General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2018, 09:12 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
I learned how to drive a manual in a parking lot in an hour.
Once again I agree with you mike.

ken- once your boy learns in the lot you can gradually move him onto the road. I don't know where you live so there may not be roads close by that are suitable. Take a drive to get to those less crowded roads & let him gain more experience. Many people have learned to drive a stick & the clutch survived.

Old 05-12-2018, 09:17 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
maytag is garbage. if it was a car, it'd be my GK. lol.. 3months in the brand new fridge's compressor failed, sears sent out some bogus polish mofo (he said he was from poland so.. anyway he did more talking dan fixing).. he made me sign some bogus doc stating i wont sue for any liability if he damaged anything. im like wtf mang, just fix the damn thing i dont have time for ur bs..and he ended up not being able to fix it, nor did he have the parts. wtf sears..wasted like 3hrs.

so i basically kicked him out of the house for wasting my am. was pissed cause i had to go out and buy ice in the middle of the night and all to keep the fridge cold, etc.. i contacted another local guy unrelated to sears... this time a good ol' american dood came, also a maytag certified tech. in his case he had the parts on hand, all the tools, very prepared, explained wat the problem was and wat he was going to do, and fixed it within like 90min. and free cause under warranty.. i was pleased so gave the pro a $50 tip.

hasnt fallen apart since.
Ha! I seem to have struck a nerve ken, sorry about that. I guess I'm showing my age, at one time a Maytag was the best you could get. Like many things times have changed. Buying from Sears was a large mistake for sure. Customer care is non-existent these days. When you find a good guy get his info for the next time.

Back on topic????

Old 05-12-2018, 09:50 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
ash - haha, yah that maytag did piss me off. actually all the appliances i bought the last 6 yrs all broke down within a year or year and a half. i can’t believe how crappy these things are made these days. sheeesh!

i live in the burbs and there are enough parks and big parking lots he can learn MT. but rather have a car he can break than mine! lol. especially the STI has a delicate engine so..

Old 05-12-2018, 12:03 PM
5 Year Member
alright got my hair cut, decided to go home straight cause i wanted to ride my new bicycle instead of going shopping for a MT car. pulled out the Tern and went out for a stroll. so relaxing and with 11 gears it has plenty of ratios to keep me going even on a steep incline. nice top speed, plenty for a casual rider like me. it was a great buy, i luv it.

got home and noticed im terribly out of shape. my quads were weak when i walked down to the basement to grab my cup of noodles. lol will keep at it through summer into fall.

Old 05-12-2018, 04:10 PM
5 Year Member
got my accessories installed on my bicycle, including all the tools needed to do emergency flat tire repair. now ready to go riding.

Old 05-12-2018, 07:22 PM
5 Year Member
called my mom over in jland to see how's she's doing on mother's day.
she's doing well. i sent her gifts and a card my (artist) son made. she liked

happy mother's day to all you mom's out there !

Old 05-13-2018, 07:54 AM
5 Year Member
no am motoring today. but once the roads dry up going to take the tern out for a quick ride.

will see wat my wife wants to do today.. she said she wanted to sleep in and take a break so. haha my kids are making her brunch, pm snack, and supper.

Old 05-13-2018, 09:46 AM
5 Year Member
decided to order oem low profile splash guards for my bicycle cause the whole purpose of getting the bike was for me to enjoy the outdoors including early mornings when roads are still wet. im too lazy to motor my fun cars in the wet and washing them afterwards. i wash my dd every week and thats enough washing for me..

Old 05-14-2018, 10:18 AM
5 Year Member
Happy Monday everyone!

Get that o2 sensor fixed Mike! Your s2k is not running as efficiently as honda intended...thus potentially polluting more than intended! Ok, just kidding...but not really.

Added rebar to the firepit...very tedious work tying all that rebar together. I got about 1/3 of it tied down. All to save $100-150 based on the quotes I've gotten for it lol.

Checked my mom's Rogue when she came over yesterday. Shocks aren't leaking. Took it for a drive, no sounds or clunking. Not bouncy, struts rebound smooth and drove smoothly. So I'm gonna chalk it up to shops trying to sell people unnecessary things on these intervals. 'replace your struts every 60k for safety'...*sigh*.

The sway links definitely need replacing though but thats easy and shouldn't affect her alignment. So saving my mom some serious $$$....shop quoted something like $900 for everything...Links should cost me about $60 for both.

Old 05-14-2018, 10:48 AM
5 Year Member
Nice shanjari!

