General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2017, 03:15 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
next car i am getting is going to be a truck/suv like car if AT fosho (like tiguan-R)

Old 08-30-2017, 04:06 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
next car i am getting is going to be a truck/suv like car if AT fosho (like tiguan-R)
LOL, I keep seeing that car pop up in your thoughts. You going to make it 3 more years before a trade if they bring it out next year?

It seems like a natural next step for VW, but I'm kind of surprised they aren't taking that step with Audi instead so they can charge more.

Old 08-30-2017, 10:04 PM
5 Year Member
ohhhh had pizza tonight followed by cake. waz delish. ate too much. haha

Old 08-31-2017, 04:30 AM
5 Year Member
ooooph.. goodness + age = reflux. lol

Old 08-31-2017, 07:54 AM
5 Year Member
on the menu today.. enjoy my relaxing drive in the GTI to work, grind for a couple of hours, noticed i had one meeting today..on the way home need to run a quick errand and try to finish my wife's furniture assembly.

there are total 12 units we put together the last few weeks and about 80% is complete. hope to get this all done and past us by labor day.

besides this nothing car related but i got a nice new mat in the garage for the access door.

Old 08-31-2017, 07:47 PM
5 Year Member
ne1 have experience with a dyson v6 trigger cordless handvac?

i need to upgrade my POS black & decker and get a real high power vac for my cars.
i have several dyson vacs for the house and they have all been pretty good and reliable.

Old 09-01-2017, 07:17 AM
5 Year Member
happy Friday! been a long arse week been ready for the weekend since sunday night. haha

on the menu today, need to sell a few car bits on the way home from the grind..then work on the wife's furniture again tonight. should be a smooth sailing day.. hopefully. then a 3 day weekend!

Old 09-01-2017, 08:56 AM
5 Year Member
Three day weekend!!!

Any plans?

Old 09-01-2017, 12:05 PM
5 Year Member
oh yah, motoring my R tomorrow and Sunday, motoring my STI on Monday.
it is going to be a blast. afternoons im going to help my wife with the furniture we're setting up for her and maybe i might work on my RC cars too and stream movies in the evenings.

if we get done early might go to the mall. want to check out belts and travel bag.

anything going on in your neck of the woods?

Old 09-01-2017, 12:35 PM
5 Year Member
Someday ken will escape his mountain of furniture

I need a belt. Jelly of belt shopping.

I'm going up to northern WI for a drift event tonight/tomorrow. From then on, attempting to avoid thinking about work at all until Tuesday at 7:30.

Old 09-01-2017, 02:43 PM
5 Year Member
wooo nice! drift event.

yah wife brought so much shelves and stuff it is crazy. lol

Old 09-01-2017, 07:40 PM
5 Year Member
alright, sold some car bits made some cash on the way home. older guy and he came on-time.

older guys use discipline.
younger kidz use connection (internet). both arrive on-time using 2 different techniques.

Old 09-02-2017, 07:46 AM
5 Year Member
on the menu today.. pulling out my R for a nice morning drive, dropping off my kids and wife at a school event along the way, then continuing on for a nice solo relaxing drive.

come to think of it, my wife hasnt been in my R yet.. lol bought the car late May.
then relax, pickup the kids and wife in the GTI later pm followed by some icecream, then some TV and or streaming a movie.

hope u all have a nice saturday.

Old 09-02-2017, 02:05 PM
5 Year Member
alright so i faked up making a turn not seeing a curb on the side of the road sticking out more than it should, curbed my rear wheel about 2 inches

so bought a new one. lol $650. im going to be getting a new tire for it too as soon as it comes in so another $250-280, at the end around $950 so not bad considering the wheels i had on my previous hobby cars were like 950 for the one wheel alone.

im going to be taking this set off and swapping them to the winter set soon so im in no rush. in the mean time, i touched it up a little. im going to use some spot bondo as soon as the base paint dries. i couldnt tell how many layers id need and it's going to be a lot so bondo to the rescue.. going to keep this wheel/tire as a spare since the GolfR comes with no spare..

Old 09-02-2017, 03:45 PM
5 Year Member
already got it down to a 6ft wheel. will work on it some more tonight. if i can get it down to a 3ft then i might just use it as is until the tire is worn out.

Old 09-02-2017, 03:46 PM
5 Year Member
Lot of action going on since I've been gone. Man curbed ANOTHER wheel Kenchan? Insurance gonna cover this one too? Or was that covered due to getting bent by a pothole?

Washed the Civic and Miata this weekend. Really tired of this intermittent CEL P0012 on the miata. Something about timing is advanced. Its computer controlled...so all I can think is the computer is bad. Looking into it. Some days it turns on...some days its doesnt. Maybe the solenoid that reads the timing gets stuck...*sigh.

Tint scheduled for this coming friday, then probably order the mugen "style" visors. Debating on HIDs or LEDs for headlights. So dumb that the DRL's are LED, but headlights and foglights are halogen. Thoughts? HIDs will be brighter for sure and would make an eventual retrofit down the line easy. LEDs just so easy to install though.

ALso not sure whether to do white or yellow fogs. Here in SoCal, actually using Fogs for their intended purpose is far and few between.

For the house trying to figure out where to tap into cold water for a Hose line for the back yard. Water heater is out there so maybe there...or even the laundry is outside...so maybe there. WHo knows.

Old 09-02-2017, 09:19 PM
5 Year Member
hope u figure out the CEL on the miata!

yah, just bad luck for me, the other wheel on my GTI wasn't curbed but it was bent due to a pot hole. nah, not using insurance for this one. they'll probably want to repair it instead of replace it and the color will not turn out right yada yada faking BS. so, just bought a new one and going to use this one as a spare.

GL on the tint on the civic! humm.. not sure what is popular for the civic headlamps.
LED is brighter from wat i hear.. as long as the housing can take it id give that a try.

Old 09-02-2017, 09:41 PM
5 Year Member
but mang the drive in the R was awesome. had a great time, going to be taking her out for another spin tomorrow.

might swap the R's wheels to winters tomorrow pm given its going to be cooling down in a few weeks anyway. the DWS06 can use some break in. i saw that tirerack already sold out of the HyperGT wheels. lol seem very popular.

had charburger for supper.. waz good. now time for some icecream!

Old 09-03-2017, 11:06 AM
5 Year Member
Hey Kenchan which dysons do you have? We had an older dyson (nonball) animal and it has gone to vacuum heaven. So we are looking at their newer ones and they 1) have too many options and 2) dont have a freaking "compare" tool.

Leaning towards another upright "animal" version since they are stronger suction-wise and we have 2 dogs. May just goto Costco and get whatever one they have lol.

As for miata yeah I gotta allocate some time to dig deep into it...civic kinda distracted me from that haha.

Sounds like a good drive yesterday. I jynxed myself by washing all 3 cars and guess what the forecast is today? Yup...75%+ chance of heavy rain. Hooray!

Edit: just rechecked the weather...yesterday said 75%...now it says 30%...how meteorologists can get things wrong this frequently and still have a job is beyond me.

Old 09-03-2017, 12:30 PM
5 Year Member

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?