General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2018, 11:16 AM
5 Year Member
Totally agree ash.

I just take exception to saying the Civics are behind. Behind at what? The Si's get better fuel mileage than anything else in class and out handle almost everything.

I'd say that the Golf platform really only excels at one thing compared to the others and that's comfort. Led us to buying one, but I wouldn't say that makes the others lesser cars.

I'd say there are just a whole bunch of good choices and, if on a budget, you have to pick what's most important to you. Budget unlimited and you can probably have it all.

Old 07-24-2018, 11:27 AM
5 Year Member
The new CSi rides much more nicely than the GTI IMO.

Old 07-24-2018, 11:37 AM
5 Year Member
Lol true dat Kenchan...I do drive a regular Joe-schmo Civic. Just with your talk of Sti and Golf-R I thought you were looking at another STI/R, not a non-STI WRX. So I'd say your experience of the sluggish response makes sense considering you're coming from such nice cars...some with tuned maps.

The GTI is a great car. I think they have a great interior, very roomy, fast. MPG is decent. But considering the 10k+ a year i drive I need something I don't have to worry about.

ASH - you bring up an excellent point...it is hard to go backwards but after driving the Miata I've definitely changed my mind some about 'needing' HP/TQ to have fun.

Regarding handling, I'd say the SI RSB I added helped reduce body roll quite a bit. I can feel the rear dig into turns more which is awesome and I can take curves, on/offramps with more confidence at speed than previously. Pretty happy with my $40 upgrade. =)

Also found some real numbers after performing the tune. With Stage 1 tune I'd get about +30whp (215whp) and +40-50wtq (260wtq).

Revising my resume is such a chore. Some jobs want a 1-page resume...that gets tough to consolidate. What am I putting on there? My name...education...email...previous experience with no detail on job..."gimme a job?" lol.

Last edited by shinjari; 07-24-2018 at 11:41 AM.
Old 07-24-2018, 11:41 AM
5 Year Member
Maybe find a water mark that you can print in the background real faintly?

"This one is a winner."
"Hire this guy."
"Best candidate."

May either work as a subliminal message or make you stand out?

Old 07-24-2018, 11:45 AM
5 Year Member
LOL that could do the trick haha.

Old 07-24-2018, 11:55 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GAFIT
I generally agree with you, but this just isn't true. The CTR wins the battle in EVERY measurable way.

The CTR actually beats the highest level Golf (R) and the highest level Impreza (STI) at everything that can be measured in an objective way.

It's faster around EVERY track, faster in a drag race, pulls more g's on a skid pad, etc.

Now, subjective is a different story and you're entitled to your opinion. Personally, I find the Golfs more comfortable and find the ergonomics to be better.

That being said, the CTR is certainly not behind. It's leading the pack at everything else.
i’m not talking about da ctr. i’m taking about da civic. i don’t want a ctr remember?

Old 07-24-2018, 11:59 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
The new CSi rides much more nicely than the GTI IMO.
please tell me moar! my GTI is modded so don’t remember how it drives vs stock. want to like da civic si but my head is still leaning more towards the wrx.

Old 07-24-2018, 12:02 PM
5 Year Member
also ctr might shine on da track but i don’t drive track. AWD>FWD on street no question.

shinjari- those are good numbers with the tune.
new interviews coming up?

Old 07-24-2018, 12:11 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ashchuckton
If you are going to track the car yep the CTR is the one. For the street pick what you like, the performance of the 3 listed are the same when driven sanely on the street. I'd pick the Golf R, because I like to be comfortable.

Pretty amazing how good cars have become over the years. We have HP & mileage. Life is good these days for a car guy.

Ken - The power of your STI has spoiled you. I do understand, it is hard to go a different direction.
yah agree, Golf-R is definitely the all package car and i luv mine. and actually my Golf-R is faster dan my STI and easily do 30mpg. the STI is fast enough for me but it’s got its unique balance and its raw nature make it fun to drive. ctr is great if u track on a dry day i suppose. but i’m not looking for a car to replace my STI or R.

Old 07-24-2018, 12:37 PM
5 Year Member
I think the CSi would be worth a drive before finalizing the decision on the WRX. A test drive would probably cement the decision one way or the other.

WRX certainly has the advantage of AWD for snow use, but otherwise I think you could achieve your goals for more than $10k less with the CSi.

Old 07-24-2018, 12:37 PM
5 Year Member
btw guys i appreciate da discussions.

Old 07-24-2018, 12:39 PM
5 Year Member
Strange thing to consider...

Is it better to have AWD for a new driver or better for them to experience wheel spin?

I think it helped me learn how to drive having the 5.0 early. I'm now really good at controlling wheel spin and not being the least bit afraid of it. Maybe that's a bad thing though? LOL

Old 07-24-2018, 12:51 PM
5 Year Member
I think the CSi would be worth a drive before finalizing the decision on the WRX. A test drive would probably cement the decision one way or the other.

WRX certainly has the advantage of AWD for snow use, but otherwise I think you could achieve your goals for more than $10k less with the CSi.
completely agree cause i forgot how da thing drove. i did test drive one last yr?
anyway da price delta is big.. hell i can probably put da difference (after gti trade) on my amazon credit card. lol.

Last edited by kenchan; 07-24-2018 at 12:54 PM. Reason: fix engrish typing
Old 07-24-2018, 12:52 PM
5 Year Member
Strange thing to consider...

Is it better to have AWD for a new driver or better for them to experience wheel spin?

I think it helped me learn how to drive having the 5.0 early. I'm now really good at controlling wheel spin and not being the least bit afraid of it. Maybe that's a bad thing though? LOL
well if it waz da brz definitely cool to learn wheel spin but fwd wheel spin we can do even on da GK on ice. lol

Old 07-24-2018, 12:55 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
fwd wheel spin we can do even on da GK on ice. lol
Video please !

Old 07-24-2018, 12:59 PM
5 Year Member
My Son turns 8 soon. I know it's a bit early, but I feel like I should pick up a Crown Vic police car (CVPI) while they are still cheap and plentiful.

It's the perfect learner IMO. Rear drive, limited slip, v8, packed in a chassis that is very safe, competent, and disposable.

Old 07-24-2018, 01:02 PM
5 Year Member
i do want to check out da cooper-s as well. yah my kid thinks it’s a silly looking car and it is but it’s where sport hatchbacks kinda all started and i won’t look poor as older people drive coopers for its coolness. however i would if parking a civic si next to my buddy’s bimmerz and benz at work.. dey probably tell me to park it elsewhere vs my corner spot.

Old 07-24-2018, 01:03 PM
5 Year Member
My Son turns 8 soon. I know it's a bit early, but I feel like I should pick up a Crown Vic police car (CVPI) while they are still cheap and plentiful.

It's the perfect learner IMO. Rear drive, limited slip, v8, packed in a chassis that is very safe, competent, and disposable.
put him in da back seat to get a taste of getting arrested? wat?

Old 07-24-2018, 01:54 PM
5 Year Member
white or black? csi

i like white but it’s a pearl, not da super white or taffeta white

i’m leaning black if csi..

Old 07-24-2018, 01:55 PM
5 Year Member
I like the pearl white because it's a silver pearl and not a color. That being said, I also like the black, blue, silver, and steel. All are good colors to me.

Edit....remember all Honda black are pearl also. Not sure if that matters.

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?