General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2019, 11:36 AM
5 Year Member
Freaking weather preventing clean cars. ><

Old 02-11-2019, 04:03 PM
At least with the bad weather, no one expects a clean car. My pet peeve (one of many) is when I have washed the car after the rains, but someone in front of me decides they would rather use their windshield wipers and fluid to see clearly.

Old 02-11-2019, 04:35 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah definitely a pet peeve! You'll be cruising along on the highway 50+mph and they decide to use their wipers/fluid. Thanks buddy...now I have wiper fluid all over my clean car, why didn't you use it when you were at the redlight or stop sign? *sigh*

It's even worse when you're on a motorcycle and this happens...ask me how I know lol.

Old 02-11-2019, 10:16 PM
Originally Posted by shinjari
Yeah definitely a pet peeve! You'll be cruising along on the highway 50+mph and they decide to use their wipers/fluid. Thanks buddy...now I have wiper fluid all over my clean car, why didn't you use it when you were at the redlight or stop sign? *sigh*
Exactly.

It's even worse when you're on a motorcycle and this happens...ask me how I know lol.
I never did care too much about getting sprayed when riding my motorcycle. Back then, I considered it a free wash. Washer fluid and bug guts could not have made my aftermarket, unpainted, janky race-plastics with foglights-for-headlights any worse.

Old 02-11-2019, 10:34 PM
5 Year Member
Besides that, went to a Paintball event yesterday and had a great time.
Do you paintball regularly? I was really into it as a kid, then I started driving and got into cars, no more money for paintball lol. I still have my marker and all my equipment though. It's a blast to play and something I really enjoyed doing!!!

Old 02-12-2019, 10:07 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by marmaladedad
Exactly.
I never did care too much about getting sprayed when riding my motorcycle. Back then, I considered it a free wash. Washer fluid and bug guts could not have made my aftermarket, unpainted, janky race-plastics with foglights-for-headlights any worse.
2 sides to every coin I guess...I typically ride with my visor open and sunglasses....so wiper fluid in the face isn't exactly 'fun' lol. And like my cars, I keep my bike pretty clean, don't need any help from others haha.

Originally Posted by GolNat
Do you paintball regularly? I was really into it as a kid, then I started driving and got into cars, no more money for paintball lol. I still have my marker and all my equipment though. It's a blast to play and something I really enjoyed doing!!!
Yeah I first played paintball...~20-22 years ago back in middle school (sheesh that seems like a lifetime ago). Then I'd say about 15 years ago I started to play every other month for about 10 years. Then it was once every few months. I've probably been through a dozen different markers (loved Autocockers due to their mechanical/pneumatic design), then started to play pump (CCI Phantom/Empire Sniper/Various Autocockers) about 8 years ago and now the new thing for me and the group of guys I play with is magazine fed markers (MCS Blizzard and MCS Hurricane). We were never into speed ball or shooting 20 balls per second type of playing. It was more about one shot one elimination type stuff for us. Magazine fed has kinda revitalized my enjoyment of the hobby.

Was always fun going out with my phantom which had a hopper that held 15-20 paintballs (compared to a hopper that holds 180ish), the smaller the setup the better since I like to be less hindered by a ton of gear so I can run/move quicker. People would see me take 1-2 shots and get an elimination that was considered 'far'. Puts a smile on my face haha.

Enough ranting about paintball. Think my passenger HID is starting to act up. It doesn't always turn on, but if I turn it off then on again it powers up. This is the 3rd time I've noticed it do it.

Happy Tuesday.

Old 02-12-2019, 03:37 PM
5 Year Member
I have not seen those magazine style markers but those are pretty cool!!!

I love Autocockers, that's my current marker that I have. I had a Spyder, then went to a Bushmaster and then to the Auto and stayed with that. Pair that with my Freak barrel kit, remote tank and ghillie suit and you won't know what hit you . I do enjoy speedball though but was never a big 30 ball a second guy. I took a more ninja, sniper approach like you (that's why I sold the Bushmaster). Thinking about it is taking me back to how much fun it is. I might just try to go this year once it warms up.

Once it dries out I would love to give the GTI a good inside detail and wash the salt off. It just won't stop raining/snowing.

