General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2017, 10:21 AM
5 Year Member
What about a Prius?

Old 12-18-2017, 10:33 AM
5 Year Member
I think the Golf R is actually quite a bit more popular in DSG auto trim than manual. The DSG is quite a bit faster in the quarter than the manual and it gets really faster once modded. Gives up some driving experience of course.

Most people are torn between the two. Speed vs fun kind of decision I think.

Old 12-18-2017, 12:02 PM
5 Year Member
Lol thats the car she hates the most Mike410b. Shes had to "car-sit" for a friend while they were away for a long time. They had a prius and she hated how it drove. Even tried the lexus es hybrid...hated it. *shrug*.

I'm all for her getting a Diesel. 335d, 328d, Audi Q5 tdi are viable options. If she sticks to a non-diesel I'm sure it'll be up to a 3-series, Lexus IS350 at least.

Since shes a realtor, she drives quite a bit and having a nicer car is good for appearances sake as well as the creature comforts they provide.

Last edited by shinjari; 12-18-2017 at 12:06 PM.
Old 12-18-2017, 12:20 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
wheew, washed the GTI in somewat of a drizzle but it is clean again and i am happy.

Originally Posted by shinjari
Ewwww they make the R in an automatic? Poor manual trans is slowly dying with every year that passes =(

Bummer about the rain.

I hear that Mike410b! Besides the time off I'm just over the holidays. From Thanksgiving to New Years...If I could take a month long nap...I'd seriously consider it. All the traffic, "need" to partake in the holiday, force obligations etc etc. My holiday spirit was gone long ago lol. I look forward to snow though so I can go Ski haha.

The GF has really been talking about getting a new(er) car. Her 07 elantra has treated her well with an uneventful 210k miles. She is just ready for something with some bells and whistles and good MPG.

IF VW/Audi didnt screw up and have the whole diesel-gate thing...I'd be all over getting her an Audi Diesel. Her cousin has a 2011 335d and that thing is a blast to drive. 425ft/lb, 23/36 MPG and possible 500+ miles to a tank of gas? Unfortunately that was the last year they made them. Now the 328d only has 280ft/lb, 32/45, and 600+ mile range. So 30% loss in torque but you gain that in MPG. So shes torn haha.

She considered a hybrid...but just hates how they drive and electric, short of a tesla X doesnt get enough range.
yah the DSG R is actually the 'true' form of the R, imho. they just made the MT variant for MT junkies like me just to
shut us up, i believe. hahaha thing is extremely enjoyable to drive, btw. i luv the MT R.

happy hunting for your GF's car! TDI was such a punch in the face. i too was going to try diesel since my local stations started carrying them all over. bummer.

while im planning on getting a new MK7.5 DSG-R, honestly if i can find a lightly used 17 DSG R id go for that too since i can then completely swap out parts with my R.

Originally Posted by GAFIT
I think the Golf R is actually quite a bit more popular in DSG auto trim than manual. The DSG is quite a bit faster in the quarter than the manual and it gets really faster once modded. Gives up some driving experience of course.

Most people are torn between the two. Speed vs fun kind of decision I think.
yah, i just like the shape of the Golfs so much more than the S3... the only thing i hate about my GTI is not enough traction.. they say the GTI is 90% of the R.. but its that 10% that bugs the HELL out of me. everything else is pretty much the same on my Autobahn trim, so i can see if someone wants to go on a budget they'd settle on the GTI.

Old 12-18-2017, 12:22 PM
5 Year Member
.. but why settle.

Old 12-18-2017, 12:32 PM
5 Year Member
shinjari- speaking of range.. the current nissan altima has SUPER range per fill.. it showed like 630miles or 650miles something when i gassed a rental prior to return.

i was quite surprised. not impressed with the car, but just the range.

Old 12-18-2017, 12:33 PM
5 Year Member
Lol thats the car she hates the most Mike410b. Shes had to "car-sit" for a friend while they were away for a long time. They had a prius and she hated how it drove. Even tried the lexus es hybrid...hated it. *shrug*.
Maybe she doesn't like the smell of her own farts? (South Park reference worth youtubing if you don't get it.)

Old 12-18-2017, 12:35 PM
5 Year Member
huh.. the taxi's i often take during biz trips to the airport are usually prius and they seem to drive like any ol economy car..?

Old 12-18-2017, 02:08 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GAFIT
Maybe she doesn't like the smell of her own farts? (South Park reference worth youtubing if you don't get it.)
Lol good old SMUG episode.

She knows whether he likes a car or not...thats about it. The whole hybrid thing with the braking providing regenerative charging. It could also be the whole drive by wire she isn't used to. Even when I drove the prius the braking seemed a bit harsh/touchy.

As for an Altima, not sure I can convince her of that car despite that impressive range. It's up there with a Camry...

Last edited by shinjari; 12-18-2017 at 02:10 PM.
Old 12-18-2017, 04:28 PM
5 Year Member
huh, you laugh.. altima and camry are worlds better than an elantra from the rentals ive driven.

wat's her budget again? buy or lease?

Old 12-18-2017, 04:46 PM
5 Year Member
Well yeah I'll agree with you there about being better than an elantra. I mean anything will be leaps better (theoretically) than her '07 elantra haha. Shes just so used to her car its like second nature to her.

