General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2017, 02:14 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GAFIT
It rarely snows here, so most drivers just don't know what to do.

We lost power, so we went to a friends (and fellow Fit owner) house to take showers. On the way there we were just basically rolling the speed limit. Had to pass a couple people on the two lane roads. Nothing aggressive. Slow and steady is definitely the pace. Not slow and stopped. And definitely not fast and aggressive.

The most fun part of the trip was snow removal. Had about 8" of snow piled on the roof, back window, and trunk of the Lincoln. It didn't come off at 55mph. First stop sign we came to I did a light AWD launch. Was absolutely hilarious. 400 lbs of snow slid right off the car in one big avalanche.

Got out later in the Golf. Tried the same thing. Darn thing couldn't launch hard enough to get the snow off. It just spins a bit and then traction control shuts the throttle. What a POS when it comes to traction. Pulled over and put it in park so I could turn off traction control. Only car I've ever seen that doesn't allow turning it off while in motion (again POS). With it turned fully off, it still cuts throttle. Highly irritating. I guess this is because it's not a performance model. But, heck, my Lincoln does all of this.

Maybe a vagcom would allow me access to actually disable traction control and do it while in motion?
Glad we didn't get that 8 inches of wet snow you did GAFIT. We got an inch I'm going to wait for the solar snow melter to do its job. My wife beat me to the open gararge space. ;-)

Old 12-10-2017, 03:06 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
my GTI looked like that earlier yesterday am.

Old 12-10-2017, 03:13 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
my GTI looked like that earlier yesterday am.
So with a layer of snow it looks like a MK6?

Old 12-10-2017, 03:53 PM
5 Year Member
i suppose. haha.

Old 12-10-2017, 05:13 PM
5 Year Member
looks like my Bose is now on its way. hope to have it in my hands soon.
kind of a quiet day today.. i havent done anything car related yet..

Old 12-10-2017, 06:14 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
You should 100% always wipe the snow off the top of the car before heading out. Otherwise you're effectively blinding people/if it falls off in one glob can present a dangerous hazard in the road, etc.

Basic winter driving etiquette.
LOL...difference based on location. There was not a single car without snow on the roof here. No one even owns an ice scraper let alone a special broom to clean roofs. They would get lost or rot between uses.

Everything literally closes here at the first sight of snow. People out are just goofing off and playing. There were more atv's on the road (not legal here) than cars.

Glad you told me about the etiquette for winter driving though. I will do that for sure if ever up North.

Last edited by GAFIT; 12-10-2017 at 06:46 PM.
Old 12-10-2017, 06:17 PM
5 Year Member
GAFIT - as noted many times, obd11 will take care of that. here are the steps, you're welcome!

ESC off using OBD11:
-Brake 1 (03) > Adaptation > Starting
vibration reduction > Deactivated
-Brake 1 (03) > Adaptation > Torque
limitation > Deactivated
Dose that mean you'd have to dig through those options to activate and deactivate each time? Most cars have a simple button on the dash.

Edit - have to add that spinning in a front drive car is not fun, but I could spend a whole afternoon frying tires in a muscle car. Maybe I watched too much Dukes of Hazards as a kid.

Last edited by GAFIT; 12-10-2017 at 06:33 PM.
Old 12-10-2017, 06:17 PM
5 Year Member
Ash, that's a beautiful picture!

Old 12-10-2017, 06:33 PM
5 Year Member
Doe that mean you'd have to dig through those options to activate and deactivate each time? Most cars have a simple button on the dash.
nono, once you set it via obd11, you just hit the traction control off button on your car and it will be completely off.. you won't need your obd11 on the car after programming your car.

Old 12-10-2017, 06:34 PM
5 Year Member
nono, once you set it via obd11, you just hit the traction control off button on your car and it will be completely off.. you won't need your obd11 on the car.
Nice! Now if I could just find the traction control off button! If our model has one, I can't find it.

Old 12-10-2017, 06:35 PM
5 Year Member
huh amazon now has a uber style map tracking where their local delivery van is. pretty cool hope to get my Bose soon!

Old 12-10-2017, 06:36 PM
5 Year Member
Nice! Now if I could just find the traction control off button! If our model has one, I can't find it.
wat??! time for GolfR for you too.

Old 12-10-2017, 06:36 PM
5 Year Member
huh amazon now has a uber style map tracking where their local delivery van is. pretty cool hope to get my Bose soon!
That's pretty cool/funny!

Is it free if it's not delivered in 30 minutes or less and still hot like Domino's? LOL

Old 12-10-2017, 06:38 PM
5 Year Member
wat??! time for GolfR for you too.
We'll see. It's getting too many hash marks in the negative column too quickly for it's time at this house.

Do love the overall driving dynamics though. I could see how a higher end model built on the same chassis would impress.

Old 12-10-2017, 07:11 PM
5 Year Member
We'll see. It's getting too many hash marks in the negative column too quickly for it's time at this house.

Do love the overall driving dynamics though. I could see how a higher end model built on the same chassis would impress.
yah, that's too bad. with these euro cars it's really a hit or miss. the GTI to me, despite all the bad luck with impacts and daily driving road rashes..lol, has been very good. i really like the platform, especially the R is just phenomenal.. luv the comical good looks too, kinda mean and cute looking at the same time.

im pretty certain that im going to get the DSG R next for me to replace the GTI. im not sure about my wife's car. she claims the GK is plenty for her and dont want me spending more money on her car. i would like to get some better halogens or something in the headlamps though!!.. thing is just too dark at night.

Old 12-10-2017, 07:44 PM
5 Year Member
That's pretty cool/funny!

Is it free if it's not delivered in 30 minutes or less and still hot like Domino's? LOL
hahaha! that would be so funny. the van is getting closer to my house.

Old 12-10-2017, 08:49 PM
5 Year Member
dang, this new amazon tracking map thingie is very cool. tells you how many deliveries to go until your package arrives and the map is pretty much real time.

saw the dot arrive at my house and 5sec later my ip camera sent me an email it detected the amazon guy at the porch. nice!
paired the new Bose to my iphone, will pair to my ipad and take it to work tomorrow.

Old 12-10-2017, 09:39 PM
5 Year Member
Ash, that's a beautiful picture!
Thank you, I took it with my new camera.

Old 12-11-2017, 06:33 AM
5 Year Member
ahh, DSLR camera?

i had a nikon DSLR but gave it to my wife as my iphone was plenty for taking 'used car photo's' of my car haha. all my car picts turn out like those for sale ads as i have no talent or the patience of taking good pictures. and i like that on iphone you can adjust so many light and hue parameters to match your screen and make it look nice..

Old 12-11-2017, 06:43 AM
5 Year Member
k, on the menu today.. got the ipad and Bose packed up in my brief case to test out at the office. honestly i will probably end up not using the ipad and watch cnn vids and stuff off my company iphone again. haha i like how you can simultaneously connect 2 BT devices on these Bose.. for example i can be paired to my company ipad while paired to my private iphone. so i can take calls from my wife during my breaks if needed without doing anything. very cool.

so i got a big meeting coming up later this week and have to be in easter time zone so to prepare, got up before 4am this am to get my body adjusted... im usually up by 4:30am so not a dramatic change but my body feels out of sync right now..

going to motor my GTI to work this am. should be a nice relaxing drive.

have a good monday everyone!

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?