General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2013, 11:13 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Wanderer.
Yay! I was going to Google when the clocks were changing but now I don't have to lol

I will also have to wash this weekend, got it all waxed and shiny and then drove through the desert in 50mph winds. Kids put their hands all over the dust on the doors so I was but then they said they were trying to help clean it so I just had to

Have a good weekend
lol, np wanderer! hope you had a great weekend.

Old 11-04-2013, 11:21 AM
5 Year Member
so i took my '12 to the city both sat and sun and had a good time roaming around. hadn't really spent much time in the city for years now so forgot most of the street names and the one way streets. felt like a newb.

most of the roads were pretty smooth, but some had really bad dips and bumps. no issue with scraping or tires rubbing the fenders or anything. car took it like a champ. the drive was enjoyable.

the car feels it belongs in the city with its small size, good visibility of pedestrians and cyclists, and ease of driving overall.

cleaned up the car using my griot's sprayon carwash when i got home.
hope to do another round this weekend.

Old 11-07-2013, 11:03 AM
5 Year Member
this weekend i need to swap the 09's shoes to snows. so tonight i think im going to dig them out from storage and bring them to my garage in prep.

we got snow in the forecast next week, just in time.

this year has been kinda perfect for me as far as weather to prepare for winter. like when i hibernated my other cars last month, i had a weekend where temps went up to 60F one afternoon, just long enough so that i could do some final rust proofing on the undercarriage before i put my cars away. the spray i use (rust reformer) requires temps to be at least 50-55F.

this weekend, temps are 50F on sat, so i can do the wheel swap outside without freezing my butt. then temps drops in the evening down into the high 20F's.

Old 11-07-2013, 11:09 AM
5 Year Member
as far as my weekend drive in my '12, i already have a route planned out for both sat and sun. looking forward to my quick trips.

after sat's drive, will do another round of sprayon carwash on the '12.

Old 11-08-2013, 12:26 PM
5 Year Member
TGIF!

last night i grabbed the snows for the 09 afterwork and placed them in the garage in prep for tomorrow's swap. perfect weather too for tomorrow. forecast shows 55F and sunny.

will move all the liquids on my detailing cart tonight to keep them in room temps inside the house. will also make room to keep the 09's summers in the garage till Spring.

im really looking forward to my drive this weekend in my '12.

Old 11-11-2013, 10:39 AM
5 Year Member
took my '12 out both sat and sun to the city and had a good time.

at one intersection i didn't realize how far the corner of the curb came into the intersection and clipped it while turning i was like wtf... but with 205/50's no issue with curb rash. wheew. and with swifts, car is lower, but not super low so did not scrape anything underneath.

cleaned it up real nice with sprayon carwash and also swapped the wheels on my 09 to snows. ready for some frosty weather this week.

Old 11-12-2013, 12:12 PM
5 Year Member
had some snow last night. my '12 with DWS did absolutely fine. will be low 50F on sat, so will wash all the salt off then (using hose).

Old 11-18-2013, 12:16 PM
5 Year Member
weekend was pretty much a repeat of last week.

cleaned up my '12 real nice last night after the storm using Sprayon Carwash. glad no huge hail during the storm. the largest was maybe 1/4". no damage that i could see.

Old 11-19-2013, 03:16 PM
5 Year Member
quick update on that aries floor mat. so far so good!

very easy to clean. heck, i just take it out of the car to remove any pebbles, then use my QD to wipe clean with my paper towel. so easy.

Old 11-20-2013, 05:29 PM
5 Year Member
so as a winter project i think im going to get me some gunmetal vinyl to cover up the polished spokes on my summer enkei wheels. they are dual 7 spokes, so will take a while to make the cutout and apply... (the wheels are gloss gunmetal with polished spokes)

was also thinking about painting the whole wheel silver, but i think i want to try something a tad more original than just painting them some ordinary color.

nothing wrong with the wheel as it is, i just want to give it a different look come Spring time.

for my current wheels, i want to find small red or white "HONDA" logo lettering to apply to the spoke. not the typical "H" emblem decal on the center cap.

