General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2018, 01:26 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
i know that is not a bad idea! i’ll look into it. much more realistic vs my son asking me to get a brz wink wink bs. lol

oh noez! anthony passes away. so sad mang. RIP

Old 06-08-2018, 01:27 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by shinjari
Ash whats the thing on your windshield frame above the rear view mirror?

Mike- look forward to the update on suspension. Looking very nice. Glad you've been able to drive it more lately.

Dont the ND and Fiat 124 share the same chassis?

GAFIT I did see that rumor about the AWD CTR...With such positive reviews about the FWD and no under/oversteer...what gains would there be with AWD? For poor weather conditions?
Hondata and Ktuner have done some tune's for the CTR and I've seen 375hp and 400ft/lbs.
shinjari that is called a Cool Breeze scoop. It does what the name implies & really does cool you down. Cool Breeze Scoop

Mike I love your S2K. Even stock they are great cars.

Yep the Miata & Fiat Abarth roadster are built on the same structure & on the same assembly line. There are some great deals to be had on Abarth's now.

With all the work Honda did to make the CTR as great as it is I sure don't feel it needs awd. Although if awd was offered I'd bet they'd sell a lot.

Old 06-08-2018, 01:32 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
the only RWD id consider is the M2 or M3, but as noted earlier, the hours i usually pull out my cars is too early and road surfaces are too cold. no grip. no fun. AWD is king.
Snow tires are king. A rwd car with real snow tires will run away from an awd with all seasons.

Snow tires on an awd & you will pee your pants laughing at the other folks out there struggling.

Old 06-08-2018, 01:51 PM
5 Year Member
i’ve run LM80’s on my G a while back. it works on a heavy rwd car fosho yes i had a set of snows on my legacy wagon. it gripped like no snow on da ground!

Old 06-08-2018, 02:06 PM
5 Year Member
yah i’d need the limited with eyesight in order to have wat i want and it will take me near $37-38k for the wrx. to me the regular wrx is only worth like 30-32k tops. and those premium trims don’t come with keyless entry which i must have. so no go for me.

Old 06-08-2018, 02:26 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
yah i’d need the limited with eyesight in order to have wat i want and it will take me near $37-38k for the wrx. to me the regular wrx is only worth like 30-32k tops. and those premium trims don’t come with keyless entry which i must have. so no go for me.
I run into that problem with almost everything I look at. Most things are just overpriced once you add features.

Full keyless is a must for me as well. Besides performance, seating, etc here's my checklist:

Smart entry (full keyless)
Remote start (if automatic)
Heated/Cooled seats
Heated steering wheel
Adaptive cruise
BLISS
LED/HID Adaptive headlights
Apple car play
Navigation

Not many vehicles check all those boxes. I'm willing to give here and there, but once I cross off too many, I decide to just keep driving my Lincoln that has all of those, seats 5 comfortably, and put 403 rwhp to the rollers. Trouble is that I have the new car bug and I will eventually run out of warranty.

Old 06-08-2018, 03:45 PM
5 Year Member
yah i think i’m going to sit this one out for a bit. at least until i’m definitely ready to swap my dd.

Old 06-09-2018, 07:06 AM
5 Year Member
alright, pulling out my slower bicycle this am and then heading out for lunch and the mall with the wife in the GK.

have a good saturday eveeyone!

Old 06-09-2018, 10:56 AM
5 Year Member
alright got back from my am errand in the GK. all da slow cvt crap aside, the GK is a great basic car. mang i wish i could like this car enough to buy a MT one for my kid.. every morning the car starts with the loud VTC rattle reminding me wat a pos it is.

starting to get hungry. wat to eat for lunch. either steak or jlander.. hummmmm...

Old 06-09-2018, 07:49 PM
5 Year Member
went out for lunch at a j-kitchen with the wife. GK fit perfectly in a compact car spot in this extremely crowded parking lot.

wen we got home i decided to take the GTI for the last errand as i knew i did not have to park at a crowded parking lot and wanted to stretch my legs a bit.

wife was like so fast! when i merged onto the expressway as usual. im like yah, ure supposed to be able to decide where U want to merge, not give up on life and merge behind everyone else. she was like

so i told her she can have my GTI no strings attached and she was like i like the car but the fuel cost is too high. *facepalm* wife also gets paid for the milage she uses to get to her clients place so when it comes to the bottomline, the GK wins.

oh well, GK for her it is then.. lol

Old 06-09-2018, 07:58 PM
5 Year Member
Bought a Samsung 28" 4k monitor for my desktop today. One of their inexpensive models. It's so-so. After some tweaking, it's good enough.

