General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2018, 09:01 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
huh.. hummm not sure why not. but it’s a nice glass.

Old 03-02-2018, 07:06 AM
5 Year Member
happy friday everyone!

on the menu today, going to work and back in my GTI then swapping the wheels on the GK to factory set. . wash the snow and will let them dry over night before taking them down to my basement storage.

have a good friday and weekend!

Old 03-02-2018, 08:43 PM
5 Year Member
wat a busy day at the office.. left the office texted my kid to be ready to swap the wheels on the GK, he was excited and i get home the faking Fit is not there.

i’m like wtf x100. i told the wife since like a week ago i was going to swap so make sure to bring it home by late afternoon. was pretty pissed as i had my weekend all planned out and was looking forward to getting this chore out of the way.

kid and i waited an hour while i did some other chores and sun was coming down so i asked my kid if he wanted to help me swap the R’s wheels. and he was like so he helped me pulled up the R wheels from the basement and we worked on my car. . had a good time.

definitely getting an AWD car next time around and no more swapping wheels for the seasons.

Old 03-03-2018, 07:30 AM
5 Year Member
on the menu today.. heading out to my hair stylist this am to get my hair cut followed by getting gas in the GTI on the way home. planning to pull out the R afterwards, . this afternoon will swap the GK wheels to factory with my kid, but before that heading out to lunch with my wife and she can buy me lunch today for the inconvenience last night.

will have my kid help me take the R’s winter set into storage.

so my kid is entering another art contest next week, this is local level, and he was showing me this car he drew of an old Skyline and damn.. looked very good. he drew a BRZ last time and it looked so much better than the real thing cause he added his own wide body kit and all. lol

have a good saturday everyone!

Old 03-03-2018, 11:24 AM
5 Year Member
alright got my hair done, go gas in the GTI. car pulled real well with plenty of power as how a true sport hatch should.

got home, checked up on the vinyl on the GK and the thing lifted off the panel.. wtf. but the good was that it did not lift off with the surrounding paint. i just need to find thinner and better material i suppose.. sucks i need to keep wasting time on this.

was planning on pulling out my R this am, but im pretty set as far as taming my thirst for driving today since my GTI did real well. going to take it easy in my music room and just relax... will take the GK out for lunch later.

Old 03-03-2018, 07:45 PM
5 Year Member
swapped the GK's wheels to factory.. FINALLY! my son did most of the work. he's still pretty clumsy at it, but with a couple more rounds of practice he will be good to go. factory wheels look so much better on this car vs those cheezo tirerack brand wheels i have as snows. lol

washed the snows and now drying in my garage. moved my R's winter set to my basement storage area after a coat of Hydro. i think im going to use these 19" OZ HyperGT's on my GTI next winter and get me those 19" BBS CI-R's for my R.

with the side diffusers i installed last yr on my R, i found i need to get those hockey puck looking adapters for the scissors jack in the truck as well in order to clear the diffuser. i dont usually use scissors jacks so i completely forgot to check clearance last year.. anyway will get one on order tonight.

in my garage i use a bigarse rubber adapter 100mm x 50mm (height) on my hydraulic racing jacks. will get a 75mm x 35mm or something to keep in the trunk.

now relaxing in my music room while my kid makes us some yakisoba.

Old 03-04-2018, 07:48 AM
5 Year Member
woot pulling out my R in 35. its great not to have any wheel damage on my cars per the new wheel and tire i got to replace the curbed one.

have a good sunday everyone!

Old 03-04-2018, 11:46 AM
5 Year Member
had a great drive in my R, checked lug torque along the way. this car's MT shift points are like my old G-coupe where i take my time between shifts so it is a very relaxing drive.

where as the STI's shift points come rather early in the rpm and require pretty brisk shifts in order to get clean and seamless shifts each time for normal acceleration. ive seen a few magazine folks who dont know how to drive MT cars properly complain that the STI's are hard to shift up smoothly. lol its not the car, its 100% you.

now doing laundry while im checking out some wheels online, going to stream a few TV shows and just relax the rest of the day.

