General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2017, 09:42 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
haha

yah, i think he likes sporty street cars.

Old 10-09-2017, 07:27 AM
5 Year Member
on the menu today .. i'm off so it will be a slow start but as soon as geezer hour hits, going to pull out my STI for a nice relaxing drive. . btw that arm rest extension is good! i likes.

get gas on the way home.. not much else going on, will clean it up real nice.

have a good monday!

Old 10-09-2017, 11:19 AM
5 Year Member
Hey guys hope your weekend has gone well.

Pretty low key here. Dismantling the Cbr600rr. Removed front forks to get rebuilt. Removed starter to get rebuilt. Oil change. Coolant flush/change. Rebuilt my HID harness, lot of soldering improvement on my end from 8 years ago haha. Glad the harness lasted that long and hope the rebuilt one lasts another 10.

Currently waiting for forks to get rebuilt then I can start reassembling everything.

Also figured out my HID relay harness issue in the Civic. Washed the civic and miata.

Hopefully today is as relaxing as these last few days haha. 90% over this cold I had so thats nice.

Old 10-09-2017, 12:39 PM
5 Year Member
Who are you having do the forks? I used Trac Dynamics many years ago to rebuild/revalve and shorten the forks on my ZX-9. I was happy with their work. Many years later, the forks still work well.

I think there are a lot more choices now than there used to be.

Old 10-09-2017, 12:49 PM
5 Year Member
I want a motorcycle.

I SHOULD buy a Ninja 250.

I WANT to buy a BMW G310R.

I took the S2000 for a nice drive yesterday. Left some SWEET 255mm RT615K+ shaped black marks on an onramp because some soccer dad felt a need to try to out drag me up the hill. His kid was probably like, "WTB: Cool bald dad instead of Ford Explorer driving bald dad"

Also assembled a shoe rack...still can't fit all my shoes. Feeling like ken assembling furniture though.

Old 10-09-2017, 01:19 PM
5 Year Member
shinjari- sounds like a pretty intense project!

yesterday i fixed a new stage piano called Nord Piano3 and even made a diy for folks that were having the same problem as mine. ended up no one is brave enough to open up their brand new instrument to fix. lol! one would need to send back to fix which could take weeks to repair for a 45min fix. musicians!! *shakes head*

Old 10-09-2017, 02:19 PM
5 Year Member
lol'ed at ken assembles furniture!

looks good, mike! yah, middle aged people in those soccer cars are often times annoyed by their lives so want to take it out on other people especially those with fun toys.. only to get their face smacked yet again.

Old 10-09-2017, 04:46 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GAFIT
Who are you having do the forks? I used Trac Dynamics many years ago to rebuild/revalve and shorten the forks on my ZX-9. I was happy with their work. Many years later, the forks still work well.

I think there are a lot more choices now than there used to be.
Just my local shop thats been there for ages. I bring them whatever I dont feel comfortable doing. One of the forks was leaking (32k miles on the odometer). Figured seal was just dirty so removed both and having both rebuilt. Have had the bike since '06. It's on '03, got it with 1500 miles on it.

I dont ride as much as I used to...and sometimes want another bike but more like a cruiser or dual sport. Long rides on the sport bike just get tiring with a passenger.

You figure BRIGHT yellow would make me more visible....nope. People still turn into my lane ALL the time.

Originally Posted by mike410b
I want a motorcycle.

I SHOULD buy a Ninja 250.

I WANT to buy a BMW G310R.

I took the S2000 for a nice drive yesterday. Left some SWEET 255mm RT615K+ shaped black marks on an onramp because some soccer dad felt a need to try to out drag me up the hill. His kid was probably like, "WTB: Cool bald dad instead of Ford Explorer driving bald dad"

Also assembled a shoe rack...still can't fit all my shoes. Feeling like ken assembling furniture though.
Awesome photo as usual. Good scenery and an excellent subject to take photos of makes it a win win.

As for me this was my first and only motorcycle. Never rode one in my life. Started a search...tried the big (4) 600s at the time. R6, gsxr, kawasaki...and lastly saw and fell in love with the cbr. It just looked like "my" bike and felt the best. Negotiated the price down, had a friend ride it back to my apt at the time. I didn't even have a motorcycle license. Took the class to get my license and the rest is history.

Originally Posted by kenchan
shinjari- sounds like a pretty intense project!
Its long over due and the 2nd most intense project I've done on it. I had to drop the motor around 16k miles. A spark plug was cross threaded or something from the factory and it was misfiring since it wouldn't seat right anymore. Had to drop motor, take it to the shop and they rethreaded all 4 spark plugs.

What was funny was the guy who did the work is still there after all these years and the times I've gone for a new tire or something he jokes "man you still have this thing? when you getting a new one?"

Old 10-09-2017, 05:49 PM
5 Year Member
I LOVE that yellow.

I've always liked that era CBR. My Dad has always had motorcycles, so I'm surprised I haven't already bought one, just always prioritized something ahead of it.

Right now I'm window shopping the KTM RC390, BMW G310R and Yamaha R3. I want something small that I can still have fun on for a good while.

Thanks about the compliments y'all, it is so nice to finally have a car I'm proud of.

Old 10-09-2017, 07:22 PM
5 Year Member
That BMW and KTM are pretty slick! I was gonna say CBR300r...but its kinda meh....compared to those haha.

I love my bike...sometimes though when I see a new one...with its fancy ABS and more HP and lighter....makes me want something "new". But dont ride enough to justify it.

I mean I was at a bike shop and wanted to see what the new 600rr felt like...I damn near tipped the thing over when I sat on it. I'm so used to needing X amount of strength to get MY bike off the kick stand that I damn near flung the new bike to the ground LOL. All because it was 50lbs lighter.

