General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2013, 09:18 PM
5 Year Member
Anytime. I love having my applique on my GD3, saved me from getting MANY of scratches on the rear bumper.

Old 08-12-2013, 12:08 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
i looked at the touch up i did and the paint is drying pretty nicely. will keep adding more paint every day until it's slightly taller than the surrounding paint. will wetsand it down in about a month.

if it still looks bad, i will get the applique. im glad i have this option.

Old 08-12-2013, 12:09 PM
5 Year Member
hootie- those are the tirerack original wheels, correct? i use to run them on my GD too and they were very good.

Old 08-12-2013, 08:11 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
hootie- those are the tirerack original wheels, correct? i use to run them on my GD too and they were very good.
Yes, my wheels are the 15x7 ET +42 Tire Rack Motorsport C1 (non-M). I really dig the bang for the buck factor when it comes to these wheels in terms of weight and price (and also decent looking wheels as well).

Old 08-13-2013, 10:07 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Hootie
Yes, my wheels are the 15x7 ET +42 Tire Rack Motorsport C1 (non-M). I really dig the bang for the buck factor when it comes to these wheels in terms of weight and price (and also decent looking wheels as well).
nice choice! i too like those wheels a lot in all aspects. the paint is very durable too.

so last night i added another dab of touchup to the chip. i probably need to do another 3-4 layers before it's taller than the surrounding paint. it's a pretty deep void. will add more tonight.

Old 08-14-2013, 03:53 PM
5 Year Member
its funny how touchup paint flattens after it dries... when i put that blob of paint into the void, it looks like water droplet on an apple or something.

but by morning, it's flat like a deflated balloon.

will add more paint tonight...

Old 08-15-2013, 05:25 PM
5 Year Member
so i think after tonight's application of touchup, i will have a convex vs the surrounding paint which is what i want.

will then dry for 4wks...so by mid-Sept i will wetsand it down to flat just in time for the end of warm season polish/sealant.

Old 08-16-2013, 03:32 PM
5 Year Member
completely forgot but last weekend marked a full year of ownership of my '12 sport 5MT.

here's a quick review...

miles on car: 6500miles or something. it's under 7K.

1) So far complaints: peanut sized paint chip on bumper (ok, that was an accident hahaha ) no complaints.

2) Problems with car: none

3) Areas of improvement wanted: i'd like to rid the sway... the swift springs feel good with the stock dampers, but a tad too much sway for me.

will fix either by getting adjustable dampers or just get coilover down the road.

4) Overall cost: nothing more than gas. haven't done oil change yet. will do later this month.

5) How happy am i?: very happy.

6) Would i do it again if my '12 got totalled: yes, but not looking forward to re-doing the intermittent wiper stalk mod. lol

7) Best mod date: Swift springs

8) Worst mod to date: none. this is my 3rd Fit Sport, so i kinda know what works, what not to get.

9) How much have i spent on the car: probably around $21K-$22K total with the mods and 2 wheel sets included. i paid $19K cash otd last year for the car. not a bad deal.

10) any other questions?

Old 08-18-2013, 04:23 PM
5 Year Member
Washed my Fits today.

Old 08-19-2013, 12:46 PM
5 Year Member
Need to stop by walmart this week to pickup motor oil.

thinking about doing the mobil1 silver cap for my '12, and maybe valvoline dino oil for my 09'.

Old 08-20-2013, 06:04 AM
Hi there people,
This is James, another Fit lover.
So hoping to hang out in here and have a great time out here.

Old 08-20-2013, 08:22 AM
5 Year Member
Wazup james.

Old 08-21-2013, 12:21 PM
5 Year Member
this weekend, i think im going to go recycle scrap metals for some coins. wife found a place that will pay me cash on the spot for any metal they can recycle. like old bed frames, sofa bed frame, body panels i used long time ago to practice PDR, etc, etc. been cleaning up my storage and found so many metal parts i could just get rid of and use that space for maybe new wheel set.

hope the bed frames and stuff will fit in my GE.