I wish that the actual good ones weren't $700+. That's just hard to justify.

At least my old eyes are liking the extra real estate. I'm replacing a 12 year old 22" Samsung that had served me well.

Old 06-09-2018, 08:12 PM
5 Year Member
sounds like a fun purchase.

i just use an older 21"? 22"? asus monitor in my music room to watch dvd's and blueray. it does okay for me, its small enough to keep the resolution high. will use it until it craps out.

my wife being a computer person has a real nice setup but i dont mess with her stuff.. she showed me one time some high def movie and i was like WOW!

Old 06-09-2018, 08:28 PM
5 Year Member
after we got home kids and i went out for a quick stroll with our bicycles to the park. was a nice relaxing ride. not much of an exercise today but oh well. my bike is too fast to ride on this trail anyway so it was fine.. too many people walking their dogs and babies in strollers, etc.

maybe tomorrow i'll take my usual trail for another round of arse (quad) kicking.. so glad i got my bikes recently mang, its been real fun riding and tinkering with them.

Old 06-10-2018, 08:49 AM
5 Year Member
another wet am and i dont care. will be pulling out my bicycle later for some riding fun.

so still on the fence wat to do with bicycle #3.. im pretty much set on ordering the Hummingbird multi-gear in CF finish, but i want to see if Tern is going to be releasing a new top end minivelo this month. mine is their 2017 release Verge X11 which is their current flagship.. i want to be certain im not going to miss out on any new top end models coming out.

another completely different route would be forget taking my bike to the bigger parks in my car and get this spec'ed out to my size.. i didnt know one can buy their bikes for so cheap.

https://www.cannondale.com/en/USA/Bi...ntid=undefined

have a good sunday everyone!

Old 06-10-2018, 09:37 AM
5 Year Member
Funny thing with the monitor...I have it set at 3840x2160 resolution, but then have it set at 175% scale.

Darn old eyes can't take advantage of the resolution potential. At 100% everything is just tiny!

Old 06-10-2018, 09:47 AM
5 Year Member
yep. one of the reasons why i havent upgraded my monitor is i dont want the complexity.. im watching the movie's story or documentary content, i dont care so much about the visual clarity or watever these days. i mean the quality is still very good regardless compared to my CRT days.. lol

same goes for my music listening. i use to be an audiophile guy but lately i just listen through BT. i still like or dislike the content of the music, but the quality of the audio itself, im okay to let some of dat go.

Old 06-10-2018, 09:51 AM
5 Year Member
especially music.. the original music file is clipping in a lot of the tunes these days as they are pushing the dynamic audio compression so frikken high.. (brings up the average audio level). no sense getting super audiophile listening equipment just to hear the clipping with more clarity. lol

Old 06-10-2018, 10:47 AM
5 Year Member
oh yah, i updated my iOS to 11.4 yesterday and tested on my GTI's carplay. worked perfectly.

updated my iPadMini too this am.

Old 06-10-2018, 11:16 AM
5 Year Member
I'm still one of those CD music listeners. I keep a handful in each car for when I want to hear something with some actual definition and clarity. Same for the house.

Doesn't have the nice texture sound of vinyl, but at least it's not missing entire audio ranges.

Great to hear about 11.4! I've been delaying it waiting on a report. Thanks for being the guinea pig

My Dad has had nothing but trouble with the POS system in his CR-V. Honda really can't seem to get their electronics right. Makes it hard for me to buy a CTR watching him have to re-pair his phone about once a week. He even switched phones, but same problems.

My Ford sync system and our VW have been flawless with the exception of that one really bad iOS that apple launched last year.

Old 06-10-2018, 11:38 AM
5 Year Member
yah, audio CD's have good sound especially recording that were made at least 15-20yrs ago before everyone went into their LOUD playback frenzy. they lost perspective of natural audio dynamics vs compressed dynamics. (im not talking about loss of audio resolution, im taking just the loss of soft and loud music playback). everything just has to sound louder to them and they over dynamically compress to a point the audio is clipping during loud passages.

huh, sorry to hear about the CRV's audio woes.. honda is a weird company. they seem to be on top of it all yet been making silly mistakes often. they are plagued by the yutori generation and their lack of traditional japanese disciplines. they feel things will work out on its own.. or someone will fix it for them.

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?