General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2018, 02:20 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
shinjari- huh, how old is your son? yah i was cracking up hearing about Savanna GA and Tallahassee FL getting snows on. lol i'm sure no laughing matter for them but just imagining how crappy the roads are as they don't have snow plows and appropriate snow gear down there probably. . haha

our new office is much bigger than before as we are expanding. it was snowing this am and walked across the street to the office in my dress shoes. wasn't as bad as i thought. it's like 35ft i need to walk outside and well shoveled.

Old 01-03-2018, 02:20 PM
5 Year Member
those wheels are similar to the ones tirerack has. have you checked their store?

Old 01-03-2018, 02:22 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GAFIT
Didn't get the supercharger kit I PM'd, but he never answered and it's now sold. I assume he was waiting for a local buyer to save the hassle of shipping.

It's ok though. Have most of the parts for the turbo install, so going that route instead.
sorry to hear GAFIT. yah most folks prefer to sell local when available. but turbo is good too.

Old 01-03-2018, 04:10 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by shinjari
Yeah we have lime, lemon and orange. They are super small at the moment. maybe produce 6 fruits a year lol. Granted they are in pots so they wont get any bigger until
we plant them in the ground.

Think we are doing something like this for the 'center piece'.
Yo, I'm way into that & into those trees. House stuff is so fun (and obscenely pricey). I'm looking forward to sorting out my spare bedroom in the coming months now that it is empty again.

Sounds good for your $ plans. I learned that the s2k's had a neat heater feature where there is a vent BEHIND the seat so you can get heat coming from behind you. thats cool.
I've never experienced that, but I've only had functional heat in the car on the drive home. Ever since I've been AC only haha

I found some cast wheels I liked...but don't like the color. wish they were anthracite or gunmetal. At costco right now for $175/ea 18x9 +40 (oem is 18x8 +55).

The ones i 'really' want are Titan-7 forged. So much better color. Designs are similar. But are $1800+ a set vs $700/set lol. I guess I could powdercoat the cast ones as the design is extremely similar. But that seems like it'll drive the price up a bit much.
Those titan seven doodads are real neat.

That finish on the other ones makes them look like dodge dart wheels , if that makes sense.

Originally Posted by kenchan
sorry to hear GAFIT. yah most folks prefer to sell local when available. but turbo is good too.
I don't like selling locally. That said, I've always had good luck buying stuff locally, it seems my taste in parts has led to me actually meeting pretty neat folks.

(I've met up with ken to buy stuff twice )

Old 01-03-2018, 04:18 PM
5 Year Member
Kenchan - what wheels? Link me man! There are a lot of similar ones, but have some huge spokes or dont look right.

GAFIT - look forward to turbo progress

Mike410b - yeah house projects add up quick which is probably why the backyard is taking so long. Also the "rear" vent feature is this on your climate control.

Old 01-03-2018, 04:40 PM
5 Year Member
not as concave but.. then not sure if you'd get super concave on your ride..?

https://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Whee...Sport&visLoc=1

https://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Whee...Sport&visLoc=1

Old 01-03-2018, 04:41 PM
5 Year Member
rotary guy passed away.. not that i was a fan or anything.

Old 01-03-2018, 04:51 PM
5 Year Member
Workshed/shop will probably be like 10x12. I'd like to go 12x12 or 12x14....but it was already pulling teeth for 10x12 lol. She was like how about this 8x8? You already have an office inside the house why do you nee4d a large workshop? Well...i dont use my office for house projects lol. And if we want to use the garage for a CAR (currently the miata will fit and thats it...the Fit used to Fit but obviously no longer own)....then I need something decent sized to fit all my tools and what not in lol. Otherwise I'll just keep using the damn garage which is only 14x22.

Just went thru all the wheels on tirerack. Only issue I have is the offsets nearly match OEM. Not to mention they dont let me search for wheels based on spec?

Enkei M52, YS5
Monte Titano MT6 Vita
Sport Edition A15
Axis XR
BBS SR

Were the ones similar (thick spokes though) to the titan-7s and those Velox I found. All appear to be lighter than OEM (28lbs).

Last edited by shinjari; 01-03-2018 at 05:03 PM.
Old 01-03-2018, 05:14 PM
5 Year Member
Mike410b - yeah house projects add up quick which is probably why the backyard is taking so long. Also the "rear" vent feature is this on your climate control.
Oooo, yep. I use that when I turn the AC on with the top down, but that's rare.

rotary guy passed away.. not that i was a fan or anything.
Hasn't Wankel been deceased for quite some time?

Workshed/shop will probably be like 10x12. I'd like to go 12x12 or 12x14....but it was already pulling teeth for 10x12 lol. She was like how about this 8x8? You already have an office inside the house why do you nee4d a large workshop? Well...i dont use my office for house projects lol. And if we want to use the garage for a CAR (currently the miata will fit and thats it...the Fit used to Fit but obviously no longer own)....then I need something decent sized to fit all my tools and what not in lol. Otherwise I'll just keep using the damn garage which is only 14x22.

Just went thru all the wheels on tirerack. Only issue I have is the offsets nearly match OEM. Not to mention they dont let me search for wheels based on spec?

Enkei M52, YS5
Monte Titano MT6 Vita
Sport Edition A15
Axis XR
BBS SR

Were the ones similar (thick spokes though) to the titan-7s and those Velox I found. All appear to be lighter than OEM (28lbs).
14x22 garage? MBN!!! 14x20 here haha

You can look at other cars in similar size. For example when I shop for stuff for the S2000 I could GENERALLY look at RX8 stuff for the sizing I like.

