General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2018, 03:48 PM
5 Year Member
I can't imagine what Toyota that CTR would have been traded in on. Bet he took a bath on the trade.

GAFIT have fun with the tear down. I love that kind of work. Make sure to use a machine shop that is familiar with your type of engine.

I don't know what is causing plugs to blow out of Fit heads, but it seems more common than you'd think. MINI's suffered from that too. As part of my oil change routine I'd check the plug torque on my MINI. A friend of mine thought I was nuts until the day his MINI shot a plug out of its head.

Old 01-06-2018, 04:36 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
ash - thanks, yah will definitely keep my son’s creativity going. yah my GTI is a daily road rash magnet so will fix it in the spring. probably just the bottom. i haven’t looked at the lip very closely yet due to cold temps and salt all over the car.

shinjari- thanks, i should have the bose in my hands in a few hours.

mike- the accord will definitely blend you into the background! lol. the camry is better looking.

Old 01-06-2018, 05:40 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ashchuckton
I can't imagine what Toyota that CTR would have been traded in on. Bet he took a bath on the trade.
it couldve been bought at an auction too..

ive seen and heard there were a lot of older guys that bought the ctr from a nostalgic sense. probably got tired of the car after getting a nice dose of it for a couple of months.

Old 01-06-2018, 07:01 PM
5 Year Member
so today drove the GK to run a couple of errands to the stores, etc. with th wife. had a good time. bought a bunch of shallow plastic tub/boxes for my CD's and DVD's to move from the study to downstairs.

im glad i have the GK for these worry-free stress-free shopping runs. at no time did i worry about not having enough space to load up my purchases, no worries about the car not starting in this frigid weather, and didnt even think twice or care about getting door dings or scratches.

will definitely look at another entry level MT car when im done with the GTI.. my kid will be the primary driver but i will use it on weekend snow days..

Old 01-06-2018, 08:28 PM
5 Year Member
woot, my Bose headphones arrived. did a quick pairing for a short test drive. sounds just as good as my other pair. charging it now and will do the firmware update.

no more annoying neighbor lady voice at office while listening to tunes!

Old 01-06-2018, 09:15 PM
5 Year Member
Intake manifold, exhaust manifold, fuel injectors, water pump, wiring harness, coolant lines, etc all removed from friends Fit.

Tomorrow is crank pulley, belt tensioner, timing chain cover, camshaft, and then, hopefully, cylinder head.

I'm not very fast, but it's getting done.

He is in total shock as to how much work is involved. I think most people just think that mechanics are a rip off and don't appreciate how much work is involved.

Old 01-07-2018, 12:30 AM
5 Year Member
sounds like a lot of work there, GAFIT!

if that was my car, id be happy to use it as an excuse to buy a new car. haha

Old 01-07-2018, 06:20 AM
5 Year Member
alright on the menu today.. no car action but looking at weather next weekend might turn out as we might get some rain during the week and dry up by the 3 day weekend. will monitor the situation.

today going to do some house chores, then finish up cleaning up the study for my kid.
then pretty much listening to my new Bose all day and watch some movies this late pm and evening. might play with my RC truck too.

have a good sunday everyone!!

Old 01-07-2018, 11:57 AM
5 Year Member
I think I may run my car through a touchless wash tonight. Fit is looking whiter than it is orange & I'm not a fan.

Old 01-07-2018, 01:43 PM
5 Year Member
wats wrong with a white fit, mike? my GK is white.. car looks good in white. more like gray right now, but my GTI is also salt white.. well kinda.

alright, got all the dvd's and cd's out of the study. also cleaned out the closet so that my kid can put his stuff in there. will work on it some more later in the week, but for now, he's got plenty of room to do his art so should be okay for the time being.

Old 01-07-2018, 03:18 PM
5 Year Member
Be warned Ken, artists acumulate a lot of stuff. My wife is an artist & I have to keep after her not to let her art supplies & projects overwhelm the whole house. I love art, but I love a neat house too.

Old 01-07-2018, 03:22 PM
5 Year Member
yikes..! thanks for the warning.

Old 01-07-2018, 06:31 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
wats wrong with a white fit, mike? my GK is white.. car looks good in white. more like gray right now, but my GTI is also salt white.. well kinda.

alright, got all the dvd's and cd's out of the study. also cleaned out the closet so that my kid can put his stuff in there. will work on it some more later in the week, but for now, he's got plenty of room to do his art so should be okay for the time being.
Orange-ish! Nothing wrong with a white Fit, that said I'm 80% sure if my car were anything other than orange burst metallic it'd have been sold in 2017.

Old 01-07-2018, 07:05 PM
5 Year Member

dang jelly of you folks washing your rides. my cars are like under 1/4" of ice now...

Old 01-07-2018, 07:20 PM
5 Year Member
Is it cold down by you guys? We hit around 30F today

Old 01-07-2018, 07:37 PM
5 Year Member
im starting to think about NOT using the expressway to work so much.. reason being that last rock hit last week was a huge reminder wat it could've been had my windshield cracked again.. it was such a PITA to get the glass replaced. not to forget all the mishaps the car has suffered while driving down the expressway.

if i take the surface streets my trip might take another 10min, but the distance is 4miles shorter and max speed is 35-45mph for the most of the trip so i might actually save gas this way too. now if i started using regular gas since i wont be going so fast anyway, and not have to pay any tolls, i can save over $100 a month..while minimizing damage to my GTI. something to think about..

Old 01-07-2018, 07:37 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
Is it cold down by you guys? We hit around 30F today
yah, max was like 25F and frozen mix right now..

Old 01-08-2018, 07:12 AM
5 Year Member
monday.. back to the grind. will try the surface roads this am to work.. actually, will try surface roads all week this week to and back to see how it affects my commute in my GTI.

i have a lot of desk work to get through this week..

have a good monday everyone!

Old 01-08-2018, 08:27 AM
5 Year Member
Got the head off my friends Fit and ready for it to go to the machine shop. They said they wanted it minus cam and rockers. Guessing they didn't want to have to mess with the Vtech stuff.

I used rubber bands to hold the rocker arms in place and told my friend to NOT touch the rocker arm assembly. Don't even look at it. Just leave it alone until I'm there to re-assemble. LOL

Old 01-08-2018, 09:48 AM
5 Year Member
wow, complete overhaul!

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?