Old 02-12-2019, 09:41 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks for the paintball stories. Mine are more simple since I'm older. Only paintball gun i owned was circa 1989. Was good for a bit of fun.

My strange observation the past few weeks has been in the carpool line when picking up my son. I first noticed that I was nearly the only person that shut their car off for the 20 minute wait. After much more observation, I've determined that it's only me and a few other fathers/males that shut their cars off.

I'm not even an environmentalist nor do I care that much about the cost of the fuel. It just seems wasteful to sit there with the car running. After I gave it more thought, I realized that all of my male friends also complain about their wives leaving lights on and turning the thermostat to unreasonable temperatures.

Quite a dichotomy given that my male friends generally care less about the environment while the wives/girlfriends generally preach conservation while not giving up even the slightest when it comes to comfort.

All of this is just a strange observation from my perspective. Most of my guy friends won't hesitate to burn whatever fuel is necessary to power their 500+hp rides, but wouldn't think of wasting fuel for idling in a carpool line. While the women sit there and idle for 20+ minutes just so they can listen to the radio.

Humans are definitely strange.

Old 02-13-2019, 09:51 AM
5 Year Member
Humans are lazy.

Also my observations are many, many men leave their cars running while they sit in them waiting for their wives/gfs to grocery shop.

Why not just go in & help them finish the job more quickly? Always blows my mind a dude would rather sit in a car for an hour than help his SO for 45 minutes.

I've been carpooling into work with the guy who sits in the cubicle next to me the last few days. It is very strange to not listen to a podcast about the NBA every day on the way home, but it is good to feel like I'm not wasting so much fuel commuting alone.

Old 02-13-2019, 10:20 AM
5 Year Member
Or wait outside, but shut the car off if it's between say 40 and 80 degrees.

I'm guessing some of those men are sitting outside instead of getting in a fight with their SO inside the store. Many of my guy friends get irritated with the way their wives shop with total disregard for cost.

It's not very often, but it's nice when the wife and I can shop together. 90% of the time it's the boy and I doing the grocery shopping. Wife works and goes to school so her time is more limited than ours.

I really need to get back to work on our Fit. I have enough parts now to justify starting the tear down and I borrowed an engine crane from a friend.

Old 02-13-2019, 01:06 PM
5 Year Member
Wow paintball, heck that wasn't invented when I was a young guy. Yes I'm old. ;~)

Guys waiting in cars for their wives while they shop. I have not seen that in my neck of the woods although I'm sure it happens. If they do I'm not going to let that bother me. Many more things in this world concern me much more.

I can't shop with my wife, it just doesn't work. Our system is to let me do the grocery shopping. Can't complain though when I'm shopping she is home working. Seems like a decent trade off to me.

Have a good day folks.

Old 02-13-2019, 03:52 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GAFIT
Or wait outside, but shut the car off if it's between say 40 and 80 degrees.

I'm guessing some of those men are sitting outside instead of getting in a fight with their SO inside the store. Many of my guy friends get irritated with the way their wives shop with total disregard for cost.

It's not very often, but it's nice when the wife and I can shop together. 90% of the time it's the boy and I doing the grocery shopping. Wife works and goes to school so her time is more limited than ours.

I really need to get back to work on our Fit. I have enough parts now to justify starting the tear down and I borrowed an engine crane from a friend.
My dad always got frustrated with my mom's spending when she'd grocery shop.

But when he'd come along they'd always spend more.

Many men are just dumb lol

Old 02-13-2019, 06:07 PM
5 Year Member
Idling the car for comfort...whats that? Roll a window down...leave it in ACC for radio...*sigh*

Also the GF and I typically have to shop separately. Apparently I zone out and am not focused on where she is during grocery list time. But if she gives me the list and I go by myself its easy. However she does like to do it because since shes the 'cook' of the house, maybe she'll see something that isn't on the list and pick it up because she had an idea come to mind. Me on the otherhand....adhere strictly to the list provided lol.

Regarding regular shopping, she doesn't like me waiting on her and when we do both go, I typically end up finding something to purchase while she finds 'nothing'....which is somehow my fault they don't have her size or styles she wants/likes lol.

