General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2018, 11:31 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
before my wife headed out for work, i fired up the GK to scrape ice off the windshield for her. was a little worried there would be a layer of frost inside the windshield which can take like 15-30min to defrost but it was okay.

the car fired right up at -5F, sat on the driveway through -10F ambient temps the last 3 days, no issue. supposed to get to about 7F today.

Old 01-02-2018, 01:37 PM
5 Year Member
Whats going on everyone! Hope everyone had a good holiday. My week was jammed packed, especially with my son in town for vacation from Minnesota. Back to the work grind. He's back in that -10F weather vs the 75ish he got to enjoy out here. I mean the beaches were packed with nice scenery

Xmas was pretty low key. Got a set of ratcheting wrenches. GF is enjoying her bluetooth headphones. They even have a tester program so they are sending me a set of ear buds they are releasing for free =).

I started to dismantle some RC's to part out/sell since they havent been used in over a year. Also started to plan out our back yard plans. Gotta do it a small section at a time.

Old 01-02-2018, 01:38 PM
5 Year Member
What are the backyard plans?

Old 01-02-2018, 05:01 PM
5 Year Member
Back from the family vacation. Wish we could have just stayed on the boat for another excursion, but work and school mandate that we return home

Sailed out of New Orleans and went to Cozumel, Belize, and Roatan. All were good in their own way. Cozumel is, well, Mexico. Belize we had a really fun/fast boat ride up a long river to some ancient ruins. What we saw of Belize life looked pretty bleak, but the scenery was beautiful. Roatan was very cool. Would like to go back to explore more some day.

Golf now has more miles. Did the trip like a champ. Was perfect for getting around the really small crowded streets in New Orleans. Our hotel parking garage was microscopic.
Glad we took the Golf instead of anything larger.

Proud to say the Fit and Lincoln started right up after sitting in the cold for over a week. Took the Lincoln for drive. Was nice getting in something with more room, more power, more sound system, etc.

I need to swap the performance tires for the all season's on the Fit so I can take it for a drive.

Old 01-02-2018, 05:12 PM
5 Year Member
GAFIT, that sounds like a great little trip.

Mike410b, as far as backyard....it was planning where to plant our lime/lemon/orange trees. Marking off the "do not touch this is the space for my workshop" area. Figured where to put the firepit/dining/seating area.

Think Right now, it'll be plant trees then work on seating area as its the center piece that connects everything. Workshop is later down the line. Just wanted to establish my "needs" to the "boss". LOL.

Old 01-02-2018, 05:18 PM
5 Year Member
shinjari, I'm thinking some posts, velvet ropes, and a sign that says "Man Area" in the right spot would get the idea across.

I staked claim to a section of our basement by parking my motorcycle in it. Was planning a bar/fun zone in that area. Wife stacked boxes around the bike anyway.

Old 01-02-2018, 05:59 PM
5 Year Member
hey welcome back good to hear you guys had a nice holiday.

shinjari - sounds like your GF's getting a nice deal on the BT headsets! good luck with the back yard project. in my area the ground is completely frozen. its so cold i ate icecream to warm myself up this am. lol

GAFIT- sounds like you had a hell of a time in new orleans! good to hear your Golf did well and your other cars started right up.

im winding down myself getting ready for work tomorrow. ordered an ankle high waterproof dress boot that dont look too snow boot-ish so that i can wear it to work and biz trips without having to have to swap shoes along the way. will see how that turns out.. if it was my old office there wouldve been no such need as the parking structure was connected to the office building.

wife and my older kid was going to cook crab for dinner, but my younger kid cut himself with an exacto knife while making his plastic model and my wife wanted to take him to the hospital just in case... so probably going to have to change menu to McD's or something.. lol.

the cut is pretty deep on his pointing finger, but if that was me back in the day, i would NOT have told mom and just washed up and put pressure on it to close. last thing i need is her taking away my tools.

Old 01-02-2018, 06:30 PM
5 Year Member
temp is back up to 1F, woot. heat wave!

Old 01-02-2018, 07:30 PM
5 Year Member
kenchan, sorry to hear about the son's finger. Nothing worse than seeing your kid get hurt. Well, the hospital visits are even worse, but the injured kid part sucks too!

All season's now on the Fit. Will take it for a drive tomorrow. Need to keep using it till I start the tear down and build. I've learned that sitting is the worst thing for any vehicle.

1F. Holy heck that's cold! Brrr. In the 20's here and that's cold enough for me. 74 in Roatan right now. I think it's time for another trip. LOL

Old 01-02-2018, 07:52 PM
5 Year Member
thanks GAFIT yah, just got a call from the wife and he's doing alright. doc used those glue stitching or watever it's called and wound it up real good with a splinter. he'll be alright in no time. was telling the kid too bad it wasnt his middle finger considering they put a splinter on it.

how long till your build starts? when i use to hibernate my cars they would sit in the garage with no engine starts for 5-6months a year. stabilizer in the fuel, flat stoppers, battery manager, high psi in the tires.. car cover. thats about it.

yah id even take half of 74F right now and be a happy camper!

Old 01-02-2018, 08:03 PM
5 Year Member
cheeze burger tonight. and not McD's, REAL burgers.

