General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2017, 12:55 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
that is cold! keep warm.

my space heater arrived. too cold to use in the garage right now, but if it's like over 20F outside usually my garage is above 30F so i can use the heater and keep the QD and waterless wash from freezing on the panels.

Old 12-28-2017, 03:17 PM
5 Year Member
When we moved into our condo one of the first things I did was add a nice heater. No problem getting temps up to 65 or so. As cold as it is outside today that might be a big ask.

Old 12-28-2017, 05:36 PM
5 Year Member
sounds good! long time ago i was thinking about getting those warehouse heaters installed on one of the walls but then i started hibernating my cars and never went through with it.

i should look into them again since i wont be hibernating my cars any more. i just need the temp to be above freezing, no need for it to be even 45F.. thus went with the space heater for now.

Old 12-29-2017, 07:31 AM
5 Year Member
k on the menu today.. moment of truth for work parking. will be heading out there to the new office this am to unload my personal stuff and to unpack wat the movers brought over.

if the parking spots are narrow going to just keep driving my GTI as dd. no sense getting a new R if it's going to get dinged. will accept the GTI's shortcomings aka FWD + too much power.

Old 12-29-2017, 11:02 AM
5 Year Member
oh wow, parking is f-king awesome at the new garage!!! . grabbed a corner spot far far away.

Old 12-29-2017, 03:57 PM
5 Year Member
the new office is awesome too. latest tech installed. very cool.

the only downside.. i need to swap shoes when i get into the office in the winter not to mess up my dress shoes with salt on the sidewalk.

Old 12-29-2017, 06:21 PM
5 Year Member
Was in ken's neck of the woods today to pick this up:

Old 12-29-2017, 07:46 PM
5 Year Member
wooo~ nice.

Old 12-29-2017, 08:17 PM
5 Year Member
wooot im done working for the year. time to relax and enjoy my break till next Wed.

now need to plan wat im going to with my car hobby in 2018. but im pretty much done modding (more like tweaking) my STI and R.. only thing really left is doing something with my GTI..

Old 12-29-2017, 08:36 PM
5 Year Member
huh, my buddy sent me an amazon gift card so used it on a new ratchet Wera driver. very cool of him.

Old 12-29-2017, 08:52 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
wooot im done working for the year. time to relax and enjoy my break till next Wed.

now need to plan wat im going to with my car hobby in 2018. but im pretty much done modding (more like tweaking) my STI and R.. only thing really left is doing something with my GTI..
You can buy me a Mugen intake to complete my setup

Old 12-29-2017, 09:37 PM
5 Year Member
ahhh mugen... translate says "infinite" but more like no limit.

mu = none

gen = short for genkai or limit

no limit.. infinite doesnt sound right.

Old 12-30-2017, 08:25 AM
5 Year Member
alright on the menu today.. no physical car action with my cars today due to snow and cold, but will be budgeting 2018 for wat costs to expect. which isnt going to be much since i dont plan on any big changes in 2018.

besides this no house chores to do today so will finish up painting the RC truck driver figure and this jeep body ive been working on this week. the RC truck body is finished with decals and all. looks great.

most of today will be spent listening to my sony's. in fact im listening to it right now.

have a good saturday everyone!

Old 12-31-2017, 10:14 AM
5 Year Member
Happy end of 2017! this year was filled with a bunch of great car stuff along with a bunch of crap to go along with it as usual.. great stuff for me was getting the Golf-R. fantastic car in MT. i luv it. my STI continues to keep a huge smile on my face and also happy to report no warranty problems on any of my cars including the GK and GTI.

crap things.. windshield crack from rock on the GTI and replaced the glass twice due to crappy non-oem glass the first time around, water stain repair on the GTI's hood.. it took me a while to fix as it was such a calcium stained mess, side skirt replaced due to a hit which gauged it, deep scratch on passenger rear door recently also due to kick up, bent wheel replace earlier this year due to pot hole, curbed R wheel replaced, etc. but all is fixed.

Wrapping up the year i reviewed the car budget yesterday going over how i did in 2017. i was a grand over budget and most of that was from the unexpected R wheel curb replacement i needed to do near the end of the summer driving season.. ..ill just need to eat ramen noodles for a month. jk its all good.

i reviewed the 2018 budget plan as well. conservatively planning ahead, the DSG Golf-R purchase, at the earliest, will be summer 2019. reason being there are 2 major points..

