General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2019, 10:11 AM
5 Year Member
LOL Shinjari. I was trying to tell you how much it's improved.

The Adventure model is definitely Subaru inspired. It seems to me that Toyota is milking Subaru and stealing their ideas why simultaneously ruining Subaru by dumbing down their product line.

I don't find it coincidence that, since Toyota acquired partial ownership of Subaru, Subaru dropped most of their 2.5L motors in favor of the less powerful 2.0 and dropped gear based auto's in favor of CVT's. While Toyota has been upping their power outputs and sticking with gear based autos.

Last edited by GAFIT; 04-04-2019 at 10:22 AM.
Old 04-04-2019, 11:05 AM
5 Year Member
Well this a wrench...I gotta share/show this to the GF now. She might like it and if that's the case...that's good since shes in the market for a car haha. Yeah I dig the adventure....or the hybrid to be honest. Next years TRD version is probably over the top for us and what we want it for. I mean considering an Outback wil get us the majority of places we're talking about...this rav4 adventure should be plenty viable.

Showed a good friend of mine and he goes "Well some people like imports...some like classic cars....apparently you like mom crossovers" LOL.

Last edited by shinjari; 04-04-2019 at 11:08 AM.
Old 04-04-2019, 12:08 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by shinjari
Will keep that in mind! So who is your pony in this race? Forester 2.0XT? Outback 3.6?
an old 04 wrx wagon, lol

id def do a forester next go around

or...... if they ever being thr Levorg to the usa..... id get that

Originally Posted by sneefy
You too? I'm out of coupons, though. Subaru specifically disallowed the sharing of coupons on forums, BTW.
it'll be our secret =)

Old 04-04-2019, 12:19 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by evilchargerfan
it'll be our secret =)
Totally. I'm not here to police you. Just thought I'd mention in case you didn't know.

Old 04-04-2019, 12:57 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah just built a 2019 Rav4 Adventure...$36k...That Civic TypeR money. Then again considering the GF wants a used 2016+ IS350 for low 30s...Maybe? Haha.

Old 04-08-2019, 09:00 AM
5 Year Member
Replaced the Lincoln over the weekend...

Old 04-08-2019, 09:13 AM
Originally Posted by GAFIT
Replaced the Lincoln over the weekend...
Congrats on the truck! Let's hope no deer think they can jump that hood.

Old 04-08-2019, 11:42 AM
5 Year Member
And it begins...get a new tuck and think you can park anywhere (cross hatched spot)

Good looking truck. I take it you're a fan of Silver?

Went and looked at the Rav4 Adventure trims yesterday. Pretty nice vehicle. GF seemed interested. Didn't want to overwhelm her yesterday about it since getting her to simply look at it was a task in itself haha. So I'll ask her opinion about it tonight. I think the immediate concern was the Adventure has these orange interior accents/coloring...and it doesn't really flow with the Ruby Flare she liked. Would've been nice if the Adventure came in a Silver...that would work great. Shes not 100% sold on the Lunar Rock gray.

Well Happy Monday everyone =)

Old 04-08-2019, 02:42 PM
5 Year Member
Nice truck GAFIT. You can carry the Fit in the back as a spare. ;-)

shinjari I agree about those orange bits scattered in the interior. Who thought that was a good idea. Subaru did the same thing with the Forester sport. Maybe they could be removed & wrapped to a less jarring color.

Have a good week folks.

Old 04-08-2019, 03:52 PM
5 Year Member
Congrats on the new truck!! Looks great.

Old 04-08-2019, 04:11 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ashchuckton
shinjari I agree about those orange bits scattered in the interior. Who thought that was a good idea. Subaru did the same thing with the Forester sport. Maybe they could be removed & wrapped to a less jarring color.

Have a good week folks.
Its not just those flat bits...the stitching is all orange as well.

Old 04-08-2019, 06:15 PM
5 Year Member
That will be harder to deal with. Subaru does that too. Maybe it's the new Japanese design language? That would bother me & move me out of the Adventure & Sport trim.

Old 04-08-2019, 06:40 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah then next year they are making the TRD Rav4....with red interior accents. So far the only notable differences between the Adventure trim and the TRD are as follows:

Red vs Orange interior accents.
TRD has TRD Springs (stiffer for more INTENSE offroading? lol)
18" Black TRD Wheels vs the 19" on the adventure (made no sense to me)
Extra seat bolstering on TRD.
Mildly different grayed out front end
+$$$$$$ because its TRD...lol.

So I'm venturing to guess a lot of people will get the Adventure...then later this year when the new TRD trim comes out the be like 'oh man I NEED the TRD'...and swap. Win-win for Toyota.

Old 04-08-2019, 07:08 PM
5 Year Member
Glad to hear I'm not the only one that is turned off by red bits and mis-matched interior parts. That's how I ended up with the Platinum trim level for my truck. Everything matches with just a subtle contrast stitch. No wild colors or splashy bits. And, more importantly, the interior is the same color from the belt line up. I refuse to buy anything with taupe/beige/gray/tan top pieces with black/gray bottom. It's just cheap cost cutting by the manufacture to run with one color on the top for all colors on the bottom, but how much does that really save? Gray bottom should be gray top. Black bottom should be black top. Yes, I'm picky.