Old 01-02-2018, 08:05 PM
5 Year Member
Not sure when I will start the actual wrenching. Maybe shoot for March when it's a more pleasant temp in the garage? It runs fine for now. I'm just using it to run errands and do some of the school drop off's/pick up's.

Biggest item I need for the turbo install is the Hondata. Other stuff requires test fitting before I can order parts. Oil feed/return and coolant feed/return type stuff. May add a meth kit to the build if the IAT's look too high. Not sure where it will lead once I start in. My projects usually snow ball into the motor coming out. Trying to avoid that this time and keep it simple. I really don't need to dump $15k into a $3k Fit.

Old 01-02-2018, 08:08 PM
5 Year Member
wow, it sounds like a huge project. yah, if you have use for the car now, id keep driving too. id be a little concerned about getting into an accident though before the install in case you already spent a great deal of $$ into it.

it will be one quick GD.

Old 01-02-2018, 08:14 PM
5 Year Member
Doubt it will even be quick, but it should be fun.

2500 lbs with decent whp, Quaife diff, light flywheel, bigger clutch, coilovers, bigger brakes all around, etc. It won't win any races, but it should have that fun Honda feel that the older Honda's had that has been kind of lost lately.

Most of the parts are already in my possession. Just need misc stuff and time to play in the garage.

Old 01-02-2018, 08:15 PM
5 Year Member
im pretty sure going down hill it will either keep up or leave behind much higher performance cars at the dragon!

Old 01-03-2018, 06:30 AM
5 Year Member
alright, back to the grind today. will need to ease back to full throttle at work today, so much to do. i'm sure the commute this am is going to be pretty crazy too so shall sit back and enjoy the tunes in my GTI.

have a good wednesday everyone!!

Old 01-03-2018, 10:28 AM
5 Year Member
Happy hump day!

Yeah I think my corner of the back yard is safe lol.

Trying to find an appropriate fire pit now to start the transformation. Gotta start somewhere =).

Just checked on my son and the weather in Grand Rapids, MN...it was -5F...and with windchill it said it "felt like" -21F. Yeah no thanks. I enjoy the snow...but not that much lol.

Drove the Civic to work today. Wish traffic was like this throughout the year...no one on the road so traffic on freeways is always flowing. I typically park at the end cap or some of the parallel parking spots or if Im real lucky I'll get the solo spots that are sporadic throughout our lot.

GAFIT, did you end up getting that super charger or still going the turbo route?

Kenchan - why did your office move? Smaller/larger space? The non-connected parking sounds shitty. And glad your kid is ok. I would've been like you and just glued my finger back together lol. Yeah the BT headphones my GF got sound good enough for her. Very balanced and even at full blast I can just BARELY hear it. I do feel that the drivers are a little small for my ears/head so maybe they arent for me.

Mike410b....what you got planned for the ap1? More powah!?

Old 01-03-2018, 10:48 AM
5 Year Member
Didn't get the supercharger kit I PM'd, but he never answered and it's now sold. I assume he was waiting for a local buyer to save the hassle of shipping.

It's ok though. Have most of the parts for the turbo install, so going that route instead.

Old 01-03-2018, 10:55 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by shinjari
Mike410b, as far as backyard....it was planning where to plant our lime/lemon/orange trees. Marking off the "do not touch this is the space for my workshop" area. Figured where to put the firepit/dining/seating area.

Think Right now, it'll be plant trees then work on seating area as its the center piece that connects everything. Workshop is later down the line. Just wanted to establish my "needs" to the "boss". LOL.
Citrus trees? UNF. Bit envious. How big a shop are you thinking?

Just checked on my son and the weather in Grand Rapids, MN...it was -5F...and with windchill it said it "felt like" -21F. Yeah no thanks. I enjoy the snow...but not that much lol.

Drove the Civic to work today. Wish traffic was like this throughout the year...no one on the road so traffic on freeways is always flowing. I typically park at the end cap or some of the parallel parking spots or if Im real lucky I'll get the solo spots that are sporadic throughout our lot.

To be honest, when it is that cold it often doesn't snow at all. Snow seems more commonplace between 20 & 30 F.

Mike410b....what you got planned for the ap1? More powah!?
Nothing crazy this year. Just new engine/trans/diff mounts, fixing the heater (no heat at all right now) and getting the mugen exhaust installed. Trying to do adult things with my money this year & next, before I buy some dumb fun daily driver in 2020 & tie up a bunch of money in it.

Old 01-03-2018, 01:32 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah we have lime, lemon and orange. They are super small at the moment. maybe produce 6 fruits a year lol. Granted they are in pots so they wont get any bigger until
we plant them in the ground.

Think we are doing something like this for the 'center piece'.

Sounds good for your $ plans. I learned that the s2k's had a neat heater feature where there is a vent BEHIND the seat so you can get heat coming from behind you. thats cool.

I found some cast wheels I liked...but don't like the color. wish they were anthracite or gunmetal. At costco right now for $175/ea 18x9 +40 (oem is 18x8 +55).

The ones i 'really' want are Titan-7 forged. So much better color. Designs are similar. But are $1800+ a set vs $700/set lol. I guess I could powdercoat the cast ones as the design is extremely similar. But that seems like it'll drive the price up a bit much.

Last edited by shinjari; 01-03-2018 at 01:39 PM.

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?