General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2018, 08:47 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ashchuckton
Nice wheels Mike.

Ken I see you found your way back from your self imposed exile. Hope all is well in K land. ;-)
yah, looks like a clean set of wheels indeed. YOKOHAMA WHEEL All Brand List

thanks ash. yah, ive been doing great, hope u were and are doing well too. been super busy at work as always, some travel, but more working from the office the last few weeks enabling me to spend more time with my cars after hours and weekends. my cars are winterized and ready to take on snow. did the GK brake flush too with my kid. didnt make much of a difference in the pedal feel though, but at least the fluid is fresh and verified that there is still plenty of pad left. car is at 35k miles and noticed the factory tires are due for a rewrap probably end of next season. since i swap with snows in the colder months i think getting about 20-22k miles out of them which isnt too bad.

been going around checking out different parts of town with my wife on the weekends for lunch. some places the parking is super narrow and regular junk cars all around so my GK just blends in with everyone else which is nice.

WRX is running great with the AP Stage1 plus. installed a catch can for it last month since DI and a couple of other things to finish the car. real happy with it. its not really fast (kept up with a Camaro RS), but just fun driving it around at normal speeds more than anything.. perfect dd for me.

oh yah, Prima Car Care is officially back!!! wooot!! makers of Hydro and Hydro Max.. they will be fully operational in 2019. this is super great news mang.

Old 11-03-2018, 08:44 AM
5 Year Member
Good looking wheels Mike410b and great to hear you were able to find a buyer for the house. Seems like project-urban is going smoothly?

Welcome back Kenchan.

Old 11-03-2018, 09:19 AM
5 Year Member
thanks shinjari, hope ur home improvement project is coming along too.

heading out to get my haircut this am, going to wash and do some maintenance on the Terns before storage today. kinda bitter sweet winter is here.. will motor my WRX before heading home though.

have a good saturday everyone!

Old 11-03-2018, 06:47 PM
5 Year Member
alright, after getting my haircut went motoring in my WRX and had a good time. got home, cleaned up the 3 bicycles real nice and hung them up on the garage wall.
since i had to pull my STI out of the garage to hang the bicycles (for safety sake), decided to take her out for a nice drive as well. had a blast.

been mixing Stabil360 in the STI and Golf-R's fuel since a few weeks ago due to winterized gas. stabilizes E10 for up to a year even if less than 90% full in the tank! very convenient for my hobby cars that i will drive only on dry days in the winter. gives me much more flexibility and peace of mind.

also got snow shovels and snow brum from storage..

Old 11-03-2018, 09:18 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by kenchan
................been mixing Stabil360...........

Been doing the same thing for more than 4 decades!
Back on the island, mostly for my small motored 2 & 4 stroke equipment (lawn mower, blower, chain saw, jet skis, gen set, power washer, etc...) It's certainly a must for any gas powered items /vehicles that aren't used for continuous periods, especially those that are stored for months.
Never had any gumming up fuel derived issues.
Don't use it on the Fit as it's a DD, but its definitely in my scooter which won't be roaded till the beginning of the 2nd quarter next year.

Old 11-04-2018, 12:27 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by shinjari
Good looking wheels Mike410b and great to hear you were able to find a buyer for the house. Seems like project-urban is going smoothly?

Welcome back Kenchan.
Thanks! It went quickly & I'm deeply happy about it, especially watching the stock market, the real estate market is going to stagnate/decline similarly soon. I think I timed it just right.

Urban life is good, I've only started the Fit to commute to work & visit my parents out in the country. Not a single errand has required a car thus far, its been beautiful.

Old 11-04-2018, 02:11 PM
5 Year Member
Good luck to you in your new urban life Mike. I think your Fit will be a great urban dwellers car. I hope you will be OK with all the dings it will accumulate being one. Having lived an urban life for a number of years I'm happy to be out near the country. Different strokes as they say.

Old 11-04-2018, 02:56 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ROTTBOY

Been doing the same thing for more than 4 decades!
yah, i like the fact that the 360 has vapor technology to protect above the fuel line inside the tank. the regular stabilizer i was using in my RWD cars during hibernation did not have the vapor technology so basically forced to keep the fuel full throughout winter. now I can continue driving my hobby cars with full protection without worrying where the fuel line is. very nice.

alright worked on my GK this am to mount a new magnet based iphone holder for my wife. she swapped iphones recently and with her tank of a case it would not fit the earlier proclip cradle, so screwed on a magnet mount with a locking swivel onto the proclip base. now she can swap cases whenever she wants and it will still be compatible. plus, i can use it too which is a plus. i use the proclip that mounts to the dash on the passenger side of the HU. very solid.

Old 11-04-2018, 03:45 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ashchuckton
Good luck to you in your new urban life Mike. I think your Fit will be a great urban dwellers car. I hope you will be OK with all the dings it will accumulate being one. Having lived an urban life for a number of years I'm happy to be out near the country. Different strokes as they say.
I'm hoping the Fit does okay, I have no intentions of ever driving the Fit within the city itself, I'm going to buy a bike pretty soon to give me greater emissions free mobility but I'm centrally located to where I've been able to walk anywhere I want thus far.

Old 11-04-2018, 03:59 PM
5 Year Member
u still in WI? bicycle in the winter can be a little cold..and slippery on ice. lol

Old 11-04-2018, 04:01 PM
5 Year Member
Yep, still WI. I can walk in the winter.

Old 11-04-2018, 04:12 PM
5 Year Member
walking is good. good for your health too. i park at the farthest spot at work and not only does it keep my car ding free, a little more exercise for me. i would use the staircase too if the building would allow tenants to unlock the staircase door at their floors from the inside... it's always locked and i go to work pretty early so not many people around..

Old 11-04-2018, 04:38 PM
5 Year Member
so while i was gone the last month, wife and i spoke about wat to do about my GK. ive been ready to sell it since like a year ago when the flaking paint started. this was long after the vtc rattle started and all the other annoying problems the car had since day one. at one point my wife gave me a GO to get the new Crostrek limited with eyesight standard.

but long story short i decided to keep the GK until its 7th year (original target) or when the DI kills itself whichever is sooner. lol primary reason is while i kept my GK in pristine shape until the flaking paint started (datz about when i totally gave up on the car), its good to have a beater to go to these restaurants and stores in the nasty part of town. i mean the places ive gone to the last couple of weekends were pretty nasty.. like cars that were parked outside this shopping center were rust buckets, old, and my spotless WRX would be completely out of place. but they have good food so still wanted to stop in for lunch with the wife. my GK literally fit in perfectly with its flaking door paint and early rusting of rear wheel arches. the car gives us freedom.. freedom to blend in. and unlike uber, i dont have to wait for my stinky ride or pay anything extra.

so my GK will be with me for at least a couple more yrs.

Old 11-04-2018, 04:59 PM
5 Year Member
I'm not calling your car a beater Ken, but as you said there is a freedom to having a car that you aren't too worried about. Driving a nice new shiny ride will gain you unwanted attention in some parts of town. Any town.

Old 11-04-2018, 07:55 PM
5 Year Member
ash- yah, often times i like to just go stealth and be unnoticed in my free time. my wife is the same way. GK gives us that peace of mind and new meaning to keep it.

my wife also said that her newest client is in a rural area and not many pretty cars in their lot. mostly regular cars and older rusted beaters. and when they go out to lunch sometimes, they see my wife's car (GK) and they dont think anything of it. that is wat she wants.

Old 11-05-2018, 01:21 PM
5 Year Member
nothing much on my ride kenchan, just little things here and there

saw some cool cars over the weekend, these should be mike410b approved

(the japanese man with the man bun was speechless)

my buddys car, nothing too crazy, I just appreciate his choice in livery

and this guy, ls swapped

Old 11-05-2018, 01:27 PM
5 Year Member
J's Racing widebody is so extra, I never know whether I like it or think its too busy. I'd drive a car with it though.

Old 11-05-2018, 01:55 PM
5 Year Member
hey evil nice picts. were u at sema last week? havent been to one since moving back from LA near 2 decades ago..!

dogdamn i miss living in socal.. especially this time of yr when i’m putting on snow tires on the GK. lol
i hear el nino for u guys in cali? hope not too much crazy rain.

Old 11-05-2018, 02:00 PM
5 Year Member
in lighter news i finally got around measuing ride heights between my factory ride STI and WRX over the weekend.

i was scratching my head as to why my WRX appeared slightly lifted (?) vs my STI when i put my STI’s Prodrives on the WRX the other week. ends up there is a 10-12mm ride height difference between the STI and WRX. huh.. not enough to warrant lowering springs on my WRX but the wheels do look tighter on my slightly lower STI.

Old 11-05-2018, 03:14 PM
5 Year Member
I have alot of respect for the owner of that wide body s2k, the dude did a ton of his own work, in his garage. It is "busy", I kinda dig it.

I was in vegas the weekend prior to sema, I left monday morn as all the cool sema guys just go into town. You can def tell the presence of loud flashy cars .... no escaping that

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?