Old 08-21-2013, 12:23 PM
5 Year Member
crap, i just remembered, i have a set of stock swaybars from my other car that i can recycle too.

Old 08-23-2013, 05:33 PM
5 Year Member
in prep for tomorrow (scrap metal recycling), going to get gas in my '12 on the way home

i bet the scrap place will be like, how come you got so many misc car panels?? you work for a bodyshop?
these are panels i used to practice PDR like 5-6 yrs ago when i was taking PDR training for fun.

Old 08-24-2013, 05:42 PM
5 Year Member
my fit did excellent while taking nearly 400lbs of metal stuff from the house to recycle this am. the ride was loud as hell from all the metals banging into each other over every frikken bump. hahaha.

while i used rags and beach towels to prevent scuffs inside the cabin, i took precaution and drove very smoothly and as slow as possible without holding up traffic. luckily everyone on surface roads were going kinda laid back, so the drive was perfect. came out with no scratches or scuffs. woot.

also stopped by walmark to pick up 5qt jugs of 0w20 and 5w20 mobil1 to do my '12 and '09 oil changes in the coming week.

vac'ed the inside of the car and used sprayon carwash to spot clean the exterior.

Old 08-25-2013, 06:33 PM
5 Year Member
so on my to do list for my '12, i had 'paint rota center caps' still open.

was really not looking forward to spending time on these junk wheels, but
since i already have a set for winter use, i wanted to run center caps without
their damn logo to hide myself from embarrassment. rather it be a no-brand
then a rota.

last year i painted the hub on my '12 black and ran without the caps, but for
some reason, using the primer caused the dupicolor paint to chip more than
the previous years where i just sprayed engine enamel directly onto the hub.
lol. like my old GD went through 5 winters and the paint held up fine.
anyway, dont feel like removing the paint and repainting the
hubs, so going to run caps instead.

i took a close look at the rota caps and found that their ugly logo is
a cheap aluminum emblem.

so, i took my pick tool and interior tool, and separated the emblem from the
cap. and was pleasantly surprised that it was already painted gunmetal. woot!

so i cleaned off the adhesive and walla. done. lol

here's wat it looked like before i removed the adhesive.

came out with absolutely no scratches.

Old 08-26-2013, 01:31 PM
Hey Kenchan. I see you have been at this for a while with the Fit's. Way too much info to go through in this thread. I guess I am like you back in '07. I am looking to get myself into a Fit Sport for a DD with some cargo space. Currently trying to find myself a used '09 or '10 with low miles. Kind of wanted to go with a auto since it will be used for the daily commute in traffic but dunno if I will regret that decision later if I end up with an auto. Just browsing around right now looking for tips and useful info in my search.

Definately the only way to roll on some Rota's

Old 08-26-2013, 01:40 PM
5 Year Member
Hey Ken, some guys on here used plastic caps picked up from Home Depot. Looks like yours worked out fine though.

Old 08-26-2013, 04:56 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by speedfreek
Hey Kenchan. I see you have been at this for a while with the Fit's. Way too much info to go through in this thread. I guess I am like you back in '07. I am looking to get myself into a Fit Sport for a DD with some cargo space. Currently trying to find myself a used '09 or '10 with low miles. Kind of wanted to go with a auto since it will be used for the daily commute in traffic but dunno if I will regret that decision later if I end up with an auto. Just browsing around right now looking for tips and useful info in my search.

Definately the only way to roll on some Rota's
honestly the AT's on these cars sucksarse imho unless you aren't a car person (like my wife) and just use the car for getting from A to B. my 09 is AT and it is night/day difference between my '12 MT GE as far as drivability, fun, and overall power. you loose so much on the AT's slush box. the paddles that turn with the steering wheel is a joke too. every time i make a left turn at an intersection, i lose position of the paddles. i hate it.

so, if you know how to drive MT, i highly recommend you get the MT. GL!

Originally Posted by Subie
Hey Ken, some guys on here used plastic caps picked up from Home Depot. Looks like yours worked out fine though.
huh, i didt know they sold caps that fit. thanks for the info. i will remember that for next time.

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?