Old 10-09-2017, 07:28 PM
5 Year Member
shinjari- its always nice to see a familiar face at the service center especially one that did good work in the past.

mike - good job on ur s2k. happy bike hunting!

so i spent most of the pm just kicking back and watching youtube vids in my cave.. rest of the evening is probably just stream a movie and and call it a day.. i have several big meeting this week for work so was a good day to get my mind off of things and just rest.

Old 10-09-2017, 10:41 PM
5 Year Member
I may have just bought a turbo kit for the Fit! Found one in Australia, negotiated with seller, and requested a total with shipping.

Yes, I've lost my mind!

Edit - got total and paid the seller. Now lets hope that I actually get it.

Last edited by GAFIT; 10-09-2017 at 11:01 PM.
Old 10-09-2017, 11:53 PM
5 Year Member
Exciting! Turbo Fit sounds fun!

Seems like ken & I had similar evenings. Lounged, watched videos, but I did make some pasta too. Vegetable radiatore, home made vegan pesto, vegan sausage & some cashed parmesan cheese. Was fckn NOM.

Old 10-09-2017, 11:58 PM
5 Year Member
^sound good! i watched some tv then streamed a movie and just had a nice relaxing time.

GAFIT - woot! on the turbo.

Old 10-10-2017, 08:31 AM
5 Year Member
Son dropped off at school and now time to make a 4.5 hour drive to catch a 4 PM sales meeting. Followed by a 4.5 hour drive home so that I can get him to school tomorrow.

Very little information out there about the turbo kit I bought. It's supposed to be a complete Top Fuel kit that was used as a display and never installed. Comes with a pre-programmed HKS F-Con, cast manifold, cast intake plumbing, T25 turbo, new oil pan, and all plumbing. It is non-intercooled. MSRP was around $5,000 as it was a fully developed OEM style kit with cast parts.

My plan will be to test fit it and then send everything, including turbo, off to be ceramic coated. Don't think I will even bother trying the F-con. Thinking of going straight to a Hondata with bigger injectors. I will watch the IAT's and, if they are getting too high since no intercooler, will water/meth inject it.

Should be an interesting project. Not going to push the hp limits. Maybe shoot for 8psi or so and see how it does.

Old 10-10-2017, 08:38 AM
5 Year Member
I wonder how the piping will work as that is a JDM kit.

Old 10-10-2017, 08:57 AM
5 Year Member
I wonder how the piping will work as that is a JDM kit.
I don't think there were JDM vs USDM kits. Were there?

The exhaust and throttle body locations should be the same I would think? Here's where someone sold one, but I don't see posts from them about the install.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/sale...turbo-kit.html

Old 10-10-2017, 08:59 AM
5 Year Member
yah, i would go easy on the boost at least in the beginning. i remember the GD being like 0-60 9sec so if you can get it down to lower/mid-7sec that would be plenty. maybe you can hang with the BRZ's.

back to the grind today.. not too bad on the plate today, mostly prepping for tomorrow's big meeting. got a conf-call tonight though afterhours.

have a good monday everyone!

Old 10-10-2017, 12:49 PM
5 Year Member
I don't think there were JDM vs USDM kits. Were there?

The exhaust and throttle body locations should be the same I would think? Here's where someone sold one, but I don't see posts from them about the install.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/sale...turbo-kit.html
I may definitely be wrong.

I could've sworn AJ Racing make some modifications to fit their T1R kits on USDM vs. JDM, but I would've read that years ago. So it is ENTIRELY possible I'm way off.

Old 10-10-2017, 12:55 PM
5 Year Member
shinjari- its always nice to see a familiar face at the service center especially one that did good work in the past.

mike - good job on ur s2k. happy bike hunting!

so i spent most of the pm just kicking back and watching youtube vids in my cave.. rest of the evening is probably just stream a movie and and call it a day.. i have several big meeting this week for work so was a good day to get my mind off of things and just rest.
Yeah it is nice seeing the same person. Drained the coolant yesterday and pulled the starter. Cleaned the COMM and brushes still had plenty of life.

New Battery - en route
Stator - New
Regulator/Rectifier - testing tonight
Starter - cleaned and reassembled. Will load test later this week when I pick up Forks.
Hopefully this will make my electrical gremlin go away. Basically when bike is at temp, if I stop it and try to start it again it wont start. But I can bump start it. (Sorry if I've said this already lol)

Coolant - drained and will refill/burp when I reinstall starter (coolant hose goes above it/preventing removal without draining coolant)
Oil - Oil/filter received, just waiting to assemble bike to do it as the way its supported hinders oil pan access.

I may have just bought a turbo kit for the Fit! Found one in Australia, negotiated with seller, and requested a total with shipping.

Yes, I've lost my mind!

Edit - got total and paid the seller. Now lets hope that I actually get it.
Man look forward to this! I've seen a turbo GD at a SoCal meet and didn't ask what kit he had but it definitely had a front intercooler.

Exciting! Turbo Fit sounds fun!

Seems like ken & I had similar evenings. Lounged, watched videos, but I did make some pasta too. Vegetable radiatore, home made vegan pesto, vegan sausage & some cashed parmesan cheese. Was fckn NOM.
Vegan sausage? How come vegans/vegetarians keep making food that is reminiscent of a meat product? Hehe, just giving ya a hard time Mike410b. Plenty of vegetarian/vegan meals I've had were pretty awesome.

^sound good! i watched some tv then streamed a movie and just had a nice relaxing time.

GAFIT - woot! on the turbo.
What movie? We started "War for the planet of the apes" yesterday. So far so good. Hopefully it'll finish the trilogy.

Saw the new Star Wars trailer and can't wait

Happy Tuesday! Had yesterday off so that was nice.

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?