, huh? hahaha

at least there's a spade connector on it so i wont have to do any soldering back in there. should be a quick fix.

im still contemplating whether i should do a HU on my G. hahaha.

Old 09-09-2009, 08:47 PM
5 Year Member
Jep, got juice feeding the Z's antenna now and reception is good.

Tomorrow I think I'm going to drive the GE to work.

Old 09-09-2009, 09:01 PM
I love how you have your own little car journal here. It's definitely rad. And your garage is sweet lol. What HU do you have in the Z? I just bought a single-DIN Kenwood KDC-X993 for my Sol. Can't wait for it, and 4 new speakers. Think I should put them all in or wait until I can afford a 4chan amp & Stealthbox?

And what will your wife drive if you take her GE?

Old 09-09-2009, 09:10 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks!

I have the Pioneer AHV-P3100(sp?) in there.

Yah, kenwoods are definitely cool. I usually buy Kenwood/Alpine but ever since having great luck with the JVC in my FitS, I've been spreading my horizon.

I hear the higher-end Pioneers with nav are kinda slow to bootup, but mine is only a dvd/MP3 player so it's very quick to load.
I'm liking it a lot.

Old 09-09-2009, 09:12 PM
5 Year Member
Oh yah, my wife's off tomorrow.

Id definitely wait until you got everything cause less work later. You know with fitment and wiring you might endup taking the whole thing apart again. Hahaha

Old 09-09-2009, 09:14 PM
Yea on crutchfield, only 3 navi's fit in my Sol and none were Pioneer. Besides, I like double-DIN navi's. Flip-up ones don't appease me. So in a tribute to my Fit, I'm going black and green with this car, and the Kenwood is one of the very few that has changeable face lighting.

it's got everything, ipod control through the unit and bluetooth, rear aux and usb.

Old 09-09-2009, 09:17 PM
but dude I don't wanna wait a month or two! All I have right now is 2 rear stock speakers, none up front, and a factory cassette unit that has a Golden Oldies tape in it lol. I'm gonna get antsy when this arrives..

Old 09-10-2009, 12:02 AM
5 Year Member
huh, that's the first one ive seen with green. that's pretty cool. i like the dual dials. they remind me of the retro-style head units yet yours is high tech with all the gadgetry.

yah, i mean if you can't wait definitely install it but just saying cause ive done stuff like that before and i ended up rewiring everything and it was like i should've just waited. but it's fun.

cassette, huh? that's pretty retro but my 2004 G's stock bose comes with a cassette deck too. it's a 6CD changer with cassette. hahaha. so been thinking about swapping out the HU on mine too... just a biotch to take apart the front dash on the G's...and the stock HU sounds pretty good with the Polks i have in the car.

Old 09-10-2009, 02:30 PM
5 Year Member
Was about to take the GE to work when my wife said she's going shopping today. Lol so took my GD. Oh well.

I've only driven the GE less than 10 times. Hahaha. I mean, I move it out of the way when I need to pull out my other cars or washing the car, but that's about it.

Which reminds me, I need to check the DIY section to figure out how to remove the GE's dash panel where the power socket is to wire up a LED...

Old 09-11-2009, 12:32 PM
5 Year Member
hey, dropped off the wife at her work this am and took the GE. the AT is something i need to get use to because letting off the throttle the car just coasts and coasts and coasts it's pretty scary! hahahahaha. that's when the left paddle and a light blip comes in handy. on AT's i use left foot braking and use my right foot to blip.

also had to remember that i need to "PARK" the car before i can pull the key out. was like, wth's going on here? while i looked at my shift lever and it was in DRIVE with engine off, e-brake pulled up as usual. lol

Old 09-11-2009, 05:48 PM

Good thing you didn't get a GTR. Try driving a CVT car like my wife's Murano. It's kinda rubber band action.

Old 09-11-2009, 05:54 PM
5 Year Member
hahaha yah, i feel like ive been away from civilization driving MT cars all the time.

CVT is kinda werd to me too cause it feels like a massive clutch slip/riding sound while it accelerates.
i remember the first consumer CVT in the US...subaru Justy. remember those? LOL

hey, thanks to chubbykai's DIY, i think i figured out how to remove that panel with the 12v socket on the GE. going to work on wiring up the LED for my wifey this weekend.

problem with commuting with one car is 'honey, where are you?' ummmmm.... not yet there? hahaha.

Old 09-11-2009, 07:05 PM
5 Year Member
Note to self... While driving AT, you need to put in drive after the light turns green...otherwise the engine just revs up.

On another note...
There was a new Maz3 driving behind me on the way home. Each time I looked at it via my rearview mirror, I cracked up. WTH's with that hugegangeous grin?

First screwing the gorgeous RX7 into a pos RX8, then the cool miata now looking like a brainless open mouth fish, and if that wasn't enough, the 3's that use to look pretty decent into a clown.

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?