Old 03-04-2018, 11:51 AM
5 Year Member
Have a fun drive Ken. Beware the evil curbs.

I've spent the last couple of days staring at maps. Have to find interesting roads.

Today I'm doing a pre-flight checklist on my GTI. It's in preparation for a day full of back road driving to the Ohio River then through some of Kentucky & then back to the old folks home. Time to start working on the annual Riverrun sports car tour.

Old 03-04-2018, 01:42 PM
5 Year Member
ash- riverrun sports car tour sounds like fun!

LOL'ed at them evil demon curbz.

Old 03-05-2018, 07:44 AM
5 Year Member
back to the grind today at the office.. going to try to take it as easy as possible.
wife's taking the GK out today, so will retorque the lugs when i get home.

have a good monday everyone!

Old 03-05-2018, 09:01 AM
5 Year Member
Happy Monday!

Son is home sick with me today. I'm doing my best to not get sick, but I can feel it too.

On the bright side, I finished installing JDM tails on the Fit last night. I was surprised that the OEM tails come with like 4 different parts. The housing, led panel, back plate, and screws for the LED panel are separate part numbers. Took a bit of time as we had to extend some of the wires and I had to dremel the housing for different bulb socket sizes.

Before:

After:

Old 03-05-2018, 10:41 AM
5 Year Member
me gusta.

I bought some Craftsquare mirrors for the S2000 from my friend who is parting out/sold his S2000. (His photo, I don't wear Nikes, I'm an adidas guy)

Last edited by mike410b; 03-05-2018 at 10:45 AM.
Old 03-05-2018, 10:53 AM
5 Year Member
Those are sharp!

Mirrors especially stand out on a convertible. Those will be great on it!

Old 03-05-2018, 01:33 PM
5 Year Member
GAFIT hope your son gets well soon. huh, new tails!

mike those CS are nice. i had a set delivered to my pops place many yrs ago for my Z since they’re local and wouldn’t sell internationally. this was before i had japanparts.com retail those. be weary of the driver side mirror is the same as passenger side which mean objects are closer than they appear.

my STI runs JDM passenger side mirror lens on the driver side to give the wide angle.

Old 03-05-2018, 01:37 PM
5 Year Member
i should post up my old GD and GE pictures. let me find them later this week. fun to post history. i can’t say i really like my GK but the GD and GE (MT) were cool.

Old 03-05-2018, 04:48 PM
5 Year Member
No new mirrors or tail lights for me, but I did add 347 miles of fun to my GTI's odometer. So many wonderful roads so little time.

Now it is time for my DSG $ervice.

GAFIT take care of your son & yourself. Hope it's a speedy recovery.

Last edited by ashchuckton; 03-05-2018 at 05:52 PM.
Old 03-05-2018, 04:51 PM
5 Year Member
Crud, GAFIT hope your son gets better quickly.

Missed that before, car pictures led to speed scrolling to pics.

Old 03-05-2018, 05:06 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ashchuckton
No new mirrors or tail lights for me, but I did add 347 miles of fun to my GTI's odometer. So many wonderful roads so little time.

Now it is time for my DSG $ervice.

GAFIT take care of your son & yourself. Hope it's a speedy recovery.
Thanks! I'm impressed that he made it this far through the school year. Most of his class, teachers, bus driver, etc have all been out. I'm thinking one more day and he'll be good.

That DSG $ervice isn't too bad if you DIY. I had decided early on that it would be a DIY if we had one.

VW dealers are quite proud of their services.

Old 03-05-2018, 05:07 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
Crud, GAFIT hope your son gets better quickly.

Missed that before, car pictures led to speed scrolling to pics.
No worries! Car stuff is much more important.

People get sick all the time. LOL

Guess some cars do also.

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?