1st point is if the wheel spin issue im having on my GTI at WOT is really worth spending another $25k+ over the GTI's trade. my GTI is an Autobahn trim so it is basically the same car as the R on the inside if i drive it normally. also in less than 2 yrs im going to get a car for my older kid to use and it will most-likely be a new FitSport/EX in MT if Honda still offers it. i'm thinking just trade my GTI in to get it or if there's nothing good around, just take off the piggyback and let my kid drive my GTI on regular fuel.. which was my original plan since up to a few months ago he showed ZERO interest in cars and there's no need for so much power for an inexperienced teen, he will need to work and learn to up keep the car.

2nd point.. relates to my 1st point.. i only have 4 parking spots at my place so at some point i need to consolidate my 3 cars into 2 allowing room for my kids' car.. which means if i get a DSG-R now, im going to have to get rid of either my STI or R in 1.5-2 yrs time.

unless im injured there is no way im going to choose a DSG-R over my STI or MT-R. ill just drive my R to work in this case and keep my STI at home as my fun car until im done with the car and decide wat to get next. if i still want to get a DSG-R at that time, ill get it.. but chances are i will get something nicer.

Have a great new yrs eve everyone! and a Happy 2018 to u all.

Old 01-01-2018, 09:19 AM
5 Year Member
Happy New Year! hope you all had a great new years eve. mang family and i ate so much teppanyaki last night it was crazy. sooo~ good.

so my new year resolutions..

a. going to stop eating before im completely full. i know i eat too fast and too much often so going to slow down and eat less for my health.

b. as for car things, going to be within my car budget this year. its real easy.. avoid pot holes and dont curb my wheel! haha

share yours if you have any resolutions.

Old 01-01-2018, 11:19 AM
5 Year Member
Happy New Year folks!!!

Old 01-01-2018, 01:30 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
Happy New Year! hope you all had a great new years eve. mang family and i ate so much teppanyaki last night it was crazy. sooo~ good.

so my new year resolutions..

a. going to stop eating before im completely full. i know i eat too fast and too much often so going to slow down and eat less for my health.

b. as for car things, going to be within my car budget this year. its real easy.. avoid pot holes and dont curb my wheel! haha

share yours if you have any resolutions.
Mine are largely within my control:

1 - Start working out
2 - Read 30 books
3 - Get my budget under control
3a - Get 401k to 6 months of my gross salary
3b - Set aside 3 months salary for emergency funds
4 - Go on two vacations
5 - Be a better person & spend less time on the internet (won't leave here, just making sure I take advantage of my time better)

Old 01-01-2018, 06:14 PM
5 Year Member
hey there ash, happy new year.

Originally Posted by mike410b
Mine are largely within my control:

1 - Start working out
2 - Read 30 books
3 - Get my budget under control
3a - Get 401k to 6 months of my gross salary
3b - Set aside 3 months salary for emergency funds
4 - Go on two vacations
5 - Be a better person & spend less time on the internet (won't leave here, just making sure I take advantage of my time better)
mike - sounds like a very healthy list!

Old 01-02-2018, 12:07 AM
5 Year Member
alright one more day off tomorrow and i am back to the grind.. going to enjoy my Tuesday for sure. it's frikken -9F outside right now.. and my buddy in burbank, ca was cracking up he's in 80F weather this week. lol told him to fedex me some warm weather my way.

so i calculated the GK's tire psi as i wasnt expecting this low of a temp this week.. the snows are going to be at 31psi tomorrow and my wife's going to need to take it out. should be borderline okay but anything below this will force me to pump air into it. my GTI runs high pressure in stock from (38psi range) so that car is fine.. still above 37.5psi by calculation.

if you are in very cold weather, check your tire pressure before leaving for work.

have a good week everyone!

Old 01-02-2018, 08:16 AM
5 Year Member
-12F this am.. definitely need some ice cream to heat up my body.

so today, my last day off for the new year holiday, will be spent inside working on my RC body for another jeep i was working on in parallel. should go by real quick. also some laundry this am. most of the day will be listening to some tunes and playing games with my kids. will stream another movie tonight. my wife had a bunch of amazon digital points so been watching movies every night the last week.

have a goood Tues everyone!

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?