General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2018, 11:14 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
shinjari- sounds good on the nvidia cards! congrats.

yah, the GK has a tpms reset button too under the fuse box.. but when my wife tried it multiple times, it would not reset. there's nothing wrong with the psi. so tried it too this am, did not reset so drove it a little bit and tried it again. then it reset. not sure wat it is but its a flaky system.

at least it stayed off rest of the day.

ordered my liquimoly oil change kits for my R and GTI.

Old 03-10-2018, 11:47 PM
5 Year Member

Perfect.

Old 03-11-2018, 06:24 AM
5 Year Member
looks like you sneaked in a new subwoofer without your GF’s knowledge..!

Old 03-11-2018, 06:29 AM
5 Year Member
alright on the menu today.. first need to go around the the house to adjust the clocks. then pulling out my R for a nice morning drive, will wash the car afterwards, do a few house chores, then relax all pm watching a few shows online and listening to some tunes.

have a good sunday everyone!

Old 03-11-2018, 11:18 AM
5 Year Member
Haha, I had that sub in the GE...she knows. Only a 300w rms Kicker 8" with reflex woofer. It does decent due to the fact it's in a hatchback/open cabin. Not sure if you'd even notice it in a traditional "trunk" of a sedan/coupe. I'm coming from 750w rms+ 12" sub that was in my civic hatch when it was stolen and similar setups in the cars before that so this is probably my most 'tame' system but its clean and crisp. Dont need to wake the neighbors...enough people in my neighborhood do that already lol.

Yeah sucks losing an hour of sleep....ridiculous day light savings.

Enjoy the drive. May wash the cars today (my Optimum ONR came in friday), start building concrete frames...today is the cherry blossom festival at Balboa park so may check that out if time permits.

Old 03-11-2018, 01:13 PM
5 Year Member
hey there shinjari. haha, i see. it just looked like you sneaked a treat for yourself in there! 300w is more than plenty of power for me and sorry to hear about the sub that got stolen. people suck.

since ive been traveling to the eastern timezone a couple of times in the last few weeks my body isnt doing too bad today with DLS since im in central time zone.

thanks, i had a great relaxing drive this am in my R. washed the car afterwards and it is taking forever to dry cause i cant run my dehumidifier in the garage as the temp is too low. i have all 4 doors and hood open in the garage with 2 fans running. haha and yes, the battery is hooked up to a battery manager not to drain it.

also swapped my GTI's fob battery.. damn.. only 18months and the cr2025 was showing low in my car's cluster. i forced a 2032 in the fob. lol hope itll last 2yrs maybe.

enjoy your concrete build and cherry blossoms!

Old 03-12-2018, 07:22 AM
5 Year Member
taking Wed off this week. woot

have a great week everyone!

Old 03-12-2018, 09:46 AM
5 Year Member
Just a random day off?

Happy Monday. Nice to be going into work in the darkness and leaving in the daylight, instead of the otherway around.

Hows that vinyl on the GK holding up?

Mike410b, you prepping that sk2 yet?

Old 03-12-2018, 01:31 PM
5 Year Member
yah just a random day off. just need to rest. will spend most of the day in the garage of course! so far the vinyl is holding up.

rental place gave me a sonata today. 2 meetings this pm and steak time!

Old 03-12-2018, 05:39 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by shinjari
Just a random day off?

Happy Monday. Nice to be going into work in the darkness and leaving in the daylight, instead of the otherway around.

Hows that vinyl on the GK holding up?

Mike410b, you prepping that sk2 yet?
NOPE. Haven't even seen the car since the first week in November.

Oddly, ken & I are on the same wavelength. I took today off for a sanity break.

Old 03-12-2018, 07:57 PM
5 Year Member
hope u enjoyed ur day mike!

was at a factory all pm today. now i smell like steel. lol
heading to a steak house in a few.

Old 03-13-2018, 08:22 AM
5 Year Member
steak was alright, but i’ve had better. anyway heading back to the office this am. i hate that i have to uber home cause their cars smell. people need to wash themselves better. yuk.

can’t wait to get home and relax. tomorrow going to swap out the floor mats to carpets in my STI and R. also going to replace the screw i used on the R’s side diffusers with aluminum rivets. i found the hardware they gave me already rusting.

Old 03-13-2018, 12:17 PM
5 Year Member
LOL Uber cars smell.

Yeah I think there is at least a 33% chance that I get an uber or lyft driver that smokes or vapes. Car has an overwhelming smoke smell.

The other thing I notice is that taking an Uber/Lyft....you really get to see how many people are piss poor drivers. Had one driver who didnt know how throttle worked...you dont keep tapping/pressing it to gain speed...you hold/press with a smooth steady motion. Swear my GF nearly got motion sickness due to the lunging forward every few seconds.

Another driver steered by shuffling the wheel between both hands instead of smooth circular motion. Hands were at the 5 and 7 oclock position and during a turn they would keep their hands at those positions and just shuffle/pass the wheel to the other hand. SO smooth and safe *sarcasm*...sheesh.

Old 03-13-2018, 12:43 PM
5 Year Member
According to my wife, I'm not the best passenger. I guess I can be just a "tad" picky about how someone else drives. LOL

So, with that said, there's been one time where I've been a passenger and actually thought...glad this guy is driving and NOT me.

Paddy the bus driver in Ireland. Holy moly that man could drive! He drove that full size tour bus through small, traffic/pedestrian infested roads in little villages at freeway speeds with pinpoint accuracy. I'm talking like three full rotations of that giant bus wheel through turns at speed with smoothness and perfection.

We actually got to one spot where a bus was stuck in front of us. The other driver had managed to wedge it between a building and a parked car and was frozen and blocking traffic. Paddy calmly got out of the bus, got in the other bus, took the wheel and moved it out of our way. The other bus driver just looked thankful. Come to find out at the bar later than night, Paddy is pretty well known as THE driver in those parts.

Old 03-13-2018, 03:25 PM
5 Year Member
tell paddy to be my uber driver cause i don’t want to get motion sickness from smell. lol

Old 03-13-2018, 03:25 PM
5 Year Member
finally back at the office. can’t wait to go home.. but of course i got a boat load of stuff to do before i go..

Old 03-13-2018, 04:09 PM
5 Year Member
I here that guy Paddy is pretty good. ;-)

Old 03-13-2018, 04:25 PM
5 Year Member
Lol love that title "Paddy Hopkirk AKA.....Paddy Hopkirk".

Old 03-13-2018, 08:37 PM
5 Year Member
sooo tired. but finally home.

Old 03-14-2018, 08:31 AM
5 Year Member
mini coopers are cool.

alright, on the menu today.. well im off so taking it real easy today. started laundry and was planning on swapping out the STI and R's floor mats, but it lightly snowed yesterday enough that the stupid village put down another layer of useless salt on the ground. wtf mang.. there is zero accumulation and they put down like a gravel road of salt. so faking stupid these people.

so i might just swap my R's floor mats as i dont plan on driving her until the roads are clean again anyway which might not happen until end of the month. i dont feel like washing the car with a hose again until im sure we're done with salt cause it just takes too long to dry the car without the dehumidifier running inside the garage (the appliance freezes if run below 50F). temps for the next 10 day looks like 45F range tops so too low.

should be getting my oil change kits today for the R and GTI. this time i got the funnel that mounts to the oil filler neck so i dont have to twist-tie the funnel to the hood damper. so ghetto.. also got the oil plug removal tool just for kicks. should be a fun next couple of weeks. will do the changes when it gets a tad warmer.

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?