General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2018, 06:45 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
hummm... did not get to the test drive today. oh well.. wife had other plans for me so decided to do that instead.

did clean the STI's glass and dusted the car in prep for pulling out my R tomorrow, will wash the WRX after da Golf-R's drive too i thinks, weather permitting.

Old 08-12-2018, 08:05 AM
5 Year Member
looks like a go for motoring my R and washing my WRX dis am.

the voltage multiplier is still stuck somewhere in the ups system.. hopeful i will get it tomorrow..

have a good sunday everyone!

Old 08-12-2018, 08:58 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GAFIT
Nice that yours came with the STI shifter. Was it a dealer add on?

A few years ago I looked at a new WRX that had quite a few dealer installed goodies. Shifter, exhaust, kicker speakers, etc. Kind of neat that some dealers still do that stuff.
Some dealers do add these items for additional markup and labor through the service department.

When the car is factory ordered with the Subaru SPT exhaust and SPT STi short throw shifters and some other items they are technically PIO (Port Installed Options) and the labor is free. They just show up on the window sticker like any other option. Again there isn't any reason for a dealer to install the short throw shifter themselves unless a customer wants one on a car that wasn't equipped with one and the other is charging full list for the shifter and selling labour through their service department.

Lastly the SPT STi exhaust is made in the USA at FCI America in Carol Stream, IL. FIC America Corp. | FUTABA INDUSTRIAL CO.,LTD.

Old 08-12-2018, 02:33 PM
5 Year Member
alright motored my R, had a great time. such a fast car mang, great weapon of choice for sunday morning drives in no traffic back roads. my STI is fast but mang my R is a rocket with super handling. i luv the interior and stereo too..

QD'ed her up and proceeded to washed my WRX. also helped my kid touch up his bike where he damaged it earlier. he needed matte black paint so let him use my favorite duplicolor engine enamel spray paint. cleaned it up real nice.

once in the shade im going give the WRX a nice coat of HydroMax this pm. not too worried about bird crap, now worried about bee crap. dat yellow shit stains the paint. the sealant will help prevent dat to an extent. i really need a bigger garage. lol

Old 08-12-2018, 06:31 PM
5 Year Member
cleaned the WRX's panels and applied HydroMax. like teflon finish. some areas needed some claying so used clay2.0 again with distilled water as lube, followed up with some scratch-x using Griot's red pad. finally got a nice thick coat of sealant. should be good until late september when i'll reapply in prep for winter to reinforce. bee crap just shears off now.

clear bra is looking good. 99% dry now so applied sealant as well.

i might get me a weighted hybrid knob for da WRX.. gates are a tad notchy for my taste.

Old 08-13-2018, 09:21 AM
5 Year Member
I got banned last week lol.

I bought wheels for my GE on Saturday, they'll arrive from Japan in 12 weeks

Old 08-13-2018, 09:48 AM
5 Year Member
Dang Mike410b what you do?

More importantly, what wheels did you order?

My home modem power brick took a dump yesterday night. SO I'm either buying another brick if I can find one locally...or gonna upgrade my modem. Its a DOCSIS 3.0 8x4...Gigabit is being offered now for something like $20/month than I currently pay....maybe I'll go that route haha.

Washed and drove the Civic....posted Miata for sale...replaced brake light switch on Elantra.

Happy Monday everyone.

Old 08-13-2018, 10:06 AM
5 Year Member
alright gave da perrin shifter stop a test drive this am coming to work. very good. ordered a weighted hybrid knob. should give it dat nice final touch.

the voltage multiplier is to arrive today so will give it a shot too tonight.

have a good monday everyone!

mike which wheel did u get?
shinjari hope u figure out ur modem situation.

Old 08-13-2018, 11:06 AM
5 Year Member
I'm fairly confident its the brick. Took my multi-meter to it and got 0 response. Continuity shows it as open.

Glad the shifter stop got rid of that slop. Sounds similar to the Acuity mods I did to my shifter.

Old 08-13-2018, 11:35 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by shinjari
Dang Mike410b what you do?

More importantly, what wheels did you order?

My home modem power brick took a dump yesterday night. SO I'm either buying another brick if I can find one locally...or gonna upgrade my modem. Its a DOCSIS 3.0 8x4...Gigabit is being offered now for something like $20/month than I currently pay....maybe I'll go that route haha.

Washed and drove the Civic....posted Miata for sale...replaced brake light switch on Elantra.

Happy Monday everyone.
Good question haha, I'm not sure.

I bought some Advan Kreutzer Xi 16x7 +38. A nice twist is that I had Kreutzer Xii on my GD3, in 15x7+37.

GB internet speeds sound flipping cool. Good bye NB.

I also like this picture of my car I took yesterday.

Old 08-13-2018, 11:45 AM
5 Year Member
Nice Advans!

I'll be curious to see if you rub. Ours rubs in the rear at +40. Need something in the +45ish area to not rub on ours. Hits on a tab on the outside in the rear even after heavy massaging.

You going to get the rash repaired or just live with it?

Old 08-13-2018, 12:06 PM
5 Year Member
DAYMN Those are nice!! Where did you buy from?

I ran 15x8 +35s with 205/50/15's lowered 2" and it rubbed in the rear ever so slightly. After a quick roll of the nearly rolled from the factory rear fenders...no more issues.

