General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2016, 07:38 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Been driving the GK almost on a daily basis to run errands. I have to say, very nice car for this. Going to take it to work again today as I have a bunch of luggage I need to carry back from the airport on the way home.

I've been eyeing the Accord Touring lately (AT only).. I might seriously consider getting one.. if the Sport trim had the heated side mirrors I'd get that but in my are definitely need the heated mirrors in the winter time.. This would mean I would need to let go one of my RWD cars though.

Old 06-21-2016, 04:36 PM
5 Year Member
Damn the CVT sucks on the GK while driving swiftly.

Old 06-21-2016, 08:12 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
Damn the CVT sucks on the GK while driving swiftly.
I'll take the bait, explain yourself.

Old 06-22-2016, 08:05 AM
5 Year Member
im a MT driver and the disconnect between the throttle input and drivetrain is INSANE on these CVT's

for mild driving to the supermarket, going slow in traffic, etc the car does fine. but mang when i try to drive swiftly through traffic this annoys the hell out of me. maybe not as terrible as the GE's AT, but the CVT is not much better. and yes, i tried it both D and manual shift mode. both crap imho for any kind of sporty driving.

solution.. drive slow.
better solution, get MT.

Old 06-22-2016, 09:10 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks for your impressions! I notice this too when I stomp on it at 60+ on the freeway to pass and there's a bit of a delay. What I'm playing with now is a simultaneous left paddle down shift at the same time and this seems to help with a quicker rev up and take out some delay. Still testing this though.

But I know what you mean about the difference with manual gearing's directness to throttle input. Probably the only thing about the CVT performance I'm still trying to resolve more adequately.

I also wish there was a way to go from D to S on the steering wheel so if I want to down shift for a corner, it stays in the more direct manual ratio mode until I hold the right paddle.

Not my daily driver, so I don't get to experiment solo a lot in this car.

Old 06-23-2016, 07:34 AM
5 Year Member
i was only going 25-45 range in traffic needing to swiftly change lanes, etc to get off the expressway rushing to get to the airport. the driving experience was a mess. granted i drive a V6 MT car as dd so the difference is significant for me, but still i could never accept driving a fun-ish car like the fit in AT form. u just miss out so much.

my previous fits i used as dd were MT, but my wife can only drive AT so the GK is her car and therefore AT. for her it does just fine though. ive never heard her complain about the GK besides the warranty repair done earlier on.

Old 06-30-2016, 08:17 AM
5 Year Member
taking the GK to work again tomorrow. need to park valet at this restaurant we're going to and dont want to hand my keys to my other car.. i hate going valet.

my wife valet parks the GK all the time for work, so why not.

Old 07-02-2016, 08:31 AM
5 Year Member
okay, super busy day at work yesterday, and for the first time in a long time i really felt glad my wife's GK was AT as i drove comfortably back home after a LONG day at work.

mang theses pre-holiday last minute projects kicks my arse. lol

which brings me to my next question... wat do u guys think about the new civic coupe? i hear they are quite good from the previous gen and they actually look good to me.

ive been checking out the civic coupe touring (cvt only). i dont care for the sedan since i already own a 16' STI, (accord sport is cool but no heated side mirrors is a biotch in the winter, accord touring is a bit too pricy for wat i want to do with it), i dont care for the upcoming civic hatch cause i can borrow the GK..well, technically it is under my name.. i dont care about power cause i already have 2 cars that are plenty fast for me, i dont want a BRZ cause it's too slow for what it is, etc. etc.

ive been thinking more and more that i want a cheap car with lots of infotainment and nice interior i can take anywhere without having to have to think about valets f-king up my fun cars, people messing with my car while parked in the city, etc. civic coupe has a small foot print, so easy to drive around small parking structures, etc etc. can even drive in the winter and still have fun with my STI when needed.

Old 07-02-2016, 06:18 PM
5 Year Member
Mmhmm.... have you looked at the Accord Sport with Honda Sensing? It may have heated mirrors. Downside... 2.4L and CVT only.

The Civic Touring isn't shabby at all... I just cannot stand the new gauge cluster layout at all and not a fan of the styling (looks like the outcome of a Mazda 3 and Audi TT hook up). But that's just me though.

Old 07-02-2016, 09:25 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Hootie
Mmhmm.... have you looked at the Accord Sport with Honda Sensing? It may have heated mirrors. Downside... 2.4L and CVT only.

