General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 04:12 PM
Wow, I've been so caught up in the Hurricane watch that I had no idea Japan and Taiwan was being hit by a Typhoon and earthquake. Shoots, this pacific plate has sure been shifting a lot California be prepared.....

Old 08-12-2009, 04:38 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
yep, strong earthquake in the indian ocean as well over the weekend.

the strongest ive experienced was magnatude 5+... and that shook pretty violently. cant image what 6 or even 7 would be like.

Old 08-12-2009, 06:04 PM
5 Year Member
need to run some errands tonight before going home... more motoring time in my FitS! hahahaha.

Old 08-13-2009, 05:25 PM
5 Year Member
got a 3 day weekend coming up. but due to fresh concrete near my house i dont think im going to be able to pull out my G tomorrow or sat. just too much rocks, dust, and crappage everywhere. hope they finish up sooooooon!!!

so tomorrow, i think im going to put my MOMO steering wheel back on my G that i took off last year and also fix the weather strip on the sidemarkers that have began to crack (car is 5yrs old this weekend).

the factory steering wheel is cool but it's a tad too close to me when im driving even with all the adjustments. with MOMO's lower profile steering wheel and special hub spacers i have, it allow me to dial in the perfect position...and not have to worry about the airbag blowing up in my face in close proximity.

for the last many months i had the factory steering wheel back on, i ended up not using the button controls for the cruise or stereo... so it confirmed i dont need those either. hahaha.
this kinda works for me because im still thinking about doing the stereo and i wont have to buy the pak controller for the steering wheel buttons.

btw...
spoke to the wife last night and she's okay with doing the driving back and forth on saturdays for the kids. so my 370Z option is back open. but i still want to drive my G atleast until she hits 30K miles so probably wont happen until late 2010 or spring of 2011. this give me more time to save up so this is good.

Last edited by kenchan; 08-13-2009 at 05:28 PM.
Old 08-13-2009, 06:37 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
I hate road construction when you are in your coupe/sporty car. I don't like it much in my fit either but hearing stuff plink up and hit the fit I am not as concerned. Totally can relate to what you are dealing with. The new G37 is pretty badass too. And the Essence is supposedly finally coming out in the next year or two.

Old 08-13-2009, 08:45 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Shaggs2Dope
I hate road construction when you are in your coupe/sporty car. I don't like it much in my fit either but hearing stuff plink up and hit the fit I am not as concerned. Totally can relate to what you are dealing with. The new G37 is pretty badass too. And the Essence is supposedly finally coming out in the next year or two.
Exactly! Especially when running sticky 245's up front it kicksup rocks and hits just forward of the rear quarter arch. I have clearbra there but I rather not drive it.

Plus all the chips on the dressup mudflaps, rocks from cars in front of you, etc etc. its just not worth it.

Yah, I was a fan of the current G's concept but nissan ruined the design on the production model. I'm not a fan of the G37C's at all. Essence concept looks nice!

Hope nissan can keep it looking nice on the production model, but I'm not really looking for a lux car...

Old 08-14-2009, 12:07 AM
5 Year Member
Had some time to work on the G tonight so decided to put on my momo steering wheel on again.

I put the WorksBell hub and set my snap-on to 25lbs/ft, tighten tighten tighten tighten......I'm like WTF? I take the center nut off and inspect the hub. I find that the collar on the hub had a hairline crack in it. Lol. . Shitola.

So put everything back to stock, plugged the car back onto the battery manager and listened to the stereo.

Yah, the stereo sounds pretty good as-is (I installed Polk components in there a few yrs ago)....so I decided I'm just going to keep the stereo as-is for now as well. Lol.

So much for the exercise, but I suppose I saved about $1.5G on the stereo. Hahaha!

Old 08-15-2009, 12:05 AM
5 Year Member
got some time off with the wife so we went out in my FitS for a quick bite and some shopping.

air was cooling down nicely so my FitS was finally starting to show the power it has.
did some pretty nice spirited runs (not crazy races or anything like that) and im real
satisfied with how the car performed. my FitS kicks arse.

Old 08-15-2009, 08:19 PM
5 Year Member
Why is it that McD is so discusting yet we keep going back? Yuk. Had their 1/3 pounder angus.

I think I'm going to be sick. Had double dose of Tums. Hahahahaha

Need to lay down a bit...

Went shopping with the kids and wife today in my FitS.

Old 08-15-2009, 08:50 PM
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
^ IMO they add stuff to their food that makes you crave it, although it's horrible stuff. The more you eat it, the more you want it.