GAFIT, what's happening to the Fit? What's the overhaul again?

Thoughts on Rally Flaps on non-subie cars? Considering a set of my civic...the OEM ones cost just as much and are a matte black which doesn't match the piano/gloss black body 'kit'. Figure they'd provide paint protection when I go more aggressive with my wheel offset. I already have a chip or two with my stance from the spacers. I'd likely go black with gray text to be subtle. None of that red text/red flaps stuff.

Old 02-13-2019, 06:34 PM
5 Year Member
I like things that protect the paint, but don't think I could put those flaps on a front wheel drive car. How about just doing clear film paint protection instead?

Fit is getting rear disc brakes, larger front brakes, Quaife differential, clutch masters clutch, billet flywheel, turbocharger, intercooler, injectors, Mugen steering wheel, modern stereo, coilovers, boxes and boxes of small stuff that is needed to make the big things happen....you get the idea.

Most of that stuff is here waiting for me to get off my butt. I sort of started getting dizzy with all of the Fit purchases and took a pause to play with some of my other hobbies. Once it gets a bit warmer in the garage, I will start in on the Fit.

All I've done so far is install a Cat Cam camshaft and start playing with the Hondata.

Old 02-13-2019, 06:36 PM
5 Year Member
imo, they look good on hatchbacks and wagons.... subie, ford focus, ford fiesta, mazda 3 ... etc etc

Old 02-14-2019, 09:16 AM
5 Year Member
I'm strongly opposed to all mudflaps on all cars.

I blame the many vape dorks with Subarus & Focus/Fiesta ST lol

Old 02-14-2019, 10:54 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GAFIT
I like things that protect the paint, but don't think I could put those flaps on a front wheel drive car. How about just doing clear film paint protection instead?
Fit is getting rear disc brakes, larger front brakes, Quaife differential, clutch masters clutch, billet flywheel, turbocharger, intercooler, injectors, Mugen steering wheel, modern stereo, coilovers, boxes and boxes of small stuff that is needed to make the big things happen....you get the idea.
Most of that stuff is here waiting for me to get off my butt. I sort of started getting dizzy with all of the Fit purchases and took a pause to play with some of my other hobbies. Once it gets a bit warmer in the garage, I will start in on the Fit.
All I've done so far is install a Cat Cam camshaft and start playing with the Hondata.
Sounds like a great year for the Fit! Looking forward to updates.

As for clear bra...I'm not a big fan of seeing the seams/lines of them. Front end I can get behind because you wrap the entire thing and can tuck. Behind the wheel wells/quarter panels just looks weird.

Originally Posted by evilchargerfan
imo, they look good on hatchbacks and wagons.... subie, ford focus, ford fiesta, mazda 3 ... etc etc
Yeah I kinda agree with the wagon line of thinking.

Originally Posted by mike410b
I'm strongly opposed to all mudflaps on all cars.
I blame the many vape dorks with Subarus & Focus/Fiesta ST lol
Totally have seen these 'dorks' and I don't want people to think I'm with that group lol.

Kinda on the fence about it. I think it screams 'hey look at me', especially with the red flaps ()....but at the same time its a very functional addition. I'm more of the mindset of having the car be subtle and nice...than visually loud/attention seeking. Figure the White with black flaps would be somewhat discrete. Then again...they are $150...

Have a good day everyone.

Old 02-14-2019, 01:16 PM
5 Year Member
Personally, if it were me I'd add a bit of clearbra behind the wheel wells, protects the paint but not so clear an image.

I just booked a trip to NYC in June. I'm so excited.

Old 02-14-2019, 01:19 PM
5 Year Member
Here are the factory ones. Guess they are only $60 now. From a distance you cant really tell the color diff...but up close you can see it. Not sure if I can paint them, wrap them or just deal with it.

Of course in JDM Land they make a set of gloss black ones...but they are $175 lol. Last two pics. *sigh*

Old 02-14-2019, 01:35 PM
5 Year Member
I think those rally armor mud flaps would be great on a rally car or one that sees gravel road use. Otherwise they just look out of place to me. The oem flaps look better to me & could be painted to match the black trim on the car.

Good day folks....

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?