I do like silver, but what specifically made me buy silver on this truck is that it hides the chrome. I was trying to find a Lariat Sport with every option, but they are hard to find. The Platinum level gives all of the features of the fully loaded Lariat and then some, but has small touches of chrome. Silver helps to hide the chrome touches.

At least I don't have the chrome bumpers. That is a complete no-go for me. Hard explaining that to "truck" people, but I really don't like chrome.

I do at least get to keep one of the many things I bought for the Lincoln. My programmer will tune this truck just like it did the Lincoln. Just need to order the program and BOOM...extra 110 whp Should be fun as the truck stock should run mid 13's completely stock. I'm sure it will run bottom 12's when I'm done. Unless I get silly and then it will be faster than that.

Old 04-09-2019, 03:52 PM
5 Year Member
Wait wait...this tune gets you ~110whp? Isn't the truck NA, not forced induction? Good lord. You're basically gaining the equivalent of a Fit L15 motor in there lol.

Old 04-09-2019, 04:25 PM
5 Year Member
Wait wait...this tune gets you ~110whp? Isn't the truck NA, not forced induction? Good lord. You're basically gaining the equivalent of a Fit L15 motor in there lol.
It has the 3.5 Ecoboost (my Lincoln had the transverse version of the same motor). Fancy jargon that just means it's a twin turbo v6. The truck versions dyno around 320hp/400tq stock at the wheels. With a 93 performance tune they dyno around 440/500. That flows through a 10-speed auto that can actually shift faster than a Porsche PDK.

Mine won't be nearly as fast as some versions though since it's a Platinum with a lot of heavy options (power running boards, panoramic roof, massage seats, etc), but I did track down this one as it has the max trailer tow package and FX4 offroad package. All combined it's built to try to do many things well.

Build date is 3/15/19. I basically showed up and bought it when it hit their lot. The max tow trucks seem to be kind of scarce in higher trim levels. This package gives it a thicker frame, different rear hitch/bumper, pro trailer back up. stiffer springs, bigger sway bars, built in trailer brake controller, 3.55 gear....on and on. End result is it's rated to tow 12,700 lbs even in this crew cab 4x4 configuration.

The only thing I "gave up" going from my Lincoln to this is paddle shifters. I'm working on tracking down a Raptor steering wheel and wiring to do that conversion and I'll order a tune this week. Have an appointment for a spray in bed liner set up for Thursday.

The dealer tinted the windows so that saved me some money and work

Old 04-09-2019, 04:58 PM
5 Year Member
That sounds legit GAFIT. Congrats man. Yeah bed liner is a MUST. GF's parents have a mid 2000's F150 Crew cab long bed with no liner...so in the event they need to move/load something they have like a dozen moving blankets to protect the painted bed...makes NO sense. But not my truck. Hate that thing...has a driveline clunk that they think it 'normal'. It has to be slop in the driveshaft universal...when you are at a stop and press the gas to go, you hear it go 'clunk' and then the truck starts moving. ARGH just thinking about it is aggravating lol.

Old 04-09-2019, 05:14 PM
5 Year Member
That sounds legit GAFIT. Congrats man. Yeah bed liner is a MUST. GF's parents have a mid 2000's F150 Crew cab long bed with no liner...so in the event they need to move/load something they have like a dozen moving blankets to protect the painted bed...makes NO sense. But not my truck. Hate that thing...has a driveline clunk that they think it 'normal'. It has to be slop in the driveshaft universal...when you are at a stop and press the gas to go, you hear it go 'clunk' and then the truck starts moving. ARGH just thinking about it is aggravating lol.
LOL. It is "normal" in that whether you own a Ram, Chevy, Ford, or even Toyota full size truck, they eventually develop that clunk. All of mine have at least. Probably just needs new U-joints. I had a 2008 F150 with the 5.4. Had a massive aluminum driveshaft. Those trucks are all kind of junky, but they do last if taken care of.

Mine is VERY nice right now. I'm hoping that it doesn't turn junky too quickly. At least it has all the HD stuff so some lawn maintenance crew will want it when it's older.

I forgot the other reason I settled on silver...the entire truck is aluminum. Like every inch of it. I figured rock chips, in theory, wont show up much if it's aluminum color to begin with. LOL

Old 04-09-2019, 06:26 PM
5 Year Member
Exactly, its a wear item...it should be checked/replaced. I think they'd had the clunk so long they forgot what it was like before the clunk. Besides the lack of bed liner and the clunk...it seems to beholding up well. Makes no sense why they have it...they don't camp/tow/haul/etc. She just drives it to work. Guess its paid off so theres that.

Good call on the silver.

Old 04-10-2019, 11:30 AM
5 Year Member
Man got into my car this morning...and for a few weeks now I thought that I had scratched my leather shift knob in the top right corner by the '5'. I could feel something catching/dragging on my hand in that area. Nope...the leather is coming off the knob. What the heck man. Car doesn't even have 20k miles. Think this is a warranty thing? Or just suck it up and buy a replacement knob? I like the OEM, not sure I 'need' a racing knob that's >$100+ lol. Also it gets hot here...not a huge fan of metal shifters.

OEM from dealer is $65.

Not mine but the OEM you can see. Basically the leather is tucked under the cap with the numbers. My leather is coming untucked. Tried to tuck it back...it stays for about 2 seconds then comes undone.

Last edited by shinjari; 04-10-2019 at 11:35 AM.

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?