General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2017, 08:04 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
wow 20% u haz ballz mang in california. but i too was never pulled over for having 20% all around on my prelude when i lived in LA back in the late 90's. u might be okay! haha

prokit? id go with swifts if they offer em for your car. every prokit i had on various cars required at least a swaybar set or adjustable dampers to make them drive correctly. their progressive rate is imho crap..makes the car feel very sloppy during initial turn-in or when you quickly change direction. swifts on the other hand, no issue matching the stock dampers.

haha, yah, the 4x4 look is not good! lol

Old 09-10-2017, 08:07 PM
5 Year Member
ur civic has everything one would want.. dark wheels, front splitter, side and rear diffusers, rear wing, cool exhaust outlets, etc. very cool.

Old 09-10-2017, 08:11 PM
5 Year Member
so this pm lightly dusted the STI and R's interior, also cal dusted the GTI parked outside.

going to have a quick supper real soon (subway sandwich ) and then watch some TV and relax. got another busy work week this week.. hopefully not as crazy as last week.

might take a day off next week as a breather.

Old 09-10-2017, 09:52 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
ur civic has everything one would want.. dark wheels, front splitter, side and rear diffusers, rear wing, cool exhaust outlets, etc. very cool.
Thanks Im very happy with it. Havent seen if swift plans to make springs for the 10th gen.

I've run eibachs, H&Rs and swifts for drop in springs. All drove real well.

Only other exterior thing besides suspension/wheels Im considering if wrapping the roof black.

Still gotta figure out this custom trailer hitch too.

so this pm lightly dusted the STI and R's interior, also cal dusted the GTI parked outside.

going to have a quick supper real soon (subway sandwich ) and then watch some TV and relax. got another busy work week this week.. hopefully not as crazy as last week.

might take a day off next week as a breather.
California duster heck yeah! Love mine.

Whats your go-to subway? I'm a tuna guy...but they got some other goodies.

Yeah hope your week goes well. I'm putting in some OT to get this project done on time. 55 hr work week sucks...but I'll take the extra pay.

Old 09-10-2017, 10:10 PM
5 Year Member
If it's not sweet onion chicken with spinach, banana peppers, jalapeno & red onion, it ain't worth eating.

Old 09-10-2017, 10:56 PM
5 Year Member
Tuna on white, no crust.

Sorry, couldn't resist!

Tint is looking awesome on the Civic! So are the vent visors.

Once this storm passes by, I will schedule the Golf for tint. Probably going with WeatherTech vent visors. Not a good option like Mugen style that I've seen for VW's. We have real Mugen's on the Fit and love them. Held up well for close to 10 years now.

Old 09-11-2017, 06:08 AM
5 Year Member
shinjari- yah black roof is also very popular especially on a white car. id give swifts some time, they'll probably come out with a set for your ride down the road?

i usually have the cold-cut sammich and a bite of meatballs at subway. oh and don't work too hard! not that it's a bad thing. gotta pay to play.

Old 09-11-2017, 06:13 AM
5 Year Member
on the menu today.. going to enjoy my ride to and from work in my clean GTI, and just try to pace myself at work this week. then relax rest of evening. i guess i'm just hopeful for a non-dramatic monday. lol

have a nice monday everyone!

Old 09-11-2017, 11:44 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
If it's not sweet onion chicken with spinach, banana peppers, jalapeno & red onion, it ain't worth eating.
I used to get the sweet onion just like you get...but lately the sauce or the chicken has been "meh" at best. I even tried the chicken bacon ranch...same issue. Which is why I switched to tuna or ham.

Originally Posted by GAFIT
Tuna on white, no crust.

Sorry, couldn't resist!

Tint is looking awesome on the Civic! So are the vent visors.

Once this storm passes by, I will schedule the Golf for tint. Probably going with WeatherTech vent visors. Not a good option like Mugen style that I've seen for VW's. We have real Mugen's on the Fit and love them. Held up well for close to 10 years now.
Yeah I had the OEM visors on the Fit and they were perfect. The OEM civic ones are pretty boring.

Since I got tint I didnt roll the windows down. Today though I rolled them down and turns out the driver front visor is rubbing on the window slightly. May just sand it down to clear. Not sure I can remove them after putting stronger 3M tape on them...Contacted seller as this is a hit or miss issue per civicx forums.

shinjari- yah black roof is also very popular especially on a white car. id give swifts some time, they'll probably come out with a set for your ride down the road?

i usually have the cold-cut sammich and a bite of meatballs at subway. oh and don't work too hard! not that it's a bad thing. gotta pay to play.
Yeah swifts would be good.