We have a friend visiting. Drives a 2013 Hyundai Veloster Turbo. Loaded with a manual. Only has 13k miles because he also has a motorcycle and doesn't drive much.

Asked me to drive it because the brakes felt funny. I drove it and said we need to take up to my guy at Ford because it's definitely not right, but I'm not sure why. Couldn't see anything wrong so maybe an electronic issue?

My guy said it needs a master cylinder. Thought he was crazy, but friend drove it to the Hyundai dealer and, sure enough, they said the same thing. Needs a new master cylinder. Ordered part and put him in a new Nissan Maxima as a loaner.

So, I've been getting to drive a Maxima! Hadn't driven one since the new body style came out. The interior is very nice with stitched dash, door panels, etc. Nicely laid out and nice overall. Good size, handles decently, fairly quiet, etc. Overall it's a pretty nice car.

Except...holy hell is that CVT transmission complete garbage! The 3.5 v6 feels like it wants to make power, but the thing is sluggish as cold molasses. It completely ruins what could possibly be a good car. I'm guessing it's darn near a 30% drivetrain loss. Feels like it's just struggling against itself.

Old 05-14-2018, 11:01 AM
5 Year Member
Yeah I hate the CVT in the rogue...

I liked the velosters. Neat 3-door. Never drove one, just figured they'd be a fun spirited little car.

Old 05-14-2018, 11:11 AM
5 Year Member
shinjari nice job saving ur mom some serious cash!

maxima.. those things are so ugly. if ure over 50 and given up on life, that’s the car to get.. lol

goodam everyone! been a busy am already. had a nice smooth commute to the office in my GTI.

Old 05-14-2018, 11:28 AM
5 Year Member
The Veloster Turbo is fun to drive! I've driven it a fair amount in the mountains and it's a lot of fun. Has way more room inside than you'd think and the small turbo motor makes decent power.

Really my only complaint is that it feels like it handles better than it does. When pushed a bit, it understeers pretty badly and I haven't found a way to counteract it. No lift off oversteer and, without an LSD, more throttle just makes it worse. It's similar to my Mom's GE for handling overall, but with more mechanical grip thanks to the much wider/lower profile tires.

When driven at 80% it's a fun car and could keep the owner thinking it's got potential. Doubt most owners ever explore it more to find out it's a mess.

Old 05-14-2018, 11:48 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by shinjari
Get that o2 sensor fixed Mike! Your s2k is not running as efficiently as honda intended...thus potentially polluting more than intended! Ok, just kidding...but not really.
I cleared the codes & the light didn't return when I moved the car yesterday. I'm hoping I can get the o2 sensor changed this week before Wekfest on Sunday.

Old 05-14-2018, 12:51 PM
5 Year Member
shinjari that is great that you saved your MONO a load of cash. Most of those shops try to vacuum the customers wallet. Doing end-links won't disturb the alignment.

GAFIT I've never liked the Veloster, but the new N version looks interesting.

Ken I'm an old fart who wouldn't be caught dead in a Maxipad kind of car.

Mike get that o2 sensor in & enjoy the ride.

Old 05-14-2018, 01:17 PM
5 Year Member
I liked Maxima's up until 2004.

A friend had a 2002 with the 3.5 and 6-speed with helical diff. It was a neat car.

Of course, I've always had an affinity for 4-door cars. Started with my '89 SHO and continues through to today. It's always fun spanking a "sports car" with a 4-door family car.

Old 05-14-2018, 01:35 PM
5 Year Member
ash- LOL’ed. yah that car was kinda cool in the early 90’s when it was a pretty fast sedan for its time. like neck and neck with a 308 ferrari.

it’s fun spanking a sports car with a hatch too..

Old 05-14-2018, 01:43 PM
5 Year Member
so after my wife heard how much fun my kid and i had riding our bicycles yesterday my wife asked if i can get her one too from the store i ordered from. but she doesn’t want to own one she said, just want to borrow one of mine. huh, i only own one right now so it looks like i’m going to get me another one soon. lol.

this time im going to get a cheaper one that can do on and some gravel road fun.

Old 05-14-2018, 04:38 PM
5 Year Member
I've never been a fan of sedans. My favorites have always been roadsters coupes & hatchbacks. As they say different stokes, drive what you like. ;-)

Time for a mountain bike ken.

Old 05-14-2018, 06:51 PM
5 Year Member
yah i’m a hatch guy myself. i’ve been meaning to buy a vert atleast once but haven’t yet.

mountain bikes are okay, but i’m into the urban commuter bikes. they are so compact and fun and cool just like my hatches.

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?