Old 11-22-2013, 04:20 PM
5 Year Member
hope you all have a nice weekend.

down to low 20F's by late evening tomorrow... i have a lot of family related things to do over the weekend starting tonight. sunday im planning on taking my '12 out to the city again to check out some new areas ive not been to. im looking forward to that. too cold to do any washing, hope the temp comes back up mid next week.

Old 11-22-2013, 04:32 PM
Originally Posted by kenchan
for my current wheels, i want to find small red or white "HONDA" logo lettering to apply to the spoke. not the typical "H" emblem decal on the center cap.
How wide are the spokes and how long do you want the lettering to be?

Here's .7" x 6" random website lol
JimShirts, LLC Online Shop - Honda Text Logo Decal

Boring Friday at work so i'm crusading around the internet finding things for people

Old 11-25-2013, 10:08 AM
5 Year Member
hey thanks, wanderer! yah, that SMALL size might work. will remeasure my spokes.

had a super busy weekend especially friday and sat. lots of driving here and there for family related events, but all went smooth.

i had some time yesterday early morning so zipped through the city for fun. had a good time. was too cold to do any washing (13F) so hopefully sometime this week i can do a waterless wash minimum.

also watched some clips of folks doing spring installs on the fiat500. their car is bascially the same setup as ours. easy to do. and they were doing it with VERY basic tools. cracked up when the guy mentioned about using pliers to hold a nut... and pulled out a pocket knife hex wrench to hold the damper shaft. hahaha.

i think they did that on purpose to show even the most unexperienced can do the job.

Old 11-27-2013, 01:16 PM
5 Year Member
looks like a heat wave coming in over the weekend. high of 40F. looks like im going to be washing my '12.

Old 11-28-2013, 05:39 PM
5 Year Member
was at the stores earlier and this guy in a newer LS460 parked next to my '12 and complimented me how he always wanted to get a small MT honda hatch like mine to play with, but no time due to work.

we kinda looked at each other and cracked up how odd life was. im thankful i dont have to overwork myself so much that i dont get to play with my cars or toys. lol

hope you all have a nice turkey day.

Old 11-30-2013, 03:04 PM
5 Year Member
Washed both Fits. used a hose today to blast off salt from the undercarriage. Also cleaned the glass and floormats, added air to the tires, did a quick inspection on the cars. Everything checked out.

Old 12-02-2013, 02:49 PM
5 Year Member
anyone have the part number for the big hose clamp right aft of the radiator at the top? i need to replace that on my 09 next Spring due to heavy corrosion. i should've put some oil on it 5yrs ago... and kept the engine bay clean.

Old 12-03-2013, 06:21 PM
5 Year Member
took the '12 out for a one-day road trip. trip was smooth, on the way back i got caught up in some congestion but no issue. i still think the Fit's MT is much less hassle to drive in congestion vs my 09's AT.

with my MT, i just let the car roll in 1st real slow with no throttle. i rarely use my brakes in bumper to bumper on my MT. overall was a nice smooth trip.

Old 12-04-2013, 09:41 PM
5 Year Member
woot, gotz my maintenance stuff for Spring.

Old 12-04-2013, 09:48 PM
Originally Posted by kenchan
took the '12 out for a one-day road trip. trip was smooth, on the way back i got caught up in some congestion but no issue. i still think the Fit's MT is much less hassle to drive in congestion vs my 09's AT.

with my MT, i just let the car roll in 1st real slow with no throttle. i rarely use my brakes in bumper to bumper on my MT. overall was a nice smooth trip.
I do the same, usually in 2nd though because traffic doesn't roll that slow here. I hate having to stand on the brakes in my wife's AT.

77k miles on OEM brakes with tons of life left

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?