Can't beat coils and TE37s though! Me likey.

But may just go springs and 15-20mm spacers like this. No cheesy "turbo" sticker and add on garage seal/gasket lip for me either. I just like the subtle drop and improved offset.

Last edited by shinjari; 09-11-2017 at 12:04 PM.
Old 09-11-2017, 12:22 PM
5 Year Member
I'd get some Gram Lights :hides:

Happy Monday all.

Yeah, Subway in general is pretty meh. Only time I get it is if I suddenly get crazy hungry on my way home from my local library (is a couple miles away & I walk there a few times a week).

Old 09-11-2017, 01:08 PM
5 Year Member
I'd get some Gram Lights :hides:

Happy Monday all.

Yeah, Subway in general is pretty meh. Only time I get it is if I suddenly get crazy hungry on my way home from my local library (is a couple miles away & I walk there a few times a week).
Well yeah TE37s are great...but definitely out of budget.

I'm leaning towards the 57DR's (again) or the newer 57XTC's. More reasonable in cost. Sure they are cast and not forged...but Im sure they'll still be lighter than the stock wheels.

Maybe some sweet advans like someones has on their s2k. EDIT: not likely...thats te37 and BBS $$$ lol.

Last edited by shinjari; 09-11-2017 at 01:14 PM.
Old 09-11-2017, 01:32 PM
5 Year Member
My Advans were roughly half what a set of TE37 cost, much closer to Gram Light pricing tbh.

Old 09-11-2017, 01:49 PM
5 Year Member
shinjari- Loled at "garage seal gasket lip". . haha!

yah minor drop and spacers can look good as long as the factory wheels are wide enough. otherwise they look like misplaced crab legs. lol. issue with a lot of factory skinny wheels is they don't look good from the rear when pushed out too far.

Old 09-11-2017, 01:52 PM
5 Year Member
k, got done half of the grind for today.. going to take the pm slowwww..

Old 09-11-2017, 01:59 PM
5 Year Member
My Advans were roughly half what a set of TE37 cost, much closer to Gram Light pricing tbh.
Im seeing $600/wheel minimum in 18's for any advans. granted just looking at evasive motorsports.

Also found someone who did the 57dr's in mag blue (18" version of the wheels I had on my fit and soon to be on the miata). Hes on BC Racing coils.

Not sure...may prefer a black wheel...maybe.

k, got done half of the grind for today.. going to take the pm slowwww..
Man Im jealous...I got 7 hrs to go lol. Granted part of the time is spend online lol.

Old 09-11-2017, 02:34 PM
5 Year Member
Those DR look great tbh.

I want a half day at work.

I paid $418.75/each for my 17x9 RG3 through Kami Speed, including shipping. Equivalent size Volks go for....$740/each.

Old 09-11-2017, 04:15 PM
5 Year Member
im happy i see discussions about real wheels, not some junk replica shittt on my blog! haha

Old 09-11-2017, 05:20 PM
5 Year Member
im happy i see discussions about real wheels, not some junk replica shittt on my blog! haha
But I was eyeing some XXRs...and some JNCs...maybe some Drags. I mean how different can they be from the real thing? A wheel is a wheel right? Want that hella flush gangsta stance look bruh. *insert severe sarcasm here*

Back on topic

So stock 18x8 +50 wheel is ~28lbs
Those Gram Light 57dr in 18x9.5 +38 is 23lbs. ~375/each

Or I can go Konig Freeformed Hypergrams 18x8.5 ~17lbs or 18x9.5 ~19lbs. @$200/each. Only issue they only come in bronze, red or matte gray....no black =(

Hoped it would've saved more than 4lbs per corner =/

Looked at Kamispeed for those wheels and they want $522/each now. You got a great deal.

Last edited by shinjari; 09-11-2017 at 05:31 PM.
Old 09-11-2017, 10:10 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by shinjari
But I was eyeing some XXRs...and some JNCs...maybe some Drags. I mean how different can they be from the real thing? A wheel is a wheel right? Want that hella flush gangsta stance look bruh. *insert severe sarcasm here*
haha

when i went to my local tire store to get my bbs mounted over the weekend, my wife came along and saw some of the tuner wheels the store was selling and was impressed at the price. $600 for a set of four! haha she was telling me i should get those instead next time so that i have 4 spares instead of just one. WTF mang.. ofcourse she was kidding.

Old 09-11-2017, 10:45 PM
5 Year Member
wife made us torikatsu for dinner. it was soooo good.

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?