The Civic Touring isn't shabby at all... I just cannot stand the new gauge cluster layout at all and not a fan of the styling (looks like the outcome of a Mazda 3 and Audi TT hook up). But that's just me though.
the accord sport does not offer heated side mirrors unfortunately with any option. the higher trims like EX, etc comes with heated side mirrors, but they come with crappy wheels unless i opt for the touring. if it was at the sport's price i would consider the accord, but im not really into sedans to begin with and dont feel like spending any more than $26-27K on this beater.

actually the new civic looks pretty good to me. its been a while since i saw a civic and thought, huh, looks pretty good. as long as it looks decent, good handling, decent power, AT, nice interior, all honda sensing features, and all modern infotainment (apple play).. should be a decent choice.

i wonder if honda fixed the engine problem they had with the recall earlier this year..

Old 07-11-2016, 08:32 AM
5 Year Member
ended up getting a new GTI 4dr with performance/autobahn package over the weekend for me. it has the DSG gearbox i wanted. my other cars are MT so this is a good addition. will see how it does in the commute, but since it has no torque converter, the slight expected lag in throttle input is only from the ECU (which i can shorted in sport driving mode), not from mechanical + ESC lag.

the GK is still here since its my wife's car.

Old 07-11-2016, 12:01 PM
5 Year Member
How many cars do you have now? O_o.

Installed the stereo over the weekend, thanks again!

Old 07-11-2016, 01:26 PM
5 Year Member
Just 4 cars.

Sounds good on the stereo install!

Old 07-11-2016, 01:54 PM
5 Year Member
Just 4 cars.

Sounds good on the stereo install!
G35C gone?

Old 07-12-2016, 08:32 AM
5 Year Member
how's that S2K project coming along?

so i drove the GTI to work yesterday in congestion. nice.. the throttle input and response definitely resembles an MT car how the gears are locked with the rest of the drivetrain once the car is moving. i like it. getting tint and clearbra done next week.

Old 07-12-2016, 12:13 PM
5 Year Member
how's that S2K project coming along?

so i drove the GTI to work yesterday in congestion. nice.. the throttle input and response definitely resembles an MT car how the gears are locked with the rest of the drivetrain once the car is moving. i like it. getting tint and clearbra done next week.
Getting there

Only things left to order before I install everything are wheels, tires, seat rails, rear roll center adjusters, lug nuts, brakes, a new windshield and new side marker lenses.

Old 07-12-2016, 09:09 PM
5 Year Member
... so i drove the GTI to work yesterday in congestion. nice.. the throttle input and response definitely resembles an MT car how the gears are locked with the rest of the drivetrain once the car is moving. i like it.
I was also looking at the GTI autobahn w/ PP and LP recently but in 6MT form... Did you get yours with the DCC (Dynamic Chassis Control)? If so, curious how the DCC works out for ride adjustability?

Old 07-13-2016, 07:33 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
Getting there

Only things left to order before I install everything are wheels, tires, seat rails, rear roll center adjusters, lug nuts, brakes, a new windshield and new side marker lenses.

still a ways to go, but its good u go something fun to work on!!

Originally Posted by tbFit
I was also looking at the GTI autobahn w/ PP and LP recently but in 6MT form... Did you get yours with the DCC (Dynamic Chassis Control)? If so, curious how the DCC works out for ride adjustability?
yah, ride change is not very noticeable to me. even in sport mode its nowhere as stiff as my 16' STI, so its a very solid but comfy ride. the one thing i dont like about the GTI are the junk Hankook tires. i asked the salesman why it didnt come with continental tires as we would expect on a german car. pisses me off that those korean genesis sedans come with german tires but my german-mex car comes with korean tires. lol

the only mods on my GTI is running 10mm spacers on the rear for aesthetics/straight line stability, and tint clearbra, weathertechs. btw, that fender stereo sounds very good. i plan to buy another factory wheel set to wrap with DWS. the car feels very good on the expressway. considering its size similar to the honda fit, the car feels so much bigger and more stable.

Old 07-13-2016, 07:50 AM
5 Year Member
but lets not forget my GTI was msrp 35k+ (not dat i paid dat)... not a fair comparison to a 17-20k honda fit.

Old 07-14-2016, 11:21 AM
5 Year Member
but lets not forget my GTI was msrp 35k+ (not dat i paid dat)... not a fair comparison to a 17-20k honda fit.
But is it as comfortable as two 17-20k Honda Fits?

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?