EVO X sizing might be closer to the sizing you seek.

Old 01-03-2018, 05:22 PM
5 Year Member
Mike you're losing me with this new fandangled abbreviations such as MBN and earlier you said UNF...which I've only seen UNF for a thread callout on hardware LOL.

Hell Maybe mine is 14x20 as well. I'll double check. Positive its 14 wide.

Yeah I want 18x8.5-9 with a 35-40 offset. vs my 18x8 +50.

Haha about the AC with top down. In the miata I still run the AC on SUPER hot days or the Heat on colder nights. I run the top down like 99.95 of the time.

Also this is what I've been doing today on and off at work. small tree is our plumeria, 3 medium trees are citrus and the large is the existing pomegranate tree that produces like 250+ pomegranates each fall. If only I could sell those things lol.

Last edited by shinjari; 01-03-2018 at 05:31 PM.
Old 01-03-2018, 05:49 PM
5 Year Member
Mike you're losing me with this new fandangled abbreviations such as MBN and earlier you said UNF...which I've only seen UNF for a thread callout on hardware LOL.

Hell Maybe mine is 14x20 as well. I'll double check. Positive its 14 wide.

Yeah I want 18x8.5-9 with a 35-40 offset. vs my 18x8 +50.

Haha about the AC with top down. In the miata I still run the AC on SUPER hot days or the Heat on colder nights. I run the top down like 99.95 of the time.

Also this is what I've been doing today on and off at work. small tree is our plumeria, 3 medium trees are citrus and the large is the existing pomegranate tree that produces like 250+ pomegranates each fall. If only I could sell those things lol.
hehe. MBN = Must be nice, unf = is just, UNF THAT IS GOOD, not an acronym, just a sound

14' wide garage krew check in

I think EVO X should list the sizing you seek, OEM wheel sizing for them is 18x8.5 +38, OEM for EVO VIII/IX is 17x8 +38, so right around your area you seek.

Top down all the time is what I aspire for in the AP1, but man, it gets cold here haha. I drove top down on the way to putting the thing in storage, lets say 35F with no heat & top down was MISERABLE.

Do you use some of your pomegranates?

Old 01-03-2018, 06:40 PM
5 Year Member
shinjari - huh, didnt you mention your factory wheels are 18x8 et55 or something? the ones i posted are 19x8.5 ET45 which is like a 20mm decrease in offset. those are not close to factory offset and will require lowering to make them fit right.. which i thought was the look you were going for.

18's in those double 5 spokes will look too stubby, go for 19's. considering the type-r runs on 20's 19's are on the smaller side, i guess.

Old 01-03-2018, 06:42 PM
5 Year Member
btw, wow, impressive backyard designing! 3D and all!

Old 01-03-2018, 06:46 PM
5 Year Member
Mike410b - I'll check out the EVO X and older STI wheels. Yeah gotta get that heater working. I've done top down with light coat and heater on blast in mid 40s and it was fine due to heater...without it I'd have to say nope lol.

Kenchan - Im trying to stick with the 18's to reuse existing tires. The avanti's you sent were 19s with 45 i think. The 18's provide a nice combo of comfort, handling and looks after a decent drop. Just waiting on SWIFT to announce their springs already geez!

Haha, thanks. its rough but to scale at least for the major features like the shed, slabs, walkways and size of the tree planters. Im a visual person so I gotta see whats going on with my eyes. My mental visualization can only process so much lol. GF on the otherhand has it all in her head and is trying to explain it to me and I'm just getting dizzy as shes explaining lol.

Old 01-03-2018, 06:47 PM
5 Year Member
oh mang.. i thought i got another cracked windshield this am while going to work. i literally saw the rock hit my glass again like last time but luckily i wasnt going nearly as fast so it looks like it didnt crack the glass. the noise it made was like BANG! and i was like FAAAAK!

kinda like that kodak moment when ur pants get caught on barbed wire and you pull and hear a RIIP!

Old 01-03-2018, 06:49 PM
5 Year Member
Kenchan - Im trying to stick with the 18's to reuse existing tires. The avanti's you sent were 19s with 45 i think. The 18's provide a nice combo of comfort, handling and looks after a decent drop. Just waiting on SWIFT to announce their springs already geez!

Haha, thanks. its rough but to scale at least. Im a visual person so I gotta see whats going on with my eyes. My mental visualization can only process so much lol. GF on the otherhand has it all in her head and is trying to explain it to me and I'm just getting dizzy as shes explaining lol.
if youre going to run 18's id keep you stock wheels. they look nice on the car!

hahaha, yah, PICTURES ARE WORTH A THOUSAND WORDS is no joke!

Old 01-03-2018, 07:36 PM
5 Year Member
mike- yah his partner dat actually made the thing into a success died.. you know, 787B.. rx7, etc. even the miata was one of his last projects he approved.

Old 01-03-2018, 07:39 PM
5 Year Member
too bad they couldnt figure out how to make the RX8 fast. thing was so slow my MT GE was faster (RX8 AT) off the line. lol

Old 01-03-2018, 07:50 PM
5 Year Member
too bad they couldnt figure out how to make the RX8 fast. thing was so slow my MT GE was faster (RX8 AT) off the line. lol
It needed a turbo! The cars were neat, but man they were just too slow.

Cousin bought one new. It wasn't a very good car overall. The oil usage was insane and led her back to Toyota

Old 01-03-2018, 08:26 PM
5 Year Member
yah those were mazda's low times fosho

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?