Old 08-15-2009, 09:23 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Juliane
^ IMO they add stuff to their food that makes you crave it, although it's horrible stuff. The more you eat it, the more you want it.
hahaha, yah that's what it seems like. This should be their slogan:

"Angus 1/3 pounder... 100% MEAT with beef!"

WTH is the other meat?! Hahaha.

I think I'm okay now... Going to make me some coffee and watch some vids.

Hey, that's a cute dog in your avatar!

Old 08-15-2009, 10:02 PM
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Thanks! That's Jackie, our JRT. She's about 4 years old, and we've had her for just over a year. She hates her baths!

Old 08-16-2009, 07:50 AM
5 Year Member
Well hello, Jackie! hahaha, she has time to play, but no time for other things. Kinda like me.

So this am I am going to pull out my G. It looks like the construction guys are done near my house, just forgot to pull down the roadwork signs.

Too bad its going to rain this pm and tomorrow... Wanted to wash my FitS. Maybe sometime during the week.

Old 08-16-2009, 07:51 PM
5 Year Member
so this am i pulled out my G for some nice motoring. SpeedShined the car afterwards and applied a quick coat of SprayOn Wax. car looks and feels great.

i also removed the thin weather strip that was cracking on the 5yr old G's side markers. but also decided to order a cool JDM nissan one that is shaped a tad different from the USDM models. im not a big fan of clear markers so ordered the amber ones. that and a new music CD is my G's 5th b-day present.

for my FitS, im going to get new front wiper inserts, replacement clutch/brake pedal cover (my clutch pedal keeps wearing out in about 6-7months), and need to figure out wat to do with the small hole i got in the all/season floor mat where my left heel goes...

Old 08-18-2009, 03:50 PM
5 Year Member
went to the dealer across town.. was out on biz today to pickup some pedal covers for my 5MT. here is the PN if you need it: 46545-538-010

also placed orders for my G's bday presents over the last few days. got some JDM corners coming from Japan, brake pads for my brembo's (going to give these Endless pads a shot), and some other misc goodies.

Old 08-19-2009, 11:31 AM
5 Year Member
crazy morning this at with work... i guess this is normal.

in car news, both good and bad...

Good: nice weather, smooth ride to work in my FitS. took a different route and by luck was able to avoid roadwork. so lucky cause they just got done oiling it. wheew!

Bad: 2 of my parts i ordered for my G is delayed... booo~ hahaha. im sure ill have them in no time. these days a week feels like a day anyway.

was going to wash my FitS tonight but weather channel is saying it's going to rain tomorrow and friday... so i guess ill just wait until the weekend...

Old 08-19-2009, 07:30 PM
5 Year Member
drove in some serious rain tonight and the Fusion tires with my endura-tech setup on my FitS just took it like any dry day. not surprised since i use Uni-T technology on my RE050 Pole Positions on my G, but im glad to see bridgestone used this technology on their low-end tuner tires as well.

was actually fun driving cause it gripped so well.

Old 08-20-2009, 01:53 PM
5 Year Member
i really need to wash my car... not so much for the appearance but with all these road constructions in the area and clunkers out and about checking out nice car deals, i got oil all over my front glass and it's smearing each time my wiper blades run across it.

clunkers actually fire bits of oil through their exhaust system along with steam. it can really mess up your glass's cleanliness.

will first wash the car like usual, then use some Griot's WindowCleaner to clean it real well. then apply a nice coat of RainX. RainX can also be used as a cleaner for glass. it has a lot of cleaning agents (from wat i can see...) that remove crap that smears the glass.

i apply RainX like this:

spray product into paper towel and rub it gently over clean glass. stay away from the rubber seals cause it can turn white from the RainX's strong cleaning agents. let the glass haze. then take some distilled water in a water bottle, mist onto the glass and remove the haze using a microfiber towel for glass. no smuges left behind, very clear, very slick surface to repel rain and any contaminants (oils).

Old 08-20-2009, 03:08 PM
Retired Moderator
Ken, you dont have your Mini anymore?

Old 08-20-2009, 04:13 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TOOL
Ken, you dont have your Mini anymore?
How you been??!!

yah, i sold it back in July. was a great ride. i didnt drive it much and it was just sitting around so decided to sell it. the a/c wasnt working either for the longest time (dealer tried fixing it 4x, they just got tired of me) so couldn't really use it as a dd either. but it's okay. i haven't regretted my decision thus far. i mean, i had A LOT of fun with the car so was satisfied.

got my JDM side markers for my G. woohoo~.
hope i get my brake pads sooooon. want to swap them out next month. going from brembo factory pads to Endless pads.

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?