Just depends on the route she chooses...new/used...most likely buy as a lease doesnt make sense for mileage she does. Either way she wants to keep it under $35k-ish for new or used especially considering shes eyeing Lexus IS350, BMW 328d for the 2014+ category. If we find a good 335d that'll be less than $20k.

Last edited by shinjari; 12-18-2017 at 04:51 PM.
Old 12-18-2017, 04:50 PM
5 Year Member
been listening to the new AKG's since late morning. the tone is definitely even fuller now and i like the sound. anc is very natural and not overly done. but that means not as effective as the bose or sony's. still very good. with the bose you forget you are wearing headphones.. it is that good and comfy.

the audio quality on the AKG is very good. has that distinct AKG sound signature which i like.
wont say this pair is at the same level as the bose.. bose is still a few notches better.
regardless, this is definitely a good buy.

Old 12-18-2017, 05:00 PM
5 Year Member
Well yeah I'll agree with you there about being better than an elantra. I mean anything will be leaps better (theoretically) than her '07 elantra haha.

Just depends on the route she chooses...new/used...most likely buy as a lease doesnt make sense for mileage she does. Either way she wants to keep it under $35k-ish for new or used especially considering shes eyeing Lexus IS350, BMW 328d for the 2014+ category. If we find a good 335d that'll be less than $20k.
yah, i hate that leases you are bound by milage definitely smart to buy.

id get the IS350. i really liked the up to 2016 F-sport facia and at one time was considering to get one. if not too picky, the IS300 is about as good as the IS350 from wat i hear.. can even reflash the ecu to get it very close to a stock IS350 performance from the read.

the low-end 3-series was surprisingly crappy from the rental i drove. honestly a camry drove better. and the infotainment and auto climate were so crappy it pissed me off. couldnt get the cabin to the right temperature.. it was either too hot or too cold.

while i hate camrys in general, as a transportation vehicle that car is a benchmark for a reason..thing just performs very well and extremely practical for daily use. cant ignore the fact that they are very good vehicles for that purpose. if your GF's not a real car person, might even suggest checking out the new camry.. it looks pretty sporty and honestly a better car than the lower trim 3-series..

Old 12-18-2017, 05:06 PM
5 Year Member
oh, and for these passenger transportation vehicles.. forget about fwd vs rwd. the car sucks regardless and better to just go with fwd from a safety standpoint. id laugh at some 328 driver insisting his rwd is superior to a fwd in real world. gtfo fool.. lol

Old 12-18-2017, 05:43 PM
5 Year Member
Good to know about your headphones. Bose just seems to always know what they are doing to please the masses.

Yeah shes been a fan of the IS-F sports. Not sure which route to go. I'd suggest the turbo (300) for the better efficiency, but sometimes its just nice being all motor.

Shes a little bit of a car person (not like us on here). She can change her air filters, oil/coolant and spare tire if needed. But she can tell when a car handles well or drives well. Doesnt like cheap interiors etc etc. She got her Hyundai when she was in college over the corolla, focus and civic at that time. Back when economy cars were $15k lol. The 100k warranty was a definite plus.

If reliability wasnt a concern I'd be 100% about the BMW. Kinda the same reason I didn't pursue a used GTI/TDI. Worry about cost to repair something, should it arise.

The only issue for me with the Lexus is I swear everyone has one...this coming from the guy with a civic lol.

Last edited by shinjari; 12-18-2017 at 05:49 PM.
Old 12-18-2017, 06:24 PM
5 Year Member
definitely go with the IS350F or IS300F! cant go wrong with a lexus imho, and it is a good looking car.
yah i wouldnt want to buy a used VW either unless it's like a 2017 or know the guy who owned it and took care of it.
and no thanks to bimmers for me.. m2 is the only car id consider right now but it's rwd so..

yah, Bose QC35's are like the benchmark.

this guy knows wat he's talking about. i agree completely with his headphone reviews.
and his mention of the beats vs the sony 950's.. very true. have the 950's too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCRM...ature=youtu.be

Old 12-18-2017, 06:54 PM
5 Year Member
Does she like the new Accords?

Old 12-18-2017, 07:41 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
Does she like the new Accords?
I havent asked...simply because she'd probably say "Its too large of a car" (originally typed 'its too big' but wanted to avoid obvious jokes LOL). She likes having a smaller car due to maneuverability and ease of parking. I told her to try the Sonata or the Kia Spectra since they were an "upgrade" or step up from her Elantra and was shot down due to size.

The Lexus (184x71x56) is similar in width and height. Just 6" longer than her elantra (177x70x58).

The Accord is (193x73x58) which is over a foot longer than her car.

Meh...I'd say within the next 12 months we'll have a "new" car in the stable...as with any car guy...gotta start researching in advance. No impluse buys

Old 12-18-2017, 08:01 PM
5 Year Member
if korean and smallish yet easy to park, how about the hyundai tuscon? that car was actually one of the best rentals i drove in 2017. sad but true.

and only 0.4sec slower to 60mph vs the civic hatch.. haha

Old 12-18-2017, 08:17 PM
5 Year Member
time to reflash my ride.. <= shinjari..

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?