General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2018, 03:57 PM
5 Year Member
53k doesn't buy a lot in a rich suburb of Chicago.

It is more than the median income of a household in much of Wisconsin.

The Foxconn deal is costing taxpayers in Wisconsin between $200,000 and $1 million per job created by Foxconn. It is an embarrassment, a bad deal and something I deeply hope the new Governor will fight to undo.

Old 11-07-2018, 04:08 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
53k doesn't buy a lot in a rich suburb of Chicago.

It is more than the median income of a household in much of Wisconsin.

The Foxconn deal is costing taxpayers in Wisconsin between $200,000 and $1 million per job created by Foxconn. It is an embarrassment, a bad deal and something I deeply hope the new Governor will fight to undo.
Aren't pretty much ALL of these "deals" a rip off? I've never understood the idea of subsidizing a private enterprise with taxpayer money. I understand what it's supposed to achieve, but I find it to be a violation of use of public funds. Just like separation of church and state, there should be a separation of public and private funds. The subsidizing of sports arena's for billionaire sports team owners is possibly the worst violation.

Now stepping off my soap box for the rest of the day

Old 11-07-2018, 04:44 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
shinjari- since this is an m-chassis i’m going to be running a Rover Mini body. . yah kinda like a stamp collection i guess. i just luv cars especially hatches.

yah maybe they can make free iphones for all WI people!

Old 11-07-2018, 07:06 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GAFIT
Aren't pretty much ALL of these "deals" a rip off? I've never understood the idea of subsidizing a private enterprise with taxpayer money. I understand what it's supposed to achieve, but I find it to be a violation of use of public funds. Just like separation of church and state, there should be a separation of public and private funds. The subsidizing of sports arena's for billionaire sports team owners is possibly the worst violation.

Now stepping off my soap box for the rest of the day
Oh they are definitely all rip offs and the governments always get screwed even worse down the line.

Agreed on arenas/stadiums. We're paying for two or three of those right now too.

Here's an idea: Billionaires pay for their own business enterprises.

It is ludicrous, but just may work.

Old 11-07-2018, 08:10 PM
5 Year Member
well, i chose to live here so i cant really complain mang. hell u folks can move to other countries too if u desire. its not like you HAVE to live in the good ol' USA. i know for a fact i dont want to live in tokyo in a tiny little hut with a canopy over a parking spot they call garage.. or some roofless parking lot.

of course i suppose i could sell the land and build a nice house and garage in the mountain side.. but im too old to learn left-hand shitting mang.

alright sashimi tonight!

Old 11-07-2018, 10:08 PM
5 Year Member
Mike and I, and maybe you (kenchan) have different opinions, but that's what makes the US what it is. We all get to vote.

I'm actually very patriotic and would not live anywhere else. That being said, I will continue to vote to make this a better place. What I won't do is loot, plunder, or even march/protest and hold up normal working people. I will quietly vote and voice my opinion as an American.

I suspect that Mike and I are very much the same in that regard. Probably the same in many other regards as well.

Old 11-07-2018, 11:51 PM
5 Year Member
yep dont take anything for granted.

anyway, going back to cars.. it appears the programming i want to do on my Golf-R requires engine start so decided to wait till closer to the weekend. i dont feel like leaving water vapor stuck in my car's mid-pipe.

Old 11-08-2018, 08:58 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GAFIT
Mike and I, and maybe you (kenchan) have different opinions, but that's what makes the US what it is. We all get to vote.

I'm actually very patriotic and would not live anywhere else. That being said, I will continue to vote to make this a better place. What I won't do is loot, plunder, or even march/protest and hold up normal working people. I will quietly vote and voice my opinion as an American.

I suspect that Mike and I are very much the same in that regard. Probably the same in many other regards as well.
Peaceful protest is something this country was founded on (sup with that Boston Tea Party y'all) and without it do we even know MLK Jr., Representative John Lewis, etc.? No one is looting or plundering to make social change, but peaceful protest to draw attention to an important cause are deeply important to this country.

I'm not a patriotic man, but I strive to make this place better, telling me to 'move somewhere else if I don't like it' is not patriotism, it is backwards thinking that doesn't move the place forward for the better. The US is a worse place if people had been successful in telling MLK to go somewhere else, ditto for Cesar Chavez, Harriet Tubman, Susan B. Anthony, etc. The entire purpose of me moving to a city & aiming to go back to school is to make this country a better place, I don't believe in personal enrichment and I have zero ambitions for it, I only want to improve the world for others.

Old 11-08-2018, 09:06 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
I don't believe in personal enrichment, I only want to improve my rides.
Ditto, but I may have altered your quote a bit

My goals aren't near as lofty as yours. I'm hoping to do minimal harm.

Old 11-08-2018, 10:14 AM
5 Year Member
gotta pay to play.

whether it be taxes or tolerating crap. i’m here to stay. i’m just a regular kenchan and do not have dreamy ambitions. i will continue to enjoy my life even if my GK rattles like an out of alignment furnace motor. lol

Old 11-09-2018, 09:05 AM
5 Year Member
happy friday. first snow nothing much maybe 1.5” accumulation on grass. roads were just wet. WRX in DWS06 did well as expected. wife will be taking out the GK out later running snows. should do fine.

tis the season.. planning to pull out my Golf-R tomorrow, so will do some exhaust valve programming via OBD11. i like the Race mode sound but prefer the normal suspension damp setting for more comfort so going to just program the valves open.

have a good weekend!

Old 11-09-2018, 11:47 AM
5 Year Member
dogdamn.. used car prices are on ave $20,084 according to usatoday with folks paying as high as $400/month with a 66.9month loan. lol..! mostly suv and trucks so prices are higher, no one wants passenger cars like the GK so good news to hatch folks, prices have fallen. time to buy used!

interest rates going up, 19% up from 5 yrs ago.

happy used car hunting

Old 11-09-2018, 12:03 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by shinjari
Hey evilchargerfan! Didn't realize there was a meet at Green Flash Brewery up in Miramesa/Sorrento Valley.

Also I have seen that black/white s2k around town from time to time. Was it strictly a s2k meet? (Edit; nvm i see that integ type-r. Which theres one in the same color/condition as that one in my neighborhood. Whenever I see him I tease I wanna buy it since its all stock)
AutoFashion holds a huge VIP style cars event every year directly after Sema. they're genius because this is an easy way for them to bring in cars that would otherwise not drive down to San Diego (1 car, was shipped from Japan, to sema. and that car, made it down to vip fest 2018)

Hands down, the best event in San Diego (imo) for quality cars (dont expect to find many race cars here though)

more info:
Autofashion USA | Events

Old 11-09-2018, 01:09 PM
5 Year Member
bippu kaaa saikou said some chick 20 yrs ago on option video.

Old 11-09-2018, 01:36 PM
5 Year Member
Ordered another set of wheels for the S2000 because I'm an idiot.

Also getting fluids & endlinks replaced on the Fit today, I'm looking forward to driving a full strength six year old Honda Fit again. Brakes have been mush city for a long time.

Old 11-09-2018, 03:41 PM
5 Year Member
nice mike! hey u only live once. and life is too short. enjoy it to da max.

Old 11-09-2018, 03:46 PM
5 Year Member
so the store FINALLY shipped my Golf-R car cover after a 6wk wait. wtf mang.. not dat i needed it sooner but would be nice to have my merchandise timely.

watz even funnier is they shipped out of a neighboring state, yet fedex shows it won’t get delivered till next Friday. waat? lol.

Old 11-10-2018, 06:23 AM
5 Year Member
pulling out my Golf-R today and tomorrow for some motoring fun.

Old 11-10-2018, 06:24 AM
5 Year Member
i’m also going to do some quick maintenance / visual check on my GK and WRX.

Old 11-10-2018, 06:25 AM
5 Year Member
and this is the 10,000th post. congrats everyone!

have a great weekend!!

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?