Per good old offest calculators my 15x8 +35 is +16 more outside than the 16x7 +38s. Fairly confident he'll clear just fine =)

Last edited by shinjari; 08-13-2018 at 01:21 PM.
Old 08-13-2018, 12:23 PM
5 Year Member
Ours clears...until we hit a big dip in the road.

When first installed, we drove it from GA to OH. Thought it was fine until we got to OH and experienced the Interstates there.

After some massaging, it's good enough, but I can still get it to rub on full compression in the rear. I'm guessing that not many get their's to full compression. Gotta love the mountains!

Old 08-13-2018, 01:26 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GAFIT
Nice Advans!

I'll be curious to see if you rub. Ours rubs in the rear at +40. Need something in the +45ish area to not rub on ours. Hits on a tab on the outside in the rear even after heavy massaging.

You going to get the rash repaired or just live with it?
Thanks! I had 15x7 +37 on my GD, never really rubbed in that car, with 195/50/15 S.Drives lowered on Tein S-Tech.

I'm hoping I don't rub, I'm going to buy swift springs/new dampers and run 195/50/16 Continental ExtremeContact Sport with this.

I'm not going to bother with cleaning up the rash, my car has dents/dings from other drivers, so beat up wheels will just match.

DAYMN Those are nice!! Where did you buy from?

I ran 15x8 +35s with 205/50/15's lowered 2" and it rubbed in the rear ever so slightly. After a quick roll of the nearly rolled from the factory rear fenders...no more issues.

Per good old offest calculators my 15x8 +35 is +16 more outside than the 16x7 +38s. Fairly confident he'll clear just fine =)
I got from Yahoo Auctions Japan, my source for all things used. I'm REALLY hoping I don't rub, just because I don't feel like rolling any more fenders haha and thanks dude!

I think between being lowered, these, JDM tails & Tanabe exhaust, car should really look great (for a daily).

Old 08-13-2018, 01:42 PM
5 Year Member
alright da voltage multiplier arrived finally for my wrx so will give it a run tonight.

shinjari yah it’s a night day difference with dat shifter stop. finally feels right. oh yah da arm rest extension was also a good fit for my WRX. no issue with shifting with my elbow. funny how different the WRX is vs STI.

Old 08-13-2018, 04:15 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah the tanabe exhaust has a very nice tone to it. I was extremely happy with that on the GE. Man I'll hav eto check out Yahoo Auctions Japan for some legit JDM wheels for the Civic....granted I'm sure the Konig Ultraforms I've been looking at are still probably best balance of weight savings/looks/cost. Just not very unique.

Arm rest extension?

Also looking at my modem...new brick is $20...similar new modem (8x4) is $50...Since they recently started offering gigabit in my neighborhood I may go that route, especially since a coworker has a 'spare' DOCSIS 3.1 router hes willing to sell for the cost of a new 32x8 DOCSIS 3.0 router. So I could upgrade to gigabit if I ever wanted to.

Old 08-13-2018, 04:57 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah the tanabe exhaust has a very nice tone to it. I was extremely happy with that on the GE. Man I'll hav eto check out Yahoo Auctions Japan for some legit JDM wheels for the Civic....granted I'm sure the Konig Ultraforms I've been looking at are still probably best balance of weight savings/looks/cost. Just not very unique.

Arm rest extension?

Also looking at my modem...new brick is $20...similar new modem (8x4) is $50...Since they recently started offering gigabit in my neighborhood I may go that route, especially since a coworker has a 'spare' DOCSIS 3.1 router hes willing to sell for the cost of a new 32x8 DOCSIS 3.0 router. So I could upgrade to gigabit if I ever wanted to.
With YAJ, you have to factor in shipping costs. My import costs are around $250 and the wheels themselves were as much.

But $500 for neat japanese wheels I never see stateside? I'm in.

Old 08-13-2018, 05:14 PM
5 Year Member
Exactly thats a great deal I think. $500 for JDM unique wheels is awesome.

Old 08-13-2018, 08:09 PM
5 Year Member
nice..looks like a lot of win in here today!

my turn. got home hooked up the throttle voltage multiplier on my WRX. installed it inside the little coin cubby (modded the cubby a little for the wiring but no biggie) located just left of the steering column so unless im playing with it, i can close the cubby door and no one can tell i even have the thing wired on my car.

took the car out for a test drive with my kid, did a few trials and found a good baseline setting.. basically just a mild setting (City +1) is all it took to get rid of the throttle slop from the factory. no more srow throttle response and MUCH easier to drive. its going to be an even more fun drive from now on.

i should be getting the hybrid knob maybe wednesday. should finish up the car real nicely.. well, besides tint.

Old 08-14-2018, 08:35 AM
5 Year Member
hummmm... just realized the LED’s i ordered didn’t arrive yesterday and amazon put a bogus reason dat my house was ‘closed for holiday’ so could not deliver or some BS. wtf dese worthless local delivery pos garbage pansies.

amazon gave me a store credit so got more other stuff on order. lol. LED’s should arrive today. so dumb.

alright da throttle was much better and responsive during da drive this am to work. dialed it back a notch to City 0 setting.

have a